• 76 results
#1 Posted by BombcastGoldthwait (250 posts) -

As a salute to Patrick, and in an attempt to show him how missed he'll be (I know he'll still be a part of the site, but he will be missed on the Bombcast, QLs TNTs and Unprofessional Fridays.), I'm going to change my avatar to Patrick for his last week at the GiantBomb offices. I hope you join me in this completely stupid, useless, but nice gesture.

#2 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -
Stay colon D, Patrick.

#3 Posted by mercutio123 (472 posts) -

Gunna miss him. He really brought some great E3 coverage.

#4 Posted by FelixCulpa (97 posts) -

Goodbye and Salute to you Patrick! I am looking forward to new Spookin' with Scoops already!

#5 Edited by Breadfan (6590 posts) -

#6 Edited by Patman99 (1620 posts) -

Goodbye, Patrick. You will be missed. I enjoyed your unique take on video games and the fact that you were essentially the anti-Brad. Nothing made me happier than watching you troll the fuck out of Brad during co-op quick looks or live shows.

#7 Posted by Brendan (8025 posts) -

Avatars are invisible on the only GB platform I use, the mobile site! I applaud your efforts nonetheless.

#8 Posted by FinalDasa (1986 posts) -

I'm gonna miss his mix of energy and integrity all the while dressing up in a hot dog suit. Not many people can pull that off.

He brought a new and unique feeling to every piece of GB he participated in and that can never be replaced.

Moderator Online
#9 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

I'm gonna miss his mix of energy and integrity all the while dressing up in a hot dog suit. Not many people can pull that off.

He brought a new and unique feeling to every piece of GB he participated in and that can never be replaced.

Well that's a bit far.

At the very least, Patrick has shown up just about every other member of the staff (aside from Drew and Vinny) as he does far more work so it seems. Unlike, ahem, Ryan. Who sits in a chair and says hello for the live streams.

#10 Posted by Excast (1034 posts) -

It's going to be weird not seeing Patrick on Quick Looks or participating in the podcast. His willingness to embrace new things was certainly a breath of fresh air. I hope the team figures out a way to keep including him in more content.

#11 Posted by MAJID (222 posts) -

I was really impressed with how quickly Patrick fitted into the flow of the Bombcast. I will definitely miss his voice there, but: we will always have Spookin' with Scoops. Much thanks Tricky!

#12 Posted by Darson (451 posts) -

All these positive Patrick farewell threads are making me sick. I miss the traditional and irrational hate threads. Oh well, there are always memories....

#13 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

#14 Posted by jimmyfenix (3859 posts) -
#15 Edited by SeanCoughing (271 posts) -

Is today his last day? If so are they really not gonna do some kind of live stream send off? That's super weak guys.

#16 Posted by jimmyfenix (3859 posts) -
#17 Posted by BonOrbitz (2243 posts) -

I'm going to miss his articulation, enthusiasm and spirit for games I wouldn't normally check out. If it wasn't for him, there'd be a bunch of great games out there that I would have no knowledge of. Fuck, I'm gonna miss him on the Bombcast.

...even if he is a Bears fan.

#18 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

Our Rock God!

#19 Edited by Skogen (430 posts) -

Going to miss you Scoops.

#20 Edited by Omelet_Pants (166 posts) -

Sorry, I must have missed the announcement, but what's going on?

#21 Edited by TheThirdRLM (150 posts) -

@omelet_pants:

Patrick is moving back to Chicago and "leaving" the GB Crew proper this Friday.

Still doing Spookin' With Scoops, dump-trucking, writing, etc... just not present at the San Francisco office. Basically like Alex.

#22 Posted by Fattony12000 (7596 posts) -

#23 Posted by Chaser324 (6716 posts) -

#24 Posted by vinone (137 posts) -

It's going to be weird... Where will the news come from?!

#25 Edited by MooseyMcMan (11453 posts) -

I made sure to go with MGS3 because Patrick likes that game.

Edit: As a fellow lover of Jurassic Park, I just want to say, Patrick (if you're reading this), don't let the move to Chicago stop you from doing more Jurassic Lark. Also, suggestion: Bend the definition of what that video feature is to allow for any games with dinosaurs in them.

#26 Posted by SSully (4276 posts) -

I am really going to miss him in the Bombcast, he is always there to bring a unique perspective on what's going on in the industry and just in his taste in games.

#27 Posted by ThePickle (4190 posts) -

Patrick "The Fridge" Klepek

#28 Posted by BD_Mr_Bubbles (1702 posts) -

I'm going to miss his articulation, enthusiasm and spirit for games I wouldn't normally check out. If it wasn't for him, there'd be a bunch of great games out there that I would have no knowledge of. Fuck, I'm gonna miss him on the Bombcast.

As a fan of a team in the same division (Vikings) I can say he affinity for the Bears never bothered me, and I'll definitely miss he contributions to the Bombcast and the live content, but at least we'll still have Spookin', Worth Reading and what ever else he decides to do, good luck @patrickklepek

#29 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3908 posts) -

Can't really think or a good way to sum up how I feel about Patrick leaving... I'll have to do it through song.

#30 Posted by chocolaterhinovampire (1297 posts) -

Enjoy the move back to Chicago Patrick! You will be missed.

#31 Posted by Hunter5024 (5905 posts) -

He's not dying guys. I expect we will continue to see a lot of content from him.

#32 Edited by crusader8463 (14427 posts) -

I'm really surprised they didn't do some send off live stream or podcast.

#33 Edited by Milkman (17199 posts) -

He's not gone yet. He's still here for this week.

#34 Edited by planetary (355 posts) -

@sooty said:

At the very least, Patrick has shown up just about every other member of the staff (aside from Drew and Vinny) as he does far more work so it seems. Unlike, ahem, Ryan. Who sits in a chair and says hello for the live streams.

And here we have someone who has no idea how work gets done in the real world...

#35 Posted by crusader8463 (14427 posts) -
@milkman said:

@crusader8463 said:

He's not gone yet. He's still here for this week.

I see. I was under the impression that he was leaving as soon as he got back from E3.

#36 Posted by Gnubberen (780 posts) -

#38 Posted by TrafalgarLaw (1209 posts) -

Don't get melodramatic you guys. He just has moved on to a better place.

#39 Posted by Quarters (1814 posts) -

Peace up, A-Town down, Patrick.

#40 Posted by deathstriker666 (1337 posts) -

#41 Edited by Sticky_Pennies (2019 posts) -

It sucks to see him go, but he'll still be a presence on the site! Which is cool! Think positive thoughts! :D:D:D:D

#42 Posted by Sticky_Pennies (2019 posts) -

Also, here's my salute!

#43 Edited by Rabbykayn (227 posts) -

When he first came on board I really hated having a new voice on the podcast. When you get comfortable with something change really sucks. In fact my account even got frozen at one point for saying I didn't like his voice. But by the end of his run I really grew to enjoy his perspective on things. I will now hate NOT having his voice on podcasts and quicklooks. I'm a fan Patrick. See ya buddy.

#44 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6999 posts) -

Patrick has been a big influence on me and refreshed my feelings on game journalism. I expect more great stuff from him regardless of location.

#45 Edited by HerbieBug (4212 posts) -
#46 Posted by BonOrbitz (2243 posts) -

@bonorbitz said:

As a fan of a team in the same division (Vikings) I can say he affinity for the Bears never bothered me, and I'll definitely miss he contributions to the Bombcast and the live content, but at least we'll still have Spookin', Worth Reading and what ever else he decides to do, good luck @patrickklepek

I was just joking about being a Bears fan. I'm a Green Bay fan, so I have to rib anyone for being a Bears (or Minnesota) fan, though I'm not one of those sports fans who take team rivalries way too seriously. Hearing that story about his experience at the San Fransisco/Chicago game really pissed me off. Poor guy. At least he'll be back in the motherland now!

#48 Edited by MocBucket62 (1262 posts) -

Goodbye Patrick! While you're still gonna write your Worth Reading articles on the site, your presence will be missed. Enjoy Chicago Scoops!

#49 Posted by JNeam (77 posts) -

Man I'm really gonna miss him. He added a lot of enthusiasm and showed me a lot of great games.

#50 Posted by Monkeyman04 (1192 posts) -

SSSSSSSSSSSCCCCCCCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSSS!!

I'll miss you as a regular duder. you better do more stuff with the Lang Zone or something when you get to Chicago.