Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By AlecOfTheWest

Two GOTYs.

GTA V

Story felt a little short compared to IV, and the world didn't feel quite as detailed as Liberty City. Also Franklin is a horrible character.

The Last of Us

Like most ND games, the story dragged on a little too long.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Gran Turismo 6. Has faults dating back to the ps1 incarnations of the game. Wish they would evolve some things a bit. Mostly with the controls. X for gas is just an ancient thing.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

It isn't DMC3 or even Bayonetta.

I'll consider it a success that two of us chose Rising in this thread.

Shortbreadtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Last of Us. That fight scene between Ellie and David is some bullshit

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

While the world is expansive, there is a lot of empty space. There was definitely a lot of room for more towns, settlements, quests, and dungeons. Also there were some main and side quests that seemed to just end and go nowhere.

WightnNerdy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

• The character models up-close look kinda bad.
  • The Maiami chirps can get annoying.
  • It ends.
Skamikaze1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - TOO SHORT for me.

Seriously...I finished it in like 3-4 days...I was playing it a fair amount of time, but still... I don't remember other Zelda games going by that quickly. (Game seemed a little too easy, too).

If they made like 2897187572597 more games JUST LIKE THAT I'd play the shit out of em.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Tomb Raider

Early on in the game you had to hurt and survive in the wild. I think it would of been neat if the game overall was a bit more open ended and you had to survive in the wild. I also loved the inner monologues on Lara and wished for more stuff like that.

CooVee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies

The cases can be hard to follow at times with the crazy leaps in logic.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Last of Us

It ended.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#162 fisk0  Moderator

Rise of the Triad

It's somewhat of an ugly, buggy mess. Even the server browser is broken half of the time.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fire Emblem Awakening

It ended.

Let down of the year.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#164  Edited By Seppli

Matchmaking is still as shit as ever, months down the line.

GTA V / GTA Online

Avatar image for deactivated-629fb02f57a5a
deactivated-629fb02f57a5a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

A Link Between Worlds

That fucking bird telling me when I should stop playing! Also, not a fan of the ice rod.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#166  Edited By Vinny_Says

I can do it for like 5 games I liked this year:

• Bioshock: The combat became waaay too easy once you got some of the upgrades (invulnerable sky hook anyone?)
  • Assassin's Creed 4: Too many fucking "tail this guy" missions
  • Mario 3D world: Getting every single stamp is just stupid. Why would anyone replay the game 5 times?
  • Splinter Cell Blacklist: Stop forcing me to kill enemies, it sucked in Pandora Tomorrow and it still sucks now.
  • Rayman Legends: I spent 2 months grinding the 1,000,000 lums achievement and all I got was naked Rayman?
BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Stanley Parable does not have a jump button.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Animal Crossing NewLeaf

Number of villagers is limited to 10.

Villagers move in anywhere they please unless you try to exploit the game to control where they put their plot.

Villagers move out if you go too long without playing it.

Regional DLC is annoying.

It's not on the Wii U. The Animal Crossing Plaza isn't enough and just makes me want an Animal Crossing that looks that good.

C2C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fire Emblem Awakening

The DLC is too expensive for what it really introduces in the game. The game also does not seem to be balanced around the fact that you can grind your characters. The overall plot was also very meh.

UnInvincible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By UnInvincible

Dota 2

Sometimes I become a terrible monster who hates everyone, even my closest friends. Also some smallish bugs have lasted for a surprising amount of time.

Stete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bioshock Infinite

Last battle was on a fucking timer and if you fail to do what you're suppose to do the screen just fades to black and says "game over lol". Other than that thing Bioshock Infinite kept me engaged for the whole time.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The Last of Us

the game can be quite boring, especially in the beginning
after playing thought it on the hardest diff, something appeared to me, the stealth is somewhat fake, i mean you go though a bunch of lvl's where you dont need to kill anyone, and then you hit a few lvl's that even though you could perfectly stealth your way though it you are forced to kill everyone. it just makes no sense.
your allies can block you forcing you to pop out of cover even in very important cases, this did not happen a lot for me especially when it was just ellie and joel, but when you get a few more they keep getting in your way, blocking your stealth kills forcing you to take a molotov to the face.

if you choose a too easy diff the game is pretty bland other then a good story.
your inventory space is bullshit. you can carry 50 weapons but only X shives, since the items are few you end up having enough shives for a while and while still finding items for it but end up missing a few shive doors due to lack off items suddenly
the multiplayer is fun but get fairly boring fast

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Battlefield 4

It's pretty broken.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Eavesdrop and tailing missions.

JesterArbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

The Last of Us

The sneaking stuff became tired after awhile.

MormonWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 21

A Link Between Worlds: That dang save bird tells you to take a break way too often, even when you put the 3DS to sleep and actually do take a break.

Rayman Legends: There's a finite amount of content if you're not counting the daily/weekly challenges. Also, most of the soundtrack is just remixes of the Origins stuff, which is still great.

orange_pork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Super Mario 3D World.

Rosalina ends up being one of the least fun characters to play because once she gets a powerup, she's just the slowest character with no unique ability.

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Last of Us has a slow start after the action packed intro.

