Ryan Davis, You will be truly missed.

spaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By spaded

I am sure many of you on here, are in a simular boat to I am. I have followed the entire crew for many years now. The gamespot crew, who became the giantbomb crew and the entire group of people i have been introduced to because of this, has filled me with some of my most precious memoires. I found the news pretty hard to hear. and I needed to write somrething to get some feelings off chest.

I will miss ryan, from years of listen, watching and reading ryan, he brought me laughter, joy, immersion and knowledge.

I cannot express my sympathies to all those close to ryan.

Rest in peace Ryan Davis.

David Robinson

Branwulf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Listening to Ryan and the crew as been part of my life for years now, before I even starting visiting the site and watching the videos, I will miss him sorely. I didn't think I could ever be upset about the death of a person i've never met but today showed me otherwise, Giantbomb has been with me through good times and bad.

I can only hope that the crew make it through the tough times ahead and keep the site going.

RIP Ryan.

Gowans007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Gowans007

Massivly missed,

I'm down to donate to a memorial or gesture in his memory if the community is looking to organise this later.

Residentrevil2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

RIP Ryan.

Did any of the GB guys get to go to the funeral?

So, so, sad... I hope I wake up tomorrow and find out that none of this ever happened. I'll hear him on the podcast. I wish...I so want that to happen.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By morningstar

Saw this news while listening to him host the E3 2011 pod casts. Im crying now =(

hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

Massivly missed,

I'm down to donate to a memorial or gesture in his memory if the community is looking to organise this later.

So fucking this.

Really hoping there's something we can do to help his wife. Can't even imagine what she's going through.

I would normally complain about a lack of video content from Giant Bomb during any given week, but frankly I don't know if I can deal with any this week. This is going to be a hard, hard transition period. I'm going to need to stock up on tissues.

AzlamOrlandu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So incredibly tragic...

I'm listening to his final Bombcast in his honor. Tuesdays will never be the same.

R.I.P Ryan.

ExcessDebris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By ExcessDebris

This is gut-wrenching to hear. I didn't know Ryan personally, but like many on this site, listening to him week after week made me feel like I did. He was irreplaceable, and my thoughts are with his friends and family.

He will be sorely missed.

iTweety

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even though I just joined GB, this is still extremely sad. Seemed like such a nice guy and showed such passion.

RIP

sk0ney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i really hope we donate..

rbal5491

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We will all miss you Ryan, Listening to the Bombcrew following Ryan and everyone at Giantbomb for so many years helped me get through some real hard times Ive had in the past and I want to thank Ryan for everything he has done with his work on the podcast and the site. My heart goes out to his friends and family.

I also would support some sort of fund as a memorial to Ryan.

Rest In Peace Duder

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Belegorm

Really going to miss him :(

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im still in shock, one of the biggest influences of my life for the last 10 years is no more..........

dr_mantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I can't... even handle it right now... It's just not comprehensible... I guess I'm still at denial...

MikeLemmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#15  Edited By MikeLemmer

@branwulf said:

I can only hope that the crew make it through the tough times ahead and keep the site going.

RIP Ryan.

Of course they will. Nothing stops the GiantBomb.

gatehouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ryan and this amazing, dumb website have been a massive part of my life for the last few years. I'm going to massively miss that glorious man.

Adrian79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly don't know what to say, tho I never met the man I truly feel like I lost a friend today. I feel numb and nauseous and just want to cry. R.I.P duder, you will be missed so much more than I could ever say.

Natewcheng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jeff, Ryan, Brad and Greg Kasavin were the best parts of watching Gamespot reviews growing up. My heart goes out to the entire GiantBomb crew and the rest of Ryan's family. In memory of a truly awesome duder.

nilsth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even tough I live half way around the world and never met Ryan, he was such a big part of my life through this site and the bombcast. I can't imagine what his close friends and family must be going through now.

The next couple of days will show what a great impact he had on lives all around the world, and it saddens me that he was not able to see that for himself.

Thank you, Ryan.

Unilad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I simply cannot believe this. I simply cannot believe this. May you rest in peace, may your family find peace.

God bless.

Iodine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When I was 15, I had..... Lets just say I was not really having a good time with life. I listened to a bombcast and wrote in thanking them all for making something that helped my life be less shitty for two hours a week. Ryan wrote me back with a 689 word email sharing stuff of his and telling me it gets better. I have kept that email, and I still read it 4-5 times a year, just because some video game guy put effort to write some random stranger a long ass email about life and shared a lot about himself. It's dumb, but I've always been grateful for what he did, and I can't believe this

dr_mantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm far too disorganized for these things, but some charity should be set up in his name. I just feel like I should do SOMETHING, but I know I can't.

Jesus what a tragedy. Miss him so damn much.

icicle7x3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By icicle7x3
Loading Video...

You were the best Ryan.

Giant Bomb wont be the same without your quick wit and charm. You could always make any awkward situation immediately funny and turn a boring conversation into an interesting one.

You will be missed.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I cant explain in words what ryan and the rest of Giant bomb have done for me. Theyve helped me get through the last couple of years of my life, which have been especially tough. They've kept me up when I was down. Honestly, they've kept me going. I will forever cherish what he has given me.

Without you walking this earth, my heart will forever ache. We all love you Ryan, and will miss you

gomezar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By gomezar7

Godammit not Ryan.

Just checkin' in for the week's line up...I feel blindsided.

Cybexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been listening to the guys since the Hotspot and watching them since On the Spot. If I stop and think about it I've spent a ridiculous amount of time following these guys over the last decade and I don't regret a minute of it.

As a Game Developer (of which I barely qualify as) I hoped to make a game that would one day be good (or bad enough) to be featured in a GiantBomb Quicklook. The fact there is now no chance Ryan Davis will ever be able to judge it bums me out immensely.

Stay strong GiantBomb!

High_Nunez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By High_Nunez

I don't even know what to type. I've been listening to this man entertain me for years. Life gets shitty from time to time, and knowing those dudes, and him in particular, could get me out of the daily routine, and just put a smile on my face for a few hours was a blessing. He was one of the good ones, and he will be missed. I'll pour one out for you. Such a fucking loss.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#28  Edited By zaccheus

I literally can't bring myself to believe this, I'm just waiting it to hit me like a ton of bricks any moment now. I can't imagine the next Bombcast. I'm going to cry for sure... There is a Ryan Davis sized hole in my chest.

jdeac51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The duder of all duders. My chest aches from hearing about the loss of a guy who I felt like was in my circle of friends...Ryan hosting the Bombcast made my drives MUCH more than drives. They felt like road trips with my friends...I could always tell when he was on vacation or doing some out of town work...nobody in the GB crew can say "ITS TUESDAY!" like Ryan could...just made me all fuzzy inside. He is missed...

USER2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow... I'm genuinely taken a back didn't know the guy but tuned in every week, listened to pod cast for about a year now, this just feels very wrong. RIP Ryan Davis.

Rincewind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#31  Edited By Rincewind

It's not fair, so many fuckers in this planet and one of the good guys has left us.

Rest in peace

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Ravelle

Damn it, I was watching the Deadly Premonition Endurance run, now it will only make me sad.