#1 Edited by granderojo (1778 posts) -

Bunch of twitter devs buzzing about this, but only site running the story seems to be kotaku. This sucks for those dudes, seems like to me like they're downsizing to make smaller experiences like other indie studios which I always seemed to me like more in their wheelhouse. It wasn't until they really expanded that some of their games got a bit misguided.

Please go check out their kickstarter if you haven't already, it seems really cool. Diablo style game with small scale RTS mechanics, cool artstyle and skill tree ideas.

UPDATE Chris Taylor made a kickstarter video explaining the layoff. If the game gets funded he'll hire the team back.

#2 Posted by seamus85 (116 posts) -

Not surprising, but still sad. Hope those affected find new work soon.

#3 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3743 posts) -

Love the idea of a kickstarter. Sounds like an idea for a game I've thought about for a while, kind of a free from DOTA with RPG elements.

#4 Posted by granderojo (1778 posts) -

@ArtisanBreads said:

Love the idea of a kickstarter. Sounds like an idea for a game I've thought about for a while, kind of a free from DOTA with RPG elements.

I think they mentioned mobas just as shorthand to describe what sort of RTS it will be. Basically hero units.

#5 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3743 posts) -

@thabigred said:

@ArtisanBreads said:

I think they mentioned mobas just as shorthand to describe what sort of RTS it will be. Basically hero units.

Yeah but from what I heard you also make buildings and then your units operate on their own, MOBA like.

It's a smart idea. I don't mind base building I just hate unit management in addition.

#6 Posted by connerthekewlkid (1803 posts) -

so no supreme commander 3? :[

#7 Posted by ChinaDontCare (111 posts) -

THANKS OBAMA

#8 Posted by granderojo (1778 posts) -

@ArtisanBreads: I didn't hear anything about base building. I heard was hero units.

#9 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3743 posts) -

@thabigred said:

@ArtisanBreads: I didn't hear anything about base building. I heard was hero units.

From what I've seen I believe you build structures and they spit out units ala a MOBA onto the battlefield. And then your hero goes around doing his thing. Could be wrong but I'm pretty certain.

#10 Posted by Sanity (1891 posts) -

That sucks, seems like this is getting all too common now days.

#11 Posted by granderojo (1778 posts) -

Bumping this so the original post update gets seen.

#12 Posted by darkvare (758 posts) -

@ArtisanBreads: ever played footmen frenzy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wm3glQznGkc

#13 Edited by ArtisanBreads (3743 posts) -

@darkvare said:

@ArtisanBreads: ever played footmen frenzy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wm3glQznGkc

Holy shit that song.

But no I hadn't looks cool. Pretty much what I was talking about and what I think this game is going to be.

The part where I'm not too certain about it is where they say it has dungeons for your character to go into.