• 99 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by Ghostiet (5289 posts) -

Man, I got reminded of the Romancecast. It's sad for her to go, since I seem to be one of the few people who didn't hate it whenever Comic Vine arrived in the live shows. I still think that her reading of that shitty Wonder Woman TV series script is one of the finest moments of live shows on the site. Wish her luck in all future endeavors.

She should contact Alex and they should do a weekly news video where Alex comments on the comic book news and vice versa while they cast each other angry looks.

#52 Posted by coakroach (2492 posts) -

*flashbacks to Screened*

N...n-no

Not again

NOT AGAIN

#53 Posted by Fattony12000 (7518 posts) -

Sorry to see you go Sara! Keep being dope.

x

#54 Posted by OfficeGamer (1087 posts) -

Good luck Babes

#55 Posted by Pop (2644 posts) -

Good luck Sara! have a good trip! I feel sad.

#56 Posted by Vyper (109 posts) -

Byeee Sara, wish you luck!

#57 Posted by BlackLagoon (1457 posts) -

@ghostiet said:

I still think that her reading of that shitty Wonder Woman TV series script is one of the finest moments of live shows on the site.

When was this? Is it archived on the site?

Oh, and good luck to Babs, always fun seeing her pop up here and there in the GB videos.

#58 Posted by Jimbo (9866 posts) -

Sara is one of the loveliest and most down-to-earth super-hotties you could ever hope to talk to (/at). You're doing her a disservice if you're judging her based on how she looked one time in an ILM video.

/whiteknight

Good luck, Sara. Safe travels, etc.

#59 Posted by EuanDewar (5029 posts) -

romancecast, romancecast, romancecast. romancecast

#60 Edited by Ghostiet (5289 posts) -

@blacklagoon said:

@ghostiet said:

I still think that her reading of that shitty Wonder Woman TV series script is one of the finest moments of live shows on the site.

When was this? Is it archived on the site?

Oh, and good luck to Babs, always fun seeing her pop up here and there in the GB videos.

It's the legendary "Creeper Cam" one. The CV bit starts around 25:00.

#61 Posted by alternate (2715 posts) -

Finally an all male office. Time for the pants to come off in summer.

#62 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5036 posts) -

GLHB, Sara!

#63 Posted by chogi (555 posts) -

They should just hire Ana back and make her the official video person for Alex and Sara at New York.

#64 Posted by feargalr (55 posts) -

@sooty said:

That lady who always looked moody in I Love Mondays!

lol

#65 Posted by Scrumdidlyumptious (1641 posts) -

Tony going to be so lonely :(

#66 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

Best of luck. Also Now the guys can really cut loose and not get hit by HR for sexual harassment. Who needs pants anyways.

#67 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4690 posts) -

Although she was as integral to Giant Bomb as those empty cardboard boxes behind Ryan's desk, I wish Sara good luck and that this move does not harm Comic Vine too much.

Honestly she was less important to the site. Those boxes were an amusing topic point. I bet she does great things on comic vine but I don't visit that site. Kinda sucks that the one dude is now in the corner writing about comic by himself.

#69 Posted by csl316 (8954 posts) -

@ghostiet: Oh man, thank you so much for digging up that video. Those were magical times.

"Jeff, this is your parole officer. You're not supposed to be playing these games."

#70 Edited by JZ (2125 posts) -

Look for brad to become very grumpy in the future.

#71 Posted by sopachuco13 (392 posts) -

@jasonr86 said:

@sopachuco13 said:

Will CBSi be opening an office in New York or will she be working freelance like Alex?

I don't think he's freelance he just works from his home in New York. He is still a staff member of Giantbomb and CBSi. I imagine that is what is going to happen with Sara.

I see. I just figured that he was freelance because he doesn't usually produce much content. Seems a little cushy! haha

#72 Posted by Humanity (9583 posts) -

For a couple of weeks in a row now I haven't seen either Sara or the G Man in I Love Mondays videos. Started to think they didn't even work in the same building anymore.

#73 Edited by StrikeALight (1114 posts) -

Best of luck. Also Now the guys can really cut loose and not get hit by HR for sexual harassment. Who needs pants anyways.

No Trousers Tuesdays would make a great new feature.

#74 Posted by probablytuna (3727 posts) -

Best of luck!

#75 Posted by Mandrewgora (193 posts) -
#76 Edited by Sean2206 (264 posts) -

Good Luck to Sara hope she still has a big presence on comic vine.

Although I also hope they hire someone new for the main building or make Matt or Greg full time main members of the site or at least get Corey or James on the podcast more often in case now Sara can only be on the odd time.

#77 Posted by laserbolts (5331 posts) -

@laserbolts said:

@sooty said:

@gamer_152 said:

you need to go back and watch the old Happy Hours.

oh god who would subject themselves to such things

some people like to punish themselves.

People hate the Happy Hour? This one's news to me.

I can't say I hate it but the majority of them were pretty boring. The ones that were good were good for about 10 minutes. Obviously we aren't speaking for everyone though. Good luck Sara in the future.

#78 Posted by Branthog (5583 posts) -

Brad is moving to the east coast with Sara and quitting GiantBomb?!

#79 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -

Best of luck Sara! Hope you get something out of it! Im thinking of moving to New York in a few years because Vancouver's a small city.

#80 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4233 posts) -

I always though Sara was cool, though. I remember when she did that cool The Flash interview.

#81 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

I wish her the best of luck! Hopefully she still is on the podcast every week.

#82 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6399 posts) -

I see subscriber content incoming......

#83 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4233 posts) -

@alternate said:

I see subscriber content incoming......

Big Vinny Style!

#84 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6399 posts) -

@branthog said:

This has sitcom written all over it. Brad, a disgruntled writer, fed up with Giant Bomb, goes to New York looking for new adventures while keeping his source of income. And whaddya know? A fellow employee decides to move to New York and offers him a place to stay for the time being while he sets up his life there and looks for new career opportunities. As the show goes on, the two go on adventures, build a group of friends, have their ups and downs, and eventually realize that they're perfect for each other while simultaneously realizing how good they had it back in San Francisco.

I'll take my checks by mail, and a leading writer credit in the opening scene, CBS.

#85 Edited by Cheesebob (1243 posts) -
#86 Posted by csl316 (8954 posts) -

@branthog said:

This has sitcom written all over it. Brad, a disgruntled writer, fed up with Giant Bomb, goes to New York looking for new adventures while keeping his source of income. And whaddya know? A fellow employee decides to move to New York and offers him a place to stay for the time being while he sets up his life there and looks for new career opportunities. As the show goes on, the two go on adventures, build a group of friends, have their ups and downs, and eventually realize that they're perfect for each other while simultaneously realizing how good they had it back in San Francisco.

I'll take my checks by mail, and a leading writer credit in the opening scene, CBS.

So basically, Babs n' Brads is a direct rip off of Angel.

#87 Posted by zoozilla (980 posts) -
#88 Edited by Pr1mus (3951 posts) -

Good luck and be careful over there on the east coast, Alex is there too.

P.S. I'm pleasantly surprised by the almost complete lack of creepy posts.

#89 Posted by jewunit (1063 posts) -

I have enjoyed Sara's work on Comic Vine. I hope she will continue to make significant contributions to the site despite being on the other side of the country. Tony will hopefully Skype her in for the podcasts.

#90 Posted by csl316 (8954 posts) -

@pr1mus said:

Good luck and be careful over there on the east coast, Alex is there too.

P.S. I'm pleasantly surprised by the almost complete lack of creepy posts.

I was too, until they started posting about No Trouser Tuesdays in an all male office. A thread about a lady will inevitably go creepy, but can't say I expected it to go that way.

#91 Posted by iceman228433 (616 posts) -

I got back into comics because of Sara and Tony, so thank you Sara for the good work and best of luck to you.

#93 Posted by Ghostiet (5289 posts) -

@godlyawesomeguy said:

@branthog said:

a) I am so sad that it took so long for that joke to be told. Thank you, Branthog.

b) This must be done. @CBS, give this man money and do this.

#94 Posted by dudeglove (8013 posts) -

#95 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

Goodbye and good luck, Sara!

#96 Posted by Binman88 (3689 posts) -

They should have done last man standing shots of tequila to send her off.

#97 Posted by GunsAreDrawn (321 posts) -

@sooty: I wouldn't want someone shooting video every Monday morning in my general direction either

#98 Edited by Daveyo520 (6860 posts) -

No clue it has been two months already.

#100 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6399 posts) -