#6401 Posted by RSNZ64 (9 posts) -

Its 5am in the morning here, I got up because I wasnt able to sleep. I thought hey I will jump on GB.com and have a laugh for an hour while I watch a new quick look or something... but instead I was greeted by this article..... I cant stop staring and his picture unable to do anything else.... this is totally unbelievable!!

#6402 Posted by Finch (96 posts) -

Only way to do it.

I woke up this morning to this heartbreaking news. It's now 2:28am, and I'm rounding off today with a toast to one of my favourite entertainers. We are all so lucky to have Giant Bomb, and to have had a man like Ryan Davis such an integral part of it. Rest in peace, big man.

Fuck; Ryan Davis.

#6403 Posted by robbles23 (1 posts) -

This is so terribly sad. My condolences to his family and to all of you at GB.

#6404 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (2933 posts) -

RIP Ryan Davis.

Woke up today hoping yesterdays news was just some sort of bad dream.

#6405 Posted by Kazona (3058 posts) -

One of the things I wanted to do in my life was to meet the Giant Bomb guys. To know that I will never get the chance to shake Ryan's hand and tell him how highly I think of him really makes me sad.

there is a heaven, I hope you're looking down, Ryan, and see just how much you meant to people, even to those who never got to shake your hand.

#6406 Posted by Grillbar (1792 posts) -

i dont know how many times i have been back to this site in the 24 hours. everytime i come back with a faint hope that this is some sick joke, or that i just imagined it.
after have been following the guys for longer then i can remember, this is indeed a profound loss.
even though i have never meet let alone talked to Ryan, i always felt like i knew him really well.
kinda that strange creepy twisted (in a good way) uncle that never really had to do anything to make you laugh and really fell comfortable.
i cant even begin to imagine what the crew, the family and friends and mostly his wife is going though.
all my heart, sympathy, and deepest condolences goes out to them.

Ryan, thanks for all the stupid shit you were part of. thanks for all the creepy looks and heartwarming and contagious laughs. thanks for everything
and where ever you are i know your still having a ball

#6407 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2408 posts) -

If I go
Before Im old
Oh, brother of mine
Please don't forget me if I go

Bartender, please
Fill my glass for me
With the wine you gave jesus that set him free
After three days in the ground

#6408 Posted by DGBruin08 (86 posts) -

One day later, and it's still hard to believe.

#6409 Posted by fetchfox (1214 posts) -

This still feels like a joke, I'm dumbfounded. My condolences to all family and friends, a dear man to us here at giant bomb is gone.

#6410 Edited by Greatgrey (55 posts) -

This is fucked, I can't handle this.

#6413 Posted by MagicRub (4 posts) -

I love you ryan

#6414 Edited by Ninja_Welshman (476 posts) -

Genuinely upset by this news. Can't imagine what his friends and family are going through. My deepest condolences and sympathies to you all.

R.I.P Ryan Davis

Goddammit, you will be missed.

#6415 Edited by Archdeimos (1 posts) -

To be honest I have not followed Giant bomb very long. I probably started following the site and listening to the podcast late last year. Mostly because I wanted something to listen to while I was still on the hype train for D3 and was playing that game alot. But as time passed and the more Giant Bomb content I'd consumed the more connected I felt with the entire crew.

Through the sharing of their personal lives they felt more like a group of long distanced friends than a just another group of game journalists. And in my mind, Ryan was not only the host anchor of the podcast but the heart and soul of the crew. I could be wrong but that was how I felt.

When I heard the news yesterday it was coupled with news of a another loss, my best friend Jonas. Need less to say, yesterday was a very trying day. I felt that the world has gone fucking mental. Two young men tragically taken away from the world before they had reach their full potential.

I am still grieving for both my friend and Ryan; probably will for a long time... but I will celebrate the memory of them. I will never forget them both. Ryan was my friend, he didn't know me but in my eyes he was my friend.

R.I.P Ryan Davis.

We miss you.

#6416 Posted by jbuchan76 (146 posts) -

LOVE RYAN DAVIS

One of us duders needs to make tee-shirts and donate the proceeds to charity in Ryan's name.

Any ideas?

#6417 Posted by tydigame (83 posts) -

Oh no.

#6418 Posted by XplusY (62 posts) -

Is there anything we can do as a community? I think we as a community want to do something: donating to a charity in Davis's name, do something for Anna and the rest of Ryan's family, anything? I know Drake said there would be more on this later, but when is later?

God, this whole thing sucks.

#6419 Posted by SomeAmerican (4 posts) -

I'm just gutted man. What a terrible thing. Thanks for making the last four years of my life a little bit dumber and a whole lot brighter, Ryan. Safe travels. You will be missed.

To the rest of the crew, family, and known associates - I'm truly sorry for your loss.