It kinda reminded me of Manhunt.. forced stealth with a very limited arsenal. BUT holy crap, does that game get better. I couldn´t stop playing.. oh my god Winter.. Winter is the fucking best. And the giraffes. And that ending.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#180  Edited By KaneRobot

Rocksmith 2014

It's a great supplemental tool, and can make getting into playing guitar a lot more fun - but it's still not going to serve as the one tool that will make you good all by itself like they sort of push it to be. You'll still need proper instruction, be it through a person or at least a video tutorial series.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saints Row 4.

It ends. Also, there's still no custom music station like was in GTA IV's PC version.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Bioshock Infinite: The combat still has a stiffness to it that I cant describe but it's not the best part of the game or the reason to recommend it.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

My game of the year list is too heavily influenced by me being a white, male so I will only further the cause by talking good or bad about it.

Avatar image for royalewifcheese
RoyaleWifCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By RoyaleWifCheese

Gone Home

Some of the items that you find toward the end become too conveniently, bordering on carelessly, placed. That took me out of it a little bit.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Bioshock Infinite. Booker felt too fragile during the fire fights. I feel that way about most first person shooters though, and most of them are even worse about it.

2. Last of Us. The combat in Winter sucks, because it funnels you into a specific gameplay style that was exactly the opposite of the way I wanted to play. Also it takes a couple hours before the combat gets good to start with.

3. Pokemon Y. The main campaign is waaayyyyy too easy, I actively tried to make it hard on myself and still breezed through it. Also there wasn't any significant end game content, and the low number of new Pokemon is a bummer.

4. Fire Emblem Awakening. Big difficulty curve problems. The story wasn't as good as I've seen the series do before.

5. Gone Home. They wouldn't let me read the sex note. What's up with that man? I paid my twenty dollars. ALSO! That game cost 20 dollars. What the fuck?

6. A Link Between Worlds. I don't have any nostalgia for LTTP, so recycling so much stuff from that came across more lazy than awesome to me.

7. Grand Theft Auto 5. Car glitch was a total bummer, Franklin didn't get the props he deserved, that dockworking mission is boring, the game felt like it could've used a couple more heists, and the online is dumb.

8. The Swapper. Puzzle games are haaardddd.

9. Pikmin 3. Should have had a couple more maps, could have shaken up the mechanics a little more often like in the arctic area.

10. Papers, Please. The endings were kind of unsatisfying because they were only a couple pictures and a few lines of text.

NMC2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Tomb Raider

The multiplayer is garbage.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By bybeach

Bio-shock Infinite.

It should not have been so successful, that is asking for trouble every time.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Bioshock Infinite - could've used a stronger middle section, best parts of that game are the beginning and that ending.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

@nmc2008 said:

Tomb Raider

There's multiplayer?!

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

@nmc2008 said:

Tomb Raider

There's multiplayer?!

I wonder if there are people that only play the multiplayer and never even touch the campaign :o

CodeFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Last of Us

The combat could of used some fine tuning. More variety, more enemy types.

amp_1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By amp_1986

The Last of Us: I love the game but there's a few combat scenarios that I really didn't like. Most notably the part where you're in the sewers and you get trapped in the room with Sam.

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Wolf Among Us

They only released one episode so far. The formula is pretty known by now and not much have been added, if anything.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

• It's a bit too easy and so...
  • It's a bit too short

Other than that, it's amazing. I haven't enjoyed an original (non-remake) Zelda game since Wind Waker and I did not like what I saw of this game when they first showed it off. The closer it got to release, the more interesting it looked and then, about a week before release I had sudden, simultaneous urges to play a Zelda game and to buy a 3DS XL finally. So I bought the limited edition XL and I'm so glad I did. In a year with as many exceptional games as this year, it's both weird and awesome that Zelda out-charmed everything else I played.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#195  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

Fire Emblem Awakening

Ehh... the characters you get in the free downloadable paralogues are acquired really late in the game's story, and for good reason. In a lot of cases, though, they have an extremely limited number of possible support conversations. I wanted more drama and freak-outs after I recruited Aversa! Someone in the army has to have had something to say about me marrying the crazy evil sorceress chick.

oysterpolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By oysterpolice

Grand Theft Auto V's online was to ambitious for it's own good.

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By Quipido

@pr1mus: that's interesting - when I started the game for the second time, on Survivor, I specifically didn't upgrade weapon sway at all because it felt more "reallistic" to me. It's hard to aim a weapon, especially when someone/something is trying to kill you.

To actually add to the topic - in The Last Of Us the Shiv doors (and the trophies) discouraged me from ever using a shiv in combat.

In GTAV the heists felt weird to me, because the actual plan was hidden to the player until the actual mission occured. Why do I plan a heist, picking options and stuff for something I don't know how it will go? It should have been a clear plan that then could go wrong. Instead we got a part of a plan, rest revealing itself during mission while changing at the same time.

hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#198  Edited By hollitz

Bioshock Infinite:

The "absolute power corrupts absolutely" Daisy Fitzroy turn was lazy and poorly executed.

Haruko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By Haruko

Saints Row IV

The writing is relatively inconsistent, while the highs are just as high as 3 there just seems to be a few points where its just kind of treading water.

xXHesekielXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sad that "Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon" haven't been in any sort of discussion this year. I had so much fun with that game.