Sailing in AC IV is pretty much like owning a boat

Avatar image for sometimesavowel
sometimesavowel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I mean having never owned a boat I realize that this is a flawed point to make, but when I'm sailing in that game I feel like it's a pretty chill experience. There can be nothing going on around me at all and I'm just kicking back, enjoying the view, blasting some Run-DMC in my system music player (haven't gotten shanties yet). I would play this game just to take my ship out on the weekend.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The two happiest days in a boat owner's life are, the day they get it and the day they get rid of it.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

It's basically the fantasy of what owning a boat would be like before you buy one and discover the nightmare that is owning a boat

Avatar image for sometimesavowel
sometimesavowel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's more internet social to just ask instead of Googling it: can you cycle through shanties like they're on a playlist? Because that's all I need at this point.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#5 gamer_152  Moderator

@shadow said:

It's basically the fantasy of what owning a boat would be like before you buy one and discover the nightmare that is owning a boat

This seems accurate. I was actually thinking today that one of the reasons "pirates" works as a thematic wrapper for Assassin's Creed so well is that we associate them with empowerment and freedom, and that's the same thing we get from open-world action games. The ship stuff seems like a pretty good encapsulation of this.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@jz said:

The two happiest days in a boat owner's life are, the day they get it and the day they get rid of it.

I cannot agree more with this.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

@sometimesavowel: If you stop and then start them again, you'll get a different one, but you can't pick your track.

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Too peaceful, I need to hunt some sea monsters! From Hell's Heart is more my speed. Waves constantly crashing against your boat, directly affecting gameplay, and genuinely intense combat.

Loading Video...

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Brendan

Yeah, owning a boat's the worst. Its great, but its also the worst.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Speaking as someone who lived on a sailboat for a year, ACIV's sailing is as calming as real sailing as hugging a teddy bear is as soothing as cuddling up with a hungry grizzly.