#6420 Posted by Nakirendral (55 posts) -

I find myself glued to my PC chair, I have to be on my way to Boston in an hour but I keep refreshing and looking at other people's postings and pages to Ryan, hoping for some new development. I couldn't sleep well last night thinking about how my happiness was dependent on him and how every time I listen to this bombcast and bomb crew I love, I will always be reminded of the laughter that won't come because of his absence.

I, along with many other fans I am sure, would really like to donate or contribute to Anna for whatever it is worth. If I am a poor man and I am willing to give $200 of my own hard-earned cash for a many who has given so much more than than paultry amount in joy, then I can imagine how much the community as a whole can be able to muster. Money, no matter how large an amount, will never bring the man back, but god damnit it the best we can do to show how much he meant to us all.

I will miss you Ryan Davis.

I feel like the clown who must always be smiling and put on a happy face, though inside myself I know the hole in my life from your passing is all I can think of.

#6421 Edited by Bahjey (1 posts) -

I remember him joking on my voice mail for about 2 min when the crew worked at gamespot. He was a familiar voice that entertained me for years. RIP

#6422 Posted by jbuchan76 (146 posts) -

@xplusy:

@xplusy said:

Is there anything we can do as a community? I think we as a community want to do something: donating to a charity in Davis's name, do something for Anna and the rest of Ryan's family, anything? I know Drake said there would be more on this later, but when is later?

God, this whole thing sucks.

Agreed! I just posted something similar. I want to do something and do something now.

I feel like shit, lost, sad, hopeless, confused, the list goes on and on. I want to do something that gives me some semblance of trying to help. Something anything.

#6423 Edited by TheRookie727 (57 posts) -

I don't usually post but man when I saw this... it's unbelievable RIP Ryan you will always be our friend.

#6424 Posted by maxB (285 posts) -

my little tribute to Ryan. RIP

#6425 Posted by Demento (46 posts) -

"Hey everybody, it's Tuesday"

That quote has been playing in my head all day. I never thought I would feel the way I do about someone that I have never met, but I am really sadden by the loss of Ryan. The Bombcast was my favorite part of the whole website, and Ryan was the glue that put it all together. A new Bombcast comes out today, maybe, but I am not sure I am ready for it. Having lost people that were well into their lives (ie. elderly), losing a friend at such a young age is a new experience and I can now understand why people say that they hope its all a bad dream and that it really didn't happen. Bye friend, I wish we could have met in person before you left, but you will not be forgotten by me.

#6426 Posted by MrCHUP0N (244 posts) -

Still taking it hard, one day later. Dedicating my next podcast to you and the joy you exude towards everyone around you. Rest in peace, Taswell.

#6427 Posted by iknowthatname (20 posts) -

Ryan did the world a huge service with his time here. Thank you Giant Bomb for allowing him to change us all for the better.

#6428 Posted by Purple_eye (63 posts) -

When i heard the news i felt like i had been punched in the gut, i can't even imagine what his close friends and family must be feeling. You will be missed Ryan Davis, the world is now a lesser place without you.

#6429 Posted by Choo_Parr (19 posts) -

I had the childish notion that when I woke up this morning this all would have been un-true.

#6430 Posted by laserbolts (5309 posts) -

Wow this is insane. RIP Ryan thanks for all the entertainment over the years. You will be missed. My condolences to his wife, the crew and to this community. A sad day.

#6431 Edited by Vuud (1943 posts) -

Ride her meat horse, you horsemeat rider...

#6432 Posted by RSNZ64 (9 posts) -

@kazona: My thoughts also. Im always planing my trip to America in my head, hoping that I would be able to meet up with the crew.

#6433 Posted by myslead (923 posts) -

it's been a day since the news and I'm still upset.

I have never hungout or even seen any of the Giantbomb crew in person, yet I feel strangely connected to each and everyone of them. Been a member of the website ever since its creation and I feel like I have lost a dear friend.

My condoleances to his family and wife and all of the Giantbomb crew.

RIP

#6434 Edited by Callumz (26 posts) -

Like most of the community here, I'm finding it difficult to properly articulate how I'm feeling about this. Ryan and the rest of the crew have helped me through some difficult times with their silly shenanigans, and now I feel like I've lost a great friend. No, scratch that, I have lost a great friend.

I wish my deepest condolences to all of Ryan's friends and family.

RIP Ryan.

#6435 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -

This is so tragic. His life ended just as it was really getting started. My thoughts are with his family, friends and especially his widow. x

#6436 Posted by Dogmantis (3 posts) -

I just wanna say I made a nice spot in my heart for these guys and to lose one is absolutely devastating not only to me, but to us all. We will miss you Ryan. We will remember your contributions. And we all love you man. Ill never forget how hard you laughed when you flushed a pie down the toilet. You really knew how to laugh. I usually say it as a joke but this time i mean it, Maybe someday ill be as cool as you. Peace, love, and games.

P.s. I been playin FTL in your honor. And will continue to do so until i beat this damn thing.<3<3<3

#6437 Posted by morose (23 posts) -

Oh man. I just... fuck. RIP Ryan, and all the best to his loved ones. I just don't know what else to say right now.

#6438 Posted by NeonBlackJack (87 posts) -

After a day of mulling this over, I've come across the first personal ray of hope. I made burgers using his plate-smash method about a week and a half ago, and it worked great. I'll keep using that method for sure, and I learned it from hiss bombcast wisdom.

I realize now that I will think of Ryan every time I make burgers. I think I'll have burgers and bourbon tonight.

#6439 Posted by Lexlas (7 posts) -

An unforgettable personality and gaming figure of the industry. He won't be forgotten - R.I.P Ryan Davis

#6440 Edited by James89 (75 posts) -

This is unbelievable! How could this happen? My thoughts and prayers are with his wife and family. I cannot even begin to process what I just read. It feels like somebody close to me just died.

I never met you, but I will always remember you. Rest in peace Ryan.

#6441 Posted by voloversio (7 posts) -

After a day of mulling this over, I've come across the first personal ray of hope. I made burgers using his plate-smash method about a week and a half ago, and it worked great. I'll keep using that method for sure, and I learned it from hiss bombcast wisdom.

I realize now that I will think of Ryan every time I make burgers. I think I'll have burgers and bourbon tonight.

I did the EXACT. SAME. THING. earlier this week.

#6442 Posted by thugg1280 (87 posts) -

RYAN DAVIS GaintBombs GOAT.

#6443 Posted by Branthog (7340 posts) -

I know it is selfish, but I desperately need a bombcast. I just need to hear some of my favorite dudes talking about stuff. Anything. About Ryan. Or even not about Ryan. I just need to hear some familiar voices to pull me out of this internet-mourning funk. I understand if they don't do one this week... but I really hope whenever they get around to it, we don't just skip over Ryan and get onto business.

Anyway... it is also nice to see so many outlets - game related and otherwise - talking about Ryan yesterday and today. He deserves all the warm thoughts and attention.

#6444 Edited by Finster (3 posts) -

I will you miss you, Ryan Davis. RIP. You and the boys brightened my weeks at the cubicle with your podcast. I suppose it is appropriate that I was terminated on Friday.

#6445 Posted by m16mojo2 (293 posts) -

I've posted on this once before but, I feel I need to add something.

The overwhelming outpour of love, compassion, and support that I have seen in this great GB community, and many others. Makes me realize that we are all real people, who really do care deep down.

I hope that Ryan's passing will stick with us in a positive way. Letting his attitude towards life, people around him, and video games. Let that stay with us forever. My hope is that when you start to feel like you can hide behind your screens again, and be negative. Whatever it is, be it console wars, calling people "fanboys", etc. Let's pause for a moment, and realize that in the end, none of it matters. Enjoy life, enjoy people, support this fantastic community, and enjoy games as Ryan did, what ever the medium.

He will be truly missed, so let's honour his name!

#6446 Posted by Acornactivist (103 posts) -

I first saw Justin's post on polygon and I thought he had decided to move on after getting married. But this, so completely unexpected and tragic. Like many others here, though I never met him, after hearing his voice and seeing his face for years, it really does feel like I've lost someone close to me.

My thoughts And condolences are with his wife, his family, and the Gb team. Gosh this sucks...

#6447 Posted by Acornactivist (103 posts) -

I first saw Justin's post on polygon and I thought he had decided to move on after getting married. But this, so completely unexpected and tragic. Like many others here, though I never met him, after hearing his voice and seeing his face for years, it really does feel like I've lost someone close to me.

My thoughts And condolences are with his wife, his family, and the Gb team. Gosh this sucks...

#6448 Posted by Subbeh (90 posts) -

One day later, and it's still hard to believe.

Yup, there are few things worse than waking up and remembering that someone you was part of your life just isn't there any more.

No matter what's going on in your life it's amazing to get to sit on on a weekly three hour plus conversation with a great bunch of guys

who'd be worth listening to regardless of what they're talking about. Always looked forward to hearing Ryan open every Bombcast.

#6449 Edited by RSNZ64 (9 posts) -

I still half of the episode of the bombcast to listen to where Patrick is leaving, I didnt want to hear the end of that knowing I wouldnt hear from him again for a while.... Now I really dont think I can bring myself to listen to it. I would want it to go on forever, I dont want it to end and think thats it, no more =(

I am so upset, I cant imagine what his friends and family are going through. Im just some guy on the internet, but Ryan and the rest of the guys seem like great mates of mine everytime I listen to them.

Love You Ryan, Love you Guys, My thoughts are with you.

#6450 Posted by Acornactivist (103 posts) -