#1 Edited by White (1358 posts) -

I know the Fungineers put in a lot of effort into the wiki search, but I find that it's rather... lacking?

I don't know. Maybe I don't know how to use their form properly. Anyone wanna educate me? I want to do stuff like this...

(concept:medieval && concept:fantasy && releaseDate: <someIntegerThatRepresentsSomeDateRange> && genre:action) || hamburgers

You know. Construct really elaborate and specific boolean expressions to get specific results that I need. Is it already doable in that little form on the wiki front? Cause all I see are little buttons and fields that only allow 1 value.

#2 Posted by Gamer_152 (14080 posts) -

I'm pretty sure the search doesn't support commands like that. Specific release dates, Ands, Ors, unless there's something I really don't know, it doesn't support any of that stuff, just the basic colon searches, like "user: MattyFTM" or "Object: Balls".

#3 Edited by mrpibb (470 posts) -

@white: You can't do expressions in the search field, but if you got a specific wiki type page, the right side search should provide you with better filtering. For example this link is all the medieval themed games released from 1980-1990 of the action genre.

#4 Posted by White (1358 posts) -

@mrpibb said:

@white: You can't do expressions in the search field, but if you got a specific wiki type page, the right side search should provide you with better filtering. For example this click! is all the medieval themed games released from 1980-1990 of the action genre.

But it only allows me to pick 1 genre and 1 concept/theme right? What if I want multiple themes (be it in an AND or OR configuration) or multiple genres or games that contains multiple concepts?

#5 Edited by mrpibb (470 posts) -

Right now that's not a supported feature, maybe sometime in the future.

#6 Posted by White (1358 posts) -

@mrpibb: Aww okay. Thanks anyway.

#7 Posted by mrpibb (470 posts) -

We just have a bunch of stuff that still needs to be hit. It got added to our feature list tho (growing longer and longer by the hour)