Selling last gen stock of games

DM909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

My PS3 broke so I decided to upgrade. I have 2 of them and a 360 with 60 various games for the xbox, ps3 and wii. Can I trade all of it to get a ps4? 3 systems and hook ups with controllers with 60 games.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I doubt it. Also, if the PS3 broke then its trade in value at most places will probably be almost zero.

Also just keep your games? Never know when you might want to break out something you haven't played in a while.

S3v3nS1ns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By S3v3nS1ns

Expect about $100 each for the 360 and PS3 if they're newer models and in good condition. I've never tried trading in a broken system so I have no idea if they will even accept that but if they do I would assume it would be at a greatly reduced price. As for the games it really depends on the game. You can get anywhere from literally 10 cents to $3 to $20 depending on the game. Just a rough estimate I would expect about $300 total store credit.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I don't know, three systems and sixty games for one system that doesn't have anything truly worthwhile at the moment sounds like a bad deal to me. Assuming you could even get the PS4 for all that.

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

My case isn't really the norm, I'm still collecting games for systems that are older than I am, but my advice would be to really think hard about if you actually want to get rid of that stuff. If you do, that's cool, you want to move on and big game collections can take up a lot of space etc. But I really regret gutting my collections to trade in for newer systems and games etc when I was a kid. At the time, I would have had an attitude of "Whatever, that stuff is old, gotta get this amazing new thing" but now there are plenty of games that I wish I'd held on to.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BabyChooChoo

I think it really depends on what the games are. Unless you wanna go through the trouble of selling every individual item on eBay, Craigslist, Amazon, CheapAssGamer, or some place like that, you're probably looking at roughly $160ish total for the PS3 and 360. For the Wii, you'll probably get like $30ish.

The thing with 360/PS3/Wii games is that since so many were printed, very very very few are worth anything unless they're practically new releases. There are like maybe a handful of valuable hidden gems on those platforms, but you'd definitely do better selling those yourself on eBay, CAG, etc instead. I'd say for an "average" collection, you'd probably get another $140ish at most and I feel like I'm being optimistic here. Hard to say really. List some of the games you have and we might be able to tell you if they're gonna be worth shit.

edit: Yeah, listen to the people below me. Try and avoid gamestop and stuff like that. Find someone to sell to directly.

NorthSarge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I sold 85 360 games like 6 months ago for $500. to a person though, not a store.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Put in the small amount of effort to sell it directly to a buyer; don't trade it in to a retailer. Make the buyers come to you or meet you and you'll make at least 100% more than trade in value, guaranteed. Craigslist, my man.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@damodar said:

My case isn't really the norm, I'm still collecting games for systems that are older than I am, but my advice would be to really think hard about if you actually want to get rid of that stuff. If you do, that's cool, you want to move on and big game collections can take up a lot of space etc. But I really regret gutting my collections to trade in for newer systems and games etc when I was a kid. At the time, I would have had an attitude of "Whatever, that stuff is old, gotta get this amazing new thing" but now there are plenty of games that I wish I'd held on to.

I know how you feel. I sold soooooo many games and I regret it so much now especially since I've been playing a lot of older games recently and I've ended up buying stuff I used to own.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I sold roughly 30 games to EB a few weeks ago for about $170. Not the best per game price, but for games I never wanted to even touch again, it was worth it.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@babychoochoo: Biggest regret was selling my N64... I'm praying that I actually didn't and it's stored away somewhere in my parents house... There is hope! There is hope! ....I doubt it....

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@babychoochoo: Yeah, I still play my old systems regularly and it bums me out thinking of some of the great games I got rid of, some of which I have since bought again. I think Jeff's in the same boat, given his stories about his Genesis trade-ins to Klaus :P

DM909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DM909

I was thinking of just bundling all 3 systems for 100 bucks with controllers and hook ups and as far as the games go I'll trade them in at one of the local stores.

I'm hoping to at least get enough money to buy a ps4

I have 2 ps3s and 1 xbox the ages run from 2006 to 2012 year models