Seeing the Future

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Hi all, I'm back for another weirdly timed blog. At the moment I'm right at the beginning of my half-term and I have my final college exams coming up soon but that doesn't mean I still can't play the occasional game and pass my exam. I just have to limit my play time to about 5 minutes a day and work out how I can read and play at the same time. At any rate I've still played quite a few games between my last blog and yet I've still not replaced my Halo 3 disc yet, really just out of laziness more than anything but I still wanna get back to the game.

One thing I have been trying to get back into thought is single-player RPGs. The problem I've had is that an RPG is really a game that requires some commitment to play properly and I've been jumping from RPG to RPG. I started a new save file on Final Fantasy 3 and got through the first few dungeons and haven't come back to it. I started a new save file on Super Paper Mario and got past the first world and haven't gone back to that one since. I have however spent many more hours than I did on either of those 2 on Pokemon Diamond which I have gone back to and made quite some progress on, now having obtained over 250 Pokemon, a few of them with the very generous help of friends.

Today I also played through the new Fable 2 downloadable adventure, entitled 'See the Future'. My brother was actually the one who downloaded it and to be honest I'm not sure if I would or wouldn't have bought it myself. It's not that the content in it isn't fun but See the Future provides about as much additional content to the game as Knothole Islanddid and it has to be said that that's not a lot of content. Still it had a pretty good story, more of the great Fable environments, some pretty well made dungeons and although I don't want to give away the surprise the special prize you receive at the end of the storyline was also quite cool. See the Futures story also ties back into the original Fable 2 story to an extent and again I'll keep this blog a spoiler-free zone but the ending contains a big, brilliantly played out Fable 2 sequence and pretty much confirms that there will be more Fable in the future but is very enigmatic in its approach. This is not necessarily a bad thing but if you are going to buy this content don't go into it expecting to find anything greatly conclusive to add to your Fable 2 experience. Overall I enjoyed it but if you didn't like Knothole Island it's very unlikely you'll like See the Future.

Finally I'm gonna leave you with this leaked demo reelof the recently cancelled Duke Nukem Forever. You know looking at that video it kinda makes me a bitdisapointed that the development team was fired but just one of those things I guess. Finally shout out to Jeff Gerstmann and Vinny Caravella who continue to do an excellent job on the Persona 4: Endurance Run and I hope you've enjoyed reading.

-Gamer_152

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Hi all, I'm back for another weirdly timed blog. At the moment I'm right at the beginning of my half-term and I have my final college exams coming up soon but that doesn't mean I still can't play the occasional game and pass my exam. I just have to limit my play time to about 5 minutes a day and work out how I can read and play at the same time. At any rate I've still played quite a few games between my last blog and yet I've still not replaced my Halo 3 disc yet, really just out of laziness more than anything but I still wanna get back to the game.

One thing I have been trying to get back into thought is single-player RPGs. The problem I've had is that an RPG is really a game that requires some commitment to play properly and I've been jumping from RPG to RPG. I started a new save file on Final Fantasy 3 and got through the first few dungeons and haven't come back to it. I started a new save file on Super Paper Mario and got past the first world and haven't gone back to that one since. I have however spent many more hours than I did on either of those 2 on Pokemon Diamond which I have gone back to and made quite some progress on, now having obtained over 250 Pokemon, a few of them with the very generous help of friends.

Today I also played through the new Fable 2 downloadable adventure, entitled 'See the Future'. My brother was actually the one who downloaded it and to be honest I'm not sure if I would or wouldn't have bought it myself. It's not that the content in it isn't fun but See the Future provides about as much additional content to the game as Knothole Islanddid and it has to be said that that's not a lot of content. Still it had a pretty good story, more of the great Fable environments, some pretty well made dungeons and although I don't want to give away the surprise the special prize you receive at the end of the storyline was also quite cool. See the Futures story also ties back into the original Fable 2 story to an extent and again I'll keep this blog a spoiler-free zone but the ending contains a big, brilliantly played out Fable 2 sequence and pretty much confirms that there will be more Fable in the future but is very enigmatic in its approach. This is not necessarily a bad thing but if you are going to buy this content don't go into it expecting to find anything greatly conclusive to add to your Fable 2 experience. Overall I enjoyed it but if you didn't like Knothole Island it's very unlikely you'll like See the Future.

Finally I'm gonna leave you with this leaked demo reelof the recently cancelled Duke Nukem Forever. You know looking at that video it kinda makes me a bitdisapointed that the development team was fired but just one of those things I guess. Finally shout out to Jeff Gerstmann and Vinny Caravella who continue to do an excellent job on the Persona 4: Endurance Run and I hope you've enjoyed reading.

-Gamer_152

Alex_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Alex_Murphy

That always bums me out when DLC is short and can be run through in one sitting.