• 93 results
#1 Edited by mrcraggle (1821 posts) -

While next generation consoles usually bring about a wealth of new ips as devs have more available to them, what sequels would you actually like to see return that you may have loved but got forgotten about?

For me, at lot of them come from Sega who are just sitting on these great ips and doing nothing with them such as Valkyria chronicles, Skies of Arcadia, Jet Set Radio, and Shenmue. I'd also like to see Capcom explore some of their old franchises like Rival Scools, Powerstone and Tech Romancer (yes, I actually really liked that game).

#2 Edited by lead_farmer (1040 posts) -

You had me at Valkyria Chronicles.

#3 Posted by slyspider (1153 posts) -

Jet set radio pls. Also Shenmue by the heavy rain team.

#4 Posted by Abendlaender (2761 posts) -

All together now: Beyond Good and Evil 2.
I'm just asuming you mean good and faithful sequels not "Syndicate 2011" Sequels.

Also: A proper sequel to Serious Sam FE/SE/2, a new Age of Empires, Painkiller and STALKER. (Please give me another Stalker......)

#5 Posted by mrfluke (5090 posts) -

asuras wrath.

and i wanna see a god of war 4

#6 Posted by OneKillWonder_ (1693 posts) -

Naughty Dog needs to do Jak 4. That is all.

#7 Posted by markini6 (445 posts) -

Persona 5, Valkyria chronicles, God of War if with a different pantheon, Half-Life 3 (I'm an optimist), X-COM, Dishonored and maybe Red Dead.

#8 Posted by afabs515 (1011 posts) -

P5 and Dishonored

#9 Posted by mrcraggle (1821 posts) -

Oops, forgot about P5 but that's being made right? Right!?

#10 Edited by FunkasaurasRex (847 posts) -

I want a proper Ape Escape game god dammit.

@onekillwonder_ said:

Naughty Dog needs to do Jak 4. That is all.

I'd totally go for for some more Jak; none of that reboot business they'd talked about though. Also I could play Ratchet and Clank games until the day I die, so Insomniac can feel free to make more of those.

Other than that, I mostly want new shit.

#11 Posted by Xolare (1273 posts) -

Time Crisis 6 yo.

#12 Posted by Miyuki (176 posts) -

Persona 5, meet your thread. I am dying for another Persona game, and I'm really hoping it will be for consoles and not just handhelds (though I will take what I can get.)

#13 Edited by Aegon (5401 posts) -

Valkyria Chronicles, Persona 5, Jak 4, and a proper new Ratchet game.

#14 Edited by Lord_Xp (602 posts) -

Uncharted 4! I have yet to be disappointed by their sequels.

#15 Posted by Hailinel (23885 posts) -

Other M 2.

The haters, fuck them.

#16 Edited by Clonedzero (4091 posts) -

Sleeping Dogs 2!

#17 Edited by Lord_Xp (602 posts) -

I also think a proper reboot of Mercenaries would be awesome. I loved playing Mercenaries and trying to get all of the cards in the game. It was fun as hell and never ended it seemed like. God I miss that game

#18 Posted by LobsterVendetta (105 posts) -

I will always want to see a sequel to Dark Void. At this point I don't even care if it's published by Capcom, as long as it continues the story and builds on it using the background information of its in-game journals, and develops on the jet-pack, air to ground gameplay.

#19 Edited by YummyTreeSap (305 posts) -

I'd dig another Tomba game, but of course that'll not ever happen.

#20 Posted by Talksin (39 posts) -

U.N. Squadron, Brute Force, and Mappy Land.

Also, not exactly a sequel but there should be an HD remake of Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain..... you mother fuckers.

#21 Posted by HerbieBug (4212 posts) -

L.A. Noire. But by a different team, please. That game had so much potential. I think a good group of designers with some talented writers could really make something awesome from that basic framework.

#22 Posted by axlvandamme (89 posts) -

New Burnout Paradise, Fallout 4, Alan Wake 2, Shenmue 3, Conker's Bad Fur Day 2, No One Lives Forever 3, Elder Scrolls 6, and Bayonetta 2 on a big boy's console to start with.

