Same thing every year / Slash the scoure

PlipO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PlipO

I look forward to the annual release of PES and FIFA each year.   Without fail each year, I find many things to gripe about concerning both games.
Both series have been familiar to us for many years and I expect they will both be still going for many decades to come.
Recently I have been re-evaluating  how I judge these games.  This is because early each both series make only incremental changes.
I understand that both EA and Konami  want to build on their previous successes but with each passing year - I am less impressed with the offerings from both companies.

I believe that both series as well as all other sports games that are released annually - do not deserve to be judged by the same standards as original games or games such as GTA.
The basis of all Grand Theft Auto games are the same - you start out by committing small crimes and gradually go on to bigger crimes.   With each GTA release, we get games that vastly differ from their predecessor.  Each GTA game can stand out from the next and deserve to be judged without reference to any other in the series.
However with FIFA and PES -  I feel that I play largely the same game year after year and experience recurring flaws with both games each year.

This is why I believe that both series as well as other sports series - should be marked down when they are reviewed by games journalists.   The two football series have been going for more than fifteen years considering the different titles they have been released under.
We all know, games that score high with professional games journalists - sell more.  Therefore original games are at a distinct disadvantage if they are released at the see time as these two staple of the games industry.

Journalists should deduct 25% of the final scores from each game unless ground breaking improvements are made that allow for better game play and entertainment experience.
I know this has much chance of happening as USA government saying - we have no clue what we are doing in Afghanistan and the war in Iraq was completely illegal.

I live in hope, maybe one day games developers will stop fleecing their customers after realising they have stumbled upon a game idea that millions want to enjoy even if we are offered sub standard products each year.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Baillie

Well PES 08 was awesome and Fifa 09 was awesome. I would have marked them very, very high. Thanks for the pointless post.

FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By FCKSNAP
@Baillie said:
" Thanks for the pointless post. "