Second chance games... The Best.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By Claude

I hated it, but then I played it again. I liked it... I loved it... I was wrong.

Max Payne 2 for me. I loved the first, but the second turned me off, thought it was a bad sequel. I just started to play it again. I was wrong.

lucas_kelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By lucas_kelly

Morrowind, possibly more.

danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By danielkempster

I guess the most recent example for me is Final Fantasy V. First time I played it, I got about ten hours into it and didn't like where the story was going at all. I went back to it last year, forced my way through the first third of the game (which was still as painful as the first time), and found the rest of the game was a hell of the lot better. 

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Pazy

Project Sylpheed: I played the demo and couldent understand what I was seeing or how to control the ship. Recently my friend brought over his copy of the game and it clicked and I loved it.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#5  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Way back in the day, it was Legacy of Kain.  I couldn't stand that game the first time I tried it, but after giving it a second go, I ended up liking it quite a bit.  A more modern example is Space Rangers 2.  I played it once and thought it was terrible, but after a couple of months of a dry spell for games, I returned to it and loved it.
animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By animateria

Monster Hunter (Franchise anyways).

"What is this? I don't even..."

-> 6 Years later

"OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH! I get it!"

Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Coombs

I just ordered SFIV.    I'm really hoping it will fit in this category. 
Hated it when I rented it but I have been playing alot of TEKKEN and well I need another good fighter.

But for now PaRappa the Rapper is easily on the top of my list.

Bombs_Away

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Bombs_Away

Halo...Once you land on Halo at the beginning and are running around trying to find the other soldiers that bored the shit out of me. Then this summer I tried it again, by the end of summer I had finished Halo 1-3. I'm now a fan.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#9  Edited By armaan8014
Oblivion:  Played it, hated it, was confused why people love it so much, played it again, fell in love with it.
Fallout 3: Played it, liked it, got horribly bored, threw it, started again loved it, got bored, started hating it again and left some what in th same place...  But people love it so much that im gonna give it a third try.. Hope I like it now!
MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MrKlorox

Borderlands might be that game for me, or Fallout 3... I just haven't given them second chances though.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By JJOR64

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts for me.  I really didn't hate it a first, just thought it was kinda cool and neat.  Then I picked the game up about a year later and fell in love with it.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By Skald

Grand Theft Auto 4. Got bored, moved on, came back, finished it. Not the greatest experience, but it was a decent enough game.

L33tfella_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By L33tfella_H

Mass Effect - the original 1.0 PC version crashed and bugged out quite a few times for me, and it got so bad that eventually i was just done with it, also i wasn't digging the game that much in all honesty. Then around November i re-installed it, and not only was there a patch to fix the issues, i also fell in love with the universe itself.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By hatking

Fallout 3: Partially because I was stuck, lost in the DC ruins and partially because I messed the story up starting a mission that was way ahead of where I was. 

Oblivion: I just didn't totally understand the leveling system in the game.  I had a character at about level 7 and never really cared to play on.  Then I tried it again figured it out and put far more hours into it than I should ever have.  

I'm sure there are many others, but that is all I can think of for the current gen systems.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Claude
@Bombs_Away said:
" Halo...Once you land on Halo at the beginning and are running around trying to find the other soldiers that bored the shit out of me. Then this summer I tried it again, by the end of summer I had finished Halo 1-3. I'm now a fan. "
I never saw you as a Halo fan. I learn something new everyday... on the internet.
Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

Final Fantasy VII. When I was REALLY YOUNG, I thought it was a rip-off of Pokémon. This is before I knew RPGs were a thing

Then, for some reason, I decided to rent Final Fantasy VIII and I loved it. I then went back to Final Fantasy VII and enjoyed it.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Claude
@TinaWood said:
" Super Mario Sunshine for me, Claude. When I first played I was all like, WTF is this painting and hovering shit?, but after a while it really grew on me and I began to see the games charm. Sunshine's so underrated, I think all Wii owners that have never played it really should... "
Thank god the Wii is backwards compatible with the Gamecube. Games never played, Thousand Year Door... don't hate me, I'll get it. Thanks to the Wii.
Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Ninja Gaiden 2. I got incredibly frustrated by the difficulty and reached a point where I decided I'd had enough. Came back a couple months later, started to get a better grasp of the combat (by which I mean, read a faq and discovered the on-land charge technique which moves the game from 'nigh impossible' to merely 'hard as hell'), and had a much better time.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Claude
@Linkyshinks: 

But what's your second chance game Linky?
Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@L33tfella_H said:
" Mass Effect - the original 1.0 PC version crashed and bugged out quite a few times for me, and it got so bad that eventually i was just done with it, also i wasn't digging the game that much in all honesty. Then around November i re-installed it, and not only was there a patch to fix the issues, i also fell in love with the universe itself. "
I played on 360, but my first playthrough of the original Mass Effect left all sorts of bad tastes in my mouth. Two years later, I played through it again just before the sequel hit, and holy fuck, is that a good game or what?
Ferginator4k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 12

#21  Edited By Ferginator4k

Diablo.

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By luce

Twilight Princess. My first playthrough consisted of my yawning 80% of the time while nitpicking at little things that made this the worst Zelda in the series. 

Second playthrough..I still think it's the worst Zelda in the series but It's a fantastic action adventure game.

insouciant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By insouciant

Counter-Strike.

It was the first time I ever played an FPS on a PC.  It was on a LAN, so I was paying $2 an hour to get my brains blown out every round.  After the first session I was like "Fuck this."  But my friend kept going back, asking me to come, and giving me pointers.  Eventually I went from a noob to a mediocre player and became addicted to it.  I would skip college classes to play it and ended up dropping out. 

My friend was smart though.  He earned money teaching finite math as a graduate student and earned a bachelor's in math and a bachelor's in computer science last I heard.
Bombs_Away

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Bombs_Away
@Claude said:
" @Bombs_Away said:
" Halo...Once you land on Halo at the beginning and are running around trying to find the other soldiers that bored the shit out of me. Then this summer I tried it again, by the end of summer I had finished Halo 1-3. I'm now a fan. "
I never saw you as a Halo fan. I learn something new everyday... on the internet. "
It makes me happy that I've had enough of an impression on you for you to have constructed a view of me. It's probably a horrible view, but a view never the less!
Avatar image for deactivated-58c3985c661d1
deactivated-58c3985c661d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

Halo CE 
Demons Souls

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#26  Edited By gingertastic_10

Borderlands. When I first played it I hated it so damn much. I tried it again, now I love it.

unchained

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#27  Edited By unchained
@L33tfella_H said:
" Mass Effect - the original 1.0 PC version crashed and bugged out quite a few times for me, and it got so bad that eventually i was just done with it, also i wasn't digging the game that much in all honesty. Then around November i re-installed it, and not only was there a patch to fix the issues, i also fell in love with the universe itself. "
This for me. 
Truth is, I enjoy Fantasy over Science Fiction a whole lot more. I played Mass Effect on and off once it was released , and then didn't go back to it until this past November. God damn I'm glad I did. It and it's sequel are now among my top 10 of all time.