#23 Posted by frankfartmouth (1016 posts) -

A new Chrono would be at the top of my list, although Square Enix would probably just fuck it up these days.

#24 Posted by Dixego (381 posts) -

Just kingdom hearts. Just please all of the kingdom hearts.

#25 Posted by Sursh (243 posts) -

how about a new 'beyond good & evil'.

#26 Posted by tourgen (4427 posts) -

Some more Deus Ex would be great.

Maybe a Syndicate but with more RPG guts. some extensive cyborg body mod upgrades, and real HEAVY weaponry. Shooter is fine again but more imagination and machine-brutality in the weaponry. And a better soundtrack. mix up some techno trash, ebm, industrial. more dudes heads exploding from the inside. Damn, that last Syndicate game was alright. So close to amazing.

#27 Edited by thebunnyhunter (1353 posts) -

Dishonored - I just really would like more of this...maybe even an more open world to be all next geny

Legend of Dragoon - I won't turn my back on you LoD, even if SquEnix does. You'll be forever in my heart and dreams

#28 Posted by Hailinel (23885 posts) -

A new Chrono would be at the top of my list, although Square Enix would probably just fuck it up these days.

Chrono Trigger was a special project that I don't think can ever be really repeated. I know that there's Chrono Cross, but I personally thought that game was terrible and did a major disservice to Trigger.

#29 Edited by davidwitten22 (1708 posts) -

Diddy Kong Racing 2, Snowboard Kids 3, Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon sequel, Legend of Dragoon II, Fallout IV, another Suikoden would be neat, and I certainly wouldn't mind another Catherine game.

Oh and I want another Jet Force Gemini game please.

#30 Posted by ilovebees (75 posts) -

A new Banjo-Kazooie. I also second this Diddy Kong Racing 2 ^^^

#31 Posted by Hailinel (23885 posts) -

Oh and I want another Jet Force Gemini game please.

Who even owns that at this point? Microsoft?

#32 Edited by Slag (4001 posts) -

F-Zero, seriously what happened to F-Zero?

@hailinel said:

@frankfartmouth said:

Chrono Trigger was a special project that I don't think can ever be really repeated. I know that there's Chrono Cross, but I personally thought that game was terrible and did a major disservice to Trigger.

and yet it should be easier to do than ever since those separate companies merged.

#33 Posted by awesomeusername (4154 posts) -
  • Bioshock from Irrational. Or maybe even a new IP. Don't care.
  • God of War with different protagonist, gods.
  • Sly Cooper. Sanzaru could do another one and I'd eat it up, especially since it ends with a cliffhanger.
  • Persona 5 on PS4 would be godly.
  • Sound Shapes 2 but with like 100 levels
  • Metro sequel.
  • Sleeping Dogs 2
  • Deus Ex
  • Burnout
  • Fallout 4
  • Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon 2.0 - A full fledged sequel
  • Tokyo Jungle 2 with a bigger budget
  • Resistance 4
  • The Darkness 3
  • Just Cause 3
  • Portal 3
#34 Posted by Toastburner_B (143 posts) -

Zone of the Enders 3.

It...it has to happen eventually, right?

...Right?

#35 Posted by Hailinel (23885 posts) -

@slag said:

@hailinel said:

@frankfartmouth said:

and yet it should be easier to do than ever since those separate companies merged.

Key members of the original team are no longer with the company, though.

#36 Edited by YummyTreeSap (305 posts) -

New Burnout Paradise

I'd much prefer an old-style Burnout game again, like Revenge. Played so much of that game. Paradise was fun, but I don't like the trend of turning every racing game into an open-world game. Especially when it meant the end of the proper crash mode!

#37 Posted by Hunter5024 (5541 posts) -

@hailinel said:

@slag said:

@hailinel said:

@frankfartmouth said:

Key members of the original team are no longer with the company, though.

I don't think you need the same team for it to be good. If they took some of the concepts, themes, and principles of that old game and made something modern out of it then it could potentially be pretty awesome. Though yes, they would probably just fuck it up.

#38 Posted by Morningstar (2