Ryse coming to PC this fall with all DLC included

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

I always thought the game looked pretty fun, even if it may have been more of a vehicle to show off Cryengine tech than anything else. Crytek is self-publishing this one and it'll be on Steam, no word on price yet but I suspect it'll be either $39 or $49 to start with. Which is probably more than I'm willing to pay for Ryse, but Crytek games seem to go on sale somewhat regularly anyway.

Since it's coming out in the fall, this makes me wonder if there was a timed one year period of Xbox One exclusivity deal with Microsoft. Either way, can't wait to see what this game looks like at 1080p/60fps+ instead of 900p/30fps like it is on the Xbox One. That's 300% more pixels being pushed every second compared to the console version at only 1080p, so even if they don't update any assets for the higher resolutions and more advanced effects available on PC it should still look quite a bit better. This game looked good at only 900p/30 so it'll be interesting to see what Crytek can squeeze out of PC's.

http://www.crytek.com/news/ryse-son-of-rome-is-coming-to-pc

“We are bringing the Ryse experience to PC, with 4K resolution support,” says Carl Jones, Director of Business Development at Crytek. “4K gaming is another leap in graphics quality for PC gamers and Ryse is the perfect showcase for what’s now possible in high-end PC games. We’ve given our team the opportunity to show what CRYENGINE can really achieve, without compromising quality, thanks to the incredible hardware available now to PC gamers. Ryse will be a benchmark PC graphics showcase this year and probably for a long time in future. Our community asked for a Ryse PC version, and we have the means and technology to deliver this title with the highest quality possible.

The PC version of Ryse will come with bonus material originally released as downloadable content, including: The Colosseum Pack containing two character skins and two Arena maps; the Mars’ Chosen Pack containing one new character skin, four Arena maps, and the new Survival mode; the Duel of Fates Pack containing two character skins, two Arena maps, and one additional Survival map; and the Morituri Pack, with three new Arena maps, two Survival maps, and five solo Arena maps. Finally, PC players will also have instant access to the Ruins multiplayer map and the “Legionnaire’s Trust” sword initially released as part of a special edition of the game.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#2  Edited By Slag

Awesome news for me as a Roman History Buff and someone with zero desire to Buy an Xbox One!

This is one of the very few exclusives that I found remotely tempting for XBone.

So far my choice to go PC this round feels like a good one, although I may break down and get a WiiU eventually.

mrfizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I wouldn't pay much for it but once it hits $10-15 I'll probably grab it. So far I'm not regretting my choice to stick with my PC.

RedRoach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I was just thinking the other day that i wanted to play this game, am excited.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Gamespot gave it a 4/10: "brain-dead combat", "Often laughable script" & "repeat ad nauseam". It's going to be a looker but $50...?

I'd also keep in mind you're effectively supporting a dude (Cevat Yerli) who does not pay his employees and hasn't done so in the last months. I don't usually get working ethics involved in purchase decisions but this is an edge case.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By reisz

Not gonna lie, I've forgotten RYSE existed like. . . three times since I played it.

And I had NO idea there was ever any DLC.