#1 Posted by sometimesavowel (122 posts) -

I mean having never owned a boat I realize that this is a flawed point to make, but when I'm sailing in that game I feel like it's a pretty chill experience. There can be nothing going on around me at all and I'm just kicking back, enjoying the view, blasting some Run-DMC in my system music player (haven't gotten shanties yet). I would play this game just to take my ship out on the weekend.

#2 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

The two happiest days in a boat owner's life are, the day they get it and the day they get rid of it.

#3 Posted by Shadow (4979 posts) -

It's basically the fantasy of what owning a boat would be like before you buy one and discover the nightmare that is owning a boat

#4 Posted by sometimesavowel (122 posts) -

It's more internet social to just ask instead of Googling it: can you cycle through shanties like they're on a playlist? Because that's all I need at this point.

#5 Posted by Gamer_152 (14077 posts) -

@shadow said:

It's basically the fantasy of what owning a boat would be like before you buy one and discover the nightmare that is owning a boat

This seems accurate. I was actually thinking today that one of the reasons "pirates" works as a thematic wrapper for Assassin's Creed so well is that we associate them with empowerment and freedom, and that's the same thing we get from open-world action games. The ship stuff seems like a pretty good encapsulation of this.

#6 Posted by Abendlaender (2803 posts) -

@jz said:

The two happiest days in a boat owner's life are, the day they get it and the day they get rid of it.

I cannot agree more with this.

#7 Posted by Veektarius (4815 posts) -

@sometimesavowel: If you stop and then start them again, you'll get a different one, but you can't pick your track.

#8 Posted by AssInAss (2645 posts) -

Too peaceful, I need to hunt some sea monsters! From Hell's Heart is more my speed. Waves constantly crashing against your boat, directly affecting gameplay, and genuinely intense combat.

#9 Edited by Brendan (7804 posts) -

Yeah, owning a boat's the worst. Its great, but its also the worst.

#10 Posted by BaneFireLord (2933 posts) -

Speaking as someone who lived on a sailboat for a year, ACIV's sailing is as calming as real sailing as hugging a teddy bear is as soothing as cuddling up with a hungry grizzly.