#1 Edited by Sil3n7 (1177 posts) -

You can now own the car that Ryan Davis drove.

Do some hot brodies in a mall parking lot like the man would have wanted.

Originally tweeted by Ryan's father.

#2 Edited by Nodima (1124 posts) -

Man, ya boy was riding clean.

#3 Posted by themangalist (1728 posts) -

I really don't know what to feel about this. I'd be crying uncontrollably every time I'm driving to the local Walmart in that car.

#4 Edited by RazielCuts (2942 posts) -

This is beyond weird. Were you actually seeking this out? I'm a little creeped out by the -

Ride With The Legend - Owned By @Taswell

Owned and driven by the late great @taswell

But whatever, I don't know, this is all kinds of weird.

#5 Posted by Animasta (14651 posts) -

This is beyond weird. Were you actually seeking this out? I'm a little creeped out by the -

Ride With The Legend - Owned By @Taswell

Owned and driven by the late great @taswell

But whatever, I don't know, this is all kinds of weird.

his dad tweeted it I believe

#6 Posted by ShaggE (6348 posts) -

Is it weird that this makes me kind of uncomfortable? Not in a "People are crazy for wanting his car just because its his" way, I get wanting it, but... I dunno, it just feels weird.

#7 Edited by Turambar (6677 posts) -

Do we know who it is that's putting it up for sale?

#8 Posted by Animasta (14651 posts) -

@turambar said:

father (his twitter handle is mauleace or something)

#9 Posted by devilzrule27 (1239 posts) -

@turambar: Ryan's father tweeted it, so I presume him.

#10 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Uh...

#11 Posted by senrat (319 posts) -

Its below kelley blue book value, so if you want a nice full sized car, go for it.

#12 Posted by mrfluke (5103 posts) -

thats.....a bit weird..........thats its even on ebay......

sweet car though.

#13 Posted by Turambar (6677 posts) -

@animasta said:

@turambar said:

father (his twitter handle is mauleace or something)

Alright, that makes it better.

#14 Edited by mrfluke (5103 posts) -
#15 Edited by RonGalaxy (2913 posts) -

I don't want to be cynical, but is this gonna turn into his dad selling off stuff Ryan owned and saying "own a part of the legend" everytime? I really hope not...

#16 Posted by Dalai (7002 posts) -

Somehow this feels like something Ryan would do himself if he faked his own death.

#17 Posted by csl316 (8181 posts) -

100% seller rating, not bad.

#18 Posted by bibz (35 posts) -

A father selling off his dead sons property and YOU find it weird? Have a little respect christ

#19 Posted by Korwin (2831 posts) -

Ryan's Dad doing right by him in the advertising department, thumbs up for the dumb.

#20 Posted by Jimbo (9776 posts) -

Let's all chip in and then smash it up with baseball bats. It's what Ryan would have wanted.

#21 Posted by Skytylz (4031 posts) -

@jimbo said:

Let's all chip in and then smash it up with baseball bats. It's what Ryan would have wanted.

Someone start a kickstarter.

#22 Edited by Humanity (8871 posts) -

Nothing weird about a dad selling his sons belongings that no one would want in the family because of emotional ties, but putting in a tagline "own part of the legend" is a bit "ehhh" ..

it's his right to do whatever he wants with it though,

#23 Posted by ch3burashka (5017 posts) -

This is not creepy at all.

(The forum thread, not the actual sale).

@jimbo said:

50/50 on peeing on it? (Did they do that, or am I totally misremembering now?)

#24 Edited by Jams (2960 posts) -

That ford Exploder for $750 isn't too bad. I don't know if I would survive the 3 1/2 hour drive home. Without.. you know... exploding. I'd imagine also the ghost of Ryan appearing and jerking the wheel into oncoming traffic.

#25 Posted by wjb (1645 posts) -
@humanity said:

Nothing weird about a dad selling his sons belongings that no one would want in the family because of emotional ties, but putting in a tagline "own part of the legend" is a bit "ehhh" ..

Yeah... That was my immediate reaction too. I'm sure he has the best of intentions, though, and probably doesn't have much perspective of Giant Bomb as a whole besides the outpouring of love after Ryan passed away. Like, whenever the staff talks about their parents, the parents don't seem to watch any of the content or listen to any of the podcast. I'm assuming.

I guess whatever a person has to do to get rid of it.

I'm lazy and didn't want to bother trying to sell it myself, so I sold my POS Saturn to Carmax for a couple thousand dollars. It was more than I thought I was going to get.

#26 Posted by Spoonman671 (4566 posts) -

I'm currently shopping for a car. Unfortunately, I live in New Jersey.

#27 Posted by Animasta (14651 posts) -

@wjb said:
@humanity said:

Yeah... That was my immediate reaction too. I'm sure he has the best of intentions, though, and probably doesn't have much perspective of Giant Bomb as a whole besides the outpouring of love after Ryan passed away. Like, whenever the staff talks about their parents, the parents don't seem to watch any of the content or listen to any of the podcast. I'm assuming.

I guess whatever a person has to do to get rid of it.

I'm lazy and didn't want to bother trying to sell it myself, so I sold my POS Saturn to Carmax for a couple thousand dollars. It was more than I thought I was going to get.

oh I don't know, the local Petaluma paper called them about him, and I'm sure he noticed how much interest he was getting when he was tweeting ryan's early pictures and oh boy I just made myself sad again.

But honestly, Ryan was the 4th most googled thing on that day, I'm sure he's at least partially aware.

#28 Posted by Korwin (2831 posts) -

@skytylz said:

@jimbo said:

Someone start a kickstarter.

Only if we then pee on it then throw the remains onto Jeff's lawn.

#29 Posted by afabs515 (1015 posts) -

This is not creepy at all.

(The forum thread, not the actual sale).

@jimbo said:

50/50 on peeing on it? (Did they do that, or am I totally misremembering now?)

Pretty sure they said they peed on a computer, but i might be misremembering that...

#30 Posted by wjb (1645 posts) -

@animasta: Of course, that's what I meant. I was purely referring to everyone's parents possibly not being die-hard fans of their kid's work. Like, I don't think they were counting down to TNT every week or whatever (maybe?). Whenever Jeff or Patrick or whoever talks about their family, they always describe the family referring to their work as that "Internet thing they do about video games." I'm sure their family is very proud, though, ha.

I'm sure someone will buy it, but like @humanity pointed out, the whole "legend" business is kind of "ehh..." I loved Ryan and miss his presence on the site, but buying a car simply because he owned it is...I dunno...

Sorry, I don't want to come off like I'm offended by this. I'm not. It's just...I dunno...

#31 Posted by TruthTellah (8576 posts) -

#32 Posted by Itwongo (1132 posts) -

Damn, I'd buy that for 750 dollars. I need a car.

#33 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

And now I'm almost crying at work.

#34 Posted by jakob187 (21645 posts) -

Perfect advertising.

If I was in the market for a new car, I would buy them both.

#35 Posted by Zero_ (1973 posts) -

That's a nice car.

#36 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

I prefer my vehicle

#37 Posted by RoyaleWifCheese (546 posts) -

Whoever buys this has to cover it in an ugly-ass decal that says "Baller Time"

I miss Ryan.

#38 Posted by Wolverine (4280 posts) -

This depresses the hell out of me. As much as I loved Ryan I don't need to have his car. The phrasing in the description, "ride with the legend", really bothers me.

#39 Posted by Seedofpower (3925 posts) -

Fuck, that's a nice car or at least many steps above mine.

#40 Posted by bassman2112 (820 posts) -

I feel weird about this...

Would I actually want Ryan's car? No, I respect the man and have mourned his loss more than most; but this feels weird...

#41 Posted by Glottery (1120 posts) -

Don't think I've laughed this much to any Ryan-related, somewhat serious thread, since he passed. Good posts!

#42 Posted by Hunter5024 (5555 posts) -

If I could actually get it for 750 I would totally buy that Explorer.

#43 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1401 posts) -

If I had $22k I'd buy that Nissan but I'm saving for a Dodge Charger. I always thought those cars were nice looking though.

#44 Posted by Feanor (1387 posts) -

I feel like this is fine. Ryans passing must have some sort of financial impact on the Widow Davis. My guess would be that this would go towards that. I feel the way he pitched it was also fine. To us Ryan is a legend, nothing wrong with stating the truth.

Wasn't there suppose to be some sort of charity donation thing that the crew was going to put on?

#45 Edited by deathstriker666 (1337 posts) -

What I don't understand about all this is why anyone would want to buy a '94 Ford Explorer for $1,425.

#46 Edited by Jams (2960 posts) -

What I don't understand about all this is why anyone would want to buy a '94 Ford Explorer for $1,425.

Well it did start at $750 with no reserve. That'd have been as much as I'd have paid for it.

#47 Edited by Maginnovision (485 posts) -

If only he didn't own a maxima and an explorer... Oh well. Hopefully they're able to get rid of them.

#48 Posted by Castiel (2540 posts) -

That's actually a really beautiful car.