#1 Posted by MurderSlingshot (70 posts) -

Ryan Davis helped save my life. I found Giant Bomb when I was a Freshman in high school. I, much like many high schoolers, was a depressed teenager. Sure I walked into class everyday, put a big fake smile on and acted like everything was ok but deep down, I just wanted to die. Right when I was at my lowest low, I was actually contemplating suicide, I found the Giant Bomb and it changed my life forever. The Bombcast, the quicklooks, the endurance run, everything on the site was so uplifting and funny that it was the first things that actually made me laugh. I was finally able to smile again. And none of that would've happened without Ryan Davis saying, "Hey, let's make a website". I know this wasn't the best written or emotional pieces about this tragedy but I just wanted my voice to be heard. Thank you Ryan Davis, without you I might not be here writing this today.

#2 Posted by DantronLesotho (46 posts) -

Well said; I got through many a down day from his super laugh.

#3 Posted by Poppy_Persona (150 posts) -

Thanks for that, Giant bomb has been one of the most dependable things in my life and has certainly cheered me up when I've been down.

#4 Posted by Jaytow (693 posts) -

He made me laugh many a time.

Giantbomb will never be the same, he can never be replaced.

#5 Posted by Sackmanjones (4652 posts) -

I was on the verge of death myself due to a botched surgery and infection. Somehow stumbled upon Giant Bomb (wanna say this is around 09) for the first time and watched all the quick looks I could. Him along with the rest of the crew brightened my days when things were lookin bad for me.

#6 Posted by DrRandle (1202 posts) -

I was suffering a terrible depression back in 08, 09. Him and the rest of the crew helped give me something to look forward too every week with the bombcast. It was quite literally the best part of every week. I just can't believe this.

#7 Edited by Dallas_Raines (2139 posts) -

Indeed, Giant Bomb has always been a constant source of joy even through my worst bouts of depression.

#8 Posted by Bunnyman (212 posts) -

Thanks for sharing. I too have"used" GB content to get me through bad times.

Oh man. I hope the other guys find a way to go on. Not for our sake of course. For their own.

#9 Edited by PacManFevaa (122 posts) -

I don't post on these boards much, but I still always feel connected to everyone here as part of the community. I've been watching the QLs and and ERs and listening to the podcasts for years. I recently moved from New York and everyone I've ever known to Nashville where I knew only my roommate. Giant Bomb gave me friends when I had none. If I ever felt lonely or depressed about my situation, I would put on a Bombcast or watch TNT. All the Giant Bomb guys feel like friends and I care about all of them even though I've never met any of them. I've been crying pretty steadily all day and I have no better way to end this post. I miss him so much already.

#10 Posted by Ted_Mosby (74 posts) -

I spent the first semester of my Freshman year of college absolutely miserable. I missed my friends, my family, my home, my bed. The Giant Bombcast was one of the only things that made me feel at ease. I would stay up ridiculously late on Tuesday nights just so I could listen to it while falling asleep because doing anything else felt wrong.

So yeah, I know how you feel.