Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Hopefully I'll get mine, I live in Norway so having a shirt that says "fuck" on it wouldn't be that big of a deal.

It isn't that big of a deal in America, either. I could see having a censored version of the shirt, too, though. I guess a lot of people would wear them to work or school, which would be situations where such a shirt would usually not fly.

Frankly, I don't know why they can't try to get the Olly Moss artwork of Ryan that he recently finished and put it on a shirt with a tribute to him. His name and 1979-2013 on it... maybe a quote, too or something.

divergence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

pretty funny.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#154 fisk0  Moderator

@akyho said:

Folks are really making a big deal out of the swearing part forgetting the cause slightly.

Also I already wear a t shirt that was a nice gift which reads. "Do I look like a FUCKING people person?!" yeah I am not going to wear that outside of the right company. It was a gift and its funny because I am the most people kind of person there is.

As well as Ryan loved the t shirt on the first run. He loved hearing about people being daring in wearing it or more so...people being really fucking bummed they COULDN'T wear it.

Bunch of his friends and fans going "Oh fuck! I need to buy this just to annoy him.......wait...FUCK! I bought 3 and I can't wear any!"

I think it hits just right, I even tear up at the T shir

He loved it. So just buy it if you can, since the important part is helping Anna which I would love to do more for her however I would never want to overstep my mark...as some duder that just watched her husband.

Stop thinking about yourselves to be honest.

Also as already stated a none swear word version is being drawn up. I am however getting this one since I know he would enjoy it far more.

I think it's just a waste to buy something you'll (read: the people who won't wear it) never use. This means a lot of the donation money is getting wasted on production, shipping and taxes, when a straight up donation option would cut off the expenses for the staff, but with the same end result for the donor (donating Anna money, but not getting to wear that shirt).

Aarny91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 14

@branthog said:

Frankly, I don't know why they can't try to get the Olly Moss artwork of Ryan that he recently finished and put it on a shirt with a tribute to him. His name and 1979-2013 on it... maybe a quote, too or something.

Oh god that'd be great.

Sharpless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aarny91 said:

@branthog said:

Oh god that'd be great.

I don't think they could put a Pokemon on one of their shirts.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By Akyho

@sharpless said:

@aarny91 said:

@branthog said:

Oh god that'd be great.

I don't think they could put a Pokemon on one of their shirts.

They can't. Unless they negotiate and pay and license to Nintendo. Which will take months and thousands of dollars. Negating the point of the shirt. I keep telling people but people are just really set on that shirt.

@fisk0 said:

I think it's just a waste to buy something you'll (read: the people who won't wear it) never use. This means a lot of the donation money is getting wasted on production, shipping and taxes, when a straight up donation option would cut off the expenses for the staff, but with the same end result for the donor (donating Anna money, but not getting to wear that shirt).

I completely agree.

However the GB crew are smart people, if they could do a straight donation I am sure we would have that option. If they want to advertise on the site or such I think it needs to be a direct Giantbomb link.

Hell maybe the logistical issues thats halted the shirt IS something to do with the proceeds going to Anna.

Its complicated in law and in tactfulness. How do you go about asking to help a Anna? Is a straight donation too personal?

The GB chose as is and it was the best option we are presented right now, which seems to have not worked out for now.

Hopefully it can be resolved. I even told Rorie I and some other people are open to having our orders slide on the shirt and just give it to Anna if the option every comes up.

mostman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The way I view it, I donated to the funeral funds and I'm getting a thank you gift in return. I could not care less what the shirt says. Yes an Olly Moss shirt would be epic, but I understand the problems surrounding it.

@rorie Given this, I'm also in the camp of letting the shirt slide and having you keep my money. I actually ordered 2 donation shirts and 1 standard one to offset the shipping cost. Ship me the standard one and keep the money, if it comes down to that.

MikeJFlick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'll be straight: I don't like it.

Don't click on the text below if are in love with this design this is meant in no offense to anyone and I'm not trying to say my design is better.

While I'm sure it's in the spirit of GB and Ryan, nobody will understand it and the people who do are few and far between, I rather have a simple shirt with small scaling text from big to small.

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

fuck

Ryan Davis

1979-2013

Not giant pink lettering that has no meaning to anyone but us duders and Ryan's loved ones.

Poppy_Persona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The fact that other people won't get the joke is a good thing, it's not for them its for us!

MikeJFlick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The fact that other people won't get the joke is a good thing, it's not for them its for us!

I rather share Ryan with the world, he has too much charm to keep bottled.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had no idea the Olly Moss thing had a pokemon on it. However, I'm sure it would be easy enough to change to something that "vaguely resembles a pokemon, but is legally distinct from it".

Poppy_Persona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikejflick: of course don't keep it bottled i just mean don't get too bothered about what other non GB people think, and its fun to have in-jokes in a community like this :)

studioerebus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd buy one, but I guess I can't? Maybe I'll come back a bit later and see if the link works for me.

kadayi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@fisk0 said:

Exactly. If you're buying a tribute shirt then the whole point of it is to be able to wear it. Buying something that just isn't going to fly in a lot of situations for a lot of people seems counter productive.

Poppy_Persona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm thinking they might not be allowed to do a straight up donate thing on the site because of legal stuff... i dunno maybe CBS won't let them because of some tax shit or something I'm just totally guessing here.

I just really wish i could help out Anna with her and Ryan having just paid for a wedding and now a funeral emotional stress aside the financial stress of losing a spouse at this point in time would be a very difficult thing to deal with indeed and i think we all wish to take that burden away from her.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

I'm thinking they might not be allowed to do a straight up donate thing on the site because of legal stuff... i dunno maybe CBS won't let them because of some tax shit or something I'm just totally guessing here.

I just really wish i could help out Anna with her and Ryan having just paid for a wedding and now a funeral emotional stress aside the financial stress of losing a spouse at this point in time would be a very difficult thing to deal with indeed and i think we all wish to take that burden away from her.

Maybe they could do a special Premium Membership sale then? Pay a little extra for a month or year or whatever of Premium membership, and let the proceeds go to Anna.

Poppy_Persona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fisk0: That sounds a little complicated especially for people like us who pay yearly, as we wanna get the funds to her asap, but I'm sure they'll think of something for the community to do.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 fisk0  Moderator

@fisk0: That sounds a little complicated especially for people like us who pay yearly, as we wanna get the funds to her asap, but I'm sure they'll think of something for the community to do.

They already allow yearly subscribers to buy another year during sales, their system handles stacking of subscription times, so if you are already paying for a year and then buy a year on sale, it won't bill you until after two years.

umdesch4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While waiting to get the shirt thing sorted out, I made this:

No Caption Provided

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'd buy one, but I guess I can't? Maybe I'll come back a bit later and see if the link works for me.

Pretty sure Jeff tweeted something about them having to take the shirt down temporarily because of some logistical issues. It's being worked on.

LucidDreams117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn. Link isn't working... hopefully that gets remedied soon. I'm buying one no matter what. Even if I can't wear it public. It'll always be a tribute to his memory.

TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Damn. Link isn't working... hopefully that gets remedied soon. I'm buying one no matter what. Even if I can't wear it public. It'll always be a tribute to his memory.

the shirt was pulled, so that link will most likely stay broken even if a new shirt was added. I would just check the store once a day, or Jeff will most likely tweet about it.

Poppy_Persona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fisk0: ok cool i didn't know that, maybe that could work :)

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@umdesch4 said:

While waiting to get the shirt thing sorted out, I made this:

No Caption Provided

Are you only allowed to wear it on Tuesdays, though? Or does wearing it on a non-Tuesday make it even better? I know I never listen to the Bombcast on Tuesdays, so maybe that's more appropriate.

I over-thought it.

umdesch4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spoonman671: Nope, you thought about it as much as I did probably. After today, I won't be wearing it on a Tuesday again. It's funnier that way, IMHO.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

Goddammit, did they already take it down? I'VE BEEN OUT OF TOWN CAMPING! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

kinapuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jakob187: Yeah, seems that way. Glad I got my order in.

I'm sure you can expect to see more Ryan-esque shirts in the future though, so stay tuned duder.

firecracker22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm. I ordered mine yesterday, so here's hoping it gets fulfilled.

Or that they do a 'China Don't Care' re-release.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

It holds a deep reverence for us, but I would love anything else that doesn't have a Giant "FUCK" on it.

tonyp2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jakob187 said:

Goddammit, did they already take it down? I'VE BEEN OUT OF TOWN CAMPING! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

They said they had to take it down for some logistic issue, and that current orders might be refunded, I imagine that the shirt will come back and even if it doesnt there will definitely be atleast another Ryan Davis t-shirts available sometime in the near future.

Dunkelheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watching the thread. This is my first time hearing about a shirt. If it all (minus expenses) goes to his wife, I WILL BUY ONE IN EACH SIZE.

Miss you Ryan. We never met, and we had a lot in common, except for I have no personality and you had an amazing one.

TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I donno about the rest of you guys but I had bought the shirt the first day it had been available, and I got an email saying the order was canceled and to be refunded. Sooo, lets see what happens now.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@techhits said:

I donno about the rest of you guys but I had bought the shirt the first day it had been available, and I got an email saying the order was canceled and to be refunded. Sooo, lets see what happens now.

They've refunded every order for reasons unclear. Doesn't look like it's going to happen.

yeahimjordan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe CBS had a hand in it. I don't think they want a product out there associated with them with the word fuck.

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@razorlution: That's bullshit. The first run of those shirts were during the BLLSL when they first moved into the CBSi offices.

kylekrane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#187  Edited By kylekrane

I'm fine with not getting to buy the shirt, I would just like to give some money to offset expenses for the Davis family and Anna. I hate feeling powerless and this kinda made me feel like I was helping.

TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe CBS had a hand in it. I don't think they want a product out there associated with them with the word fuck.

CBS has very little/no influence on what GB does.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

@techhits said:

@razorlution said:

CBS has very little/no influence on what GB does.

And Rorie has stated that CBS had absolutely nothing to do with the shirts being cancelled and refunded on that forum post from a few days ago

OrfBC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By OrfBC

Just wanted to put out there that I'm still ready and eager to buy or donate or whatever if it would be helpful, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@umdesch4: That's actually way better anyway, in my opinion. You can wear it anywhere, and if you don't feel like explaining its real meaning you can just say you fucking love Tuesday.

OrfBC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@umdesch4: That's actually way better anyway, in my opinion. You can wear it anywhere, and if you don't feel like explaining its real meaning you can just say you fucking love Tuesday.

Agreed, great shirt.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@orfbc said:

Just wanted to put out there that I'm still ready and eager to buy or donate or whatever if it would be helpful, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Yeh. I wonder whats happening with this.

emoney244

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rowr said:

@orfbc said:

Yeh. I wonder whats happening with this.

This.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#195  Edited By fattony12000

I think it got straight up cancelled a couple of weeks back? There must be a reason I've been designing my own version recently, and added a bookmark to my browser saying as much.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By Akyho

@fattony12000 said:

I think it got straight up cancelled a couple of weeks back? There must be a reason I've been designing my own version recently, and added a bookmark to my browser saying as much.

The official line was the Fuck, Ryan Davis shirt memorial shirt was cancelled and refunds would be given out due to "Logistical" reasons.

What this means is as fact, there was something that 100% stopped the shirt from print. Could be any reason after that, we don't know. The GB guys are open with us on what looks like 90% of stuff and for this to fall into that small percent it must be a good reason to not say, be it for any stupid backlash on innocent people/companies or personal to someone or all involved.

There also has not been any talk on alternate means to donate or such, as time goes by it starts feeling weirder and creepier to push for it. Now I am more sober than I was in past due to the mix of emotions and grief.

However feel free to make your own memorial T-shirt, as long as you aren't selling it to folks it's all fine, unlike some early decisions folks made to try and donate/memorial Ryan's passing.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akyho said:

@fattony12000 said:

The official line was the Fuck, Ryan Davis shirt memorial shirt was cancelled and refunds would be given out due to "Logistical" reasons.

What this means is as fact, there was something that 100% stopped the shirt from print. Could be any reason after that, we don't know. The GB guys are open with us on what looks like 90% of stuff and for this to fall into that small percent it must be a good reason to not say, be it for any stupid backlash on innocent people/companies or personal to someone or all involved.

There also has not been any talk on alternate means to donate or such, as time goes by it starts feeling weirder and creepier to push for it. Now I am more sober than I was in past due to the mix of emotions and grief.

However feel free to make your own memorial T-shirt, as long as you aren't selling it to folks it's all fine, unlike some early decisions folks made to try and donate/memorial Ryan's passing.

Yeh i dunno, maybe someone wasn't cool with it. It's too bad, i would of liked a way to pass some money on to help those he left.

It would also be nice to have something physical to have to remember him by, especially since my relationship to him doesn't hold any physicality at all - if that makes any sense. Some object that can physically hold the memory. I don't know i guess the whole thing is sort of weird.