Same controller multiple systems

ninnanuam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ninnanuam

My girlfriend wants to get my most of the game/electronics stuff out of the way, we just bought a universal remote and put the other 5 remotes in storage. Now we are on to controllers. She wants me to have as few as possible out, I have 3 consoles plugged, I have a dilemma.

Sooo I want to know if there are any third party controllers out there with the shape of a 360 or one controller that can be used for both a ps4, xbone and possibly 360, It needs to have total functionality so it needs the stupid six axis crap and the touchpad from the DS4. Money isn't a huge issue (I just spent way too much money on a universal remote so if it works I can sell the idea to the gf).

I've tried searching the net but I haven't found anything, I came across the Cronusmax which seems to make everything work with everything else but that won't work because the 360 and one pads don't have all the functionality of the DS4. I could possibly use the DS4 With the cronusmax. But I honestly dislike the ds4 triggers and sticks to the point I'm buying games that are known to be better on PS4 on xbone due exclusively due to the controller. This goes double for FPS.

The perfect controller would be a 360 shape and triggers, with six axis and a small touchpad...and changeable batteries. I'd pay up to 400 (same price as my remote) for a quality controller with all that.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike

@ninnanuam said:

My girlfriend wants to get my most of the game/electronics stuff out of the way...

Have you ever heard that story about how if you put a frog in a pot of cold water then slowly heat it up, it'll stay in there until the water is boiling and it's dead?

It begins.

Seriously though, since it's in the platform holders' interests to disallow peripheral interoperability, I don't think what you are looking for exists. Or ever will exist. Why not just invest in a nice piece of furniture with a hidden cabinet or something where you can store your controllers when they're not in use? The compromise will be that yes, you have multiple controllers (oh no!) but they're all hidden when not in use, and never more than one out at a time. If that isn't good enough for her, then uh oh.

How about this classy 3.5" disk coffee table with a fully functional sliding protector?

No Caption Provided

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

@mb: Or just stick around long enough for the one console future.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andrewb said:

You mean PC?

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't have more than one console out at a time? Controllers don't take up that much space, especially wireless ones. Unless she's gonna break up with you over having more than one controller out, I'd say explain to her it isn't possible when you have multiple consoles.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mike

Unless she's gonna break up with you over having more than one controller out, I'd say explain to her it isn't possible when you have multiple consoles.

Step 1: Suggest consolidation of all controllers so there is only one that operates all consoles.

Step 2: Since this is not possible, eliminate all consoles except for one.

Step 3, six months later: Eliminate final console.

I'm kidding. Sort of.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RonGalaxy

Well I'll be, I guess this thing kind of does what you want, but it says it has limited ps4 functionality. Honestly, why have a ps4 if you don't want to use the controller? I guess you could always wait for a third party controller for the ps4 to come out, but I doubt it will be better. I actually like the ps4 controller, prefer it to the 360 controller.

So your options are bite the bullet and use the ps4 controller exclusively (you can use it on xbox one/360 with that peripheral and a Bluetooth adapter, but you can't use their controllers with the ps4), find a third party ps4 controller you like and see if it works with the cronusMAX, or just use multiple controllers/

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb67033e3422
deactivated-5bb67033e3422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Keep the offending controllers in a draw.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

@mb said:

@andrewb said:

You mean PC?

Precisely.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

lmao how are you able to afford a girlfriend, both the new consoles, and all these remotes and controllers, but can't just build a PC?

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

oh man. Oh man oh man.

Enjoy the games while you still can, mate. This is the first of many warning signs ahead.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

lmao how are you able to afford a girlfriend, both the new consoles, and all these remotes and controllers, but can't just build a PC?

Where exactly did he say he doesn't have a PC. The issue at hand has absolutely nothing to do with PC whatsoever.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By Justin258

Isn't there a place nearby where they'll be out of sight until you need them?

Unfortunately, if you've got three current consoles plugged up, then you'll need three controllers. They don't need to be with the console when they aren't on, so I don't see why putting them away when you're not using them could be an issue. You said that money isn't an issue, so I'm betting that you probably have some extra storage space, or a way to get extra storage space (that is still located in your place of residence) easily.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What you want doesn't exist if your girlfriend is pissed that two controllers are out at once she is dumb. Just get an automan to put stuff in when your not using it.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Example1013

Oh also some people have had problems with Cronusmaxes causing input delay and controller disconnects. Might not be a big deal for you, but they've been off and on banned at certain fighting game tournaments.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Isn't there a place nearby where they'll be out of sight until you need them?

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#17  Edited By LordAndrew

Put your shit away when not in use.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Put them in a drawer. Don't waste money on a knock-off controller. Just take them out one at a time when you need them.

ninnanuam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ninnanuam

@ll_exile_ll said:

@example1013 said:

Where exactly did he say he doesn't have a PC. The issue at hand has absolutely nothing to do with PC whatsoever.

Urr yea of course I have a PC, not top of the line (760 i5) but its works for most current games. It lives in the study....not in the living room, If I'm having issues with controllers being on my side table my GF would be thrilled for my tower to be out on display? But that's besides the point, my PC is in the study where it can be played with KB/M.

Yea I guess it was too much to hope for, I might give the Cronusmax a shot but I'm not expecting much.

She will just have deal with the controllers, I think honestly think this has come up because of the new remote we just got. It wasn't a problem before (been living together for a few years now) but as soon as she saw all those separate remotes get put into storage it was like some crazy light came into her eyes.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It doesn't exist. Have you ever used a third party controller that was as good or better than the one the system came with? I know I haven't and I have a crate full of once to twice used controllers to prove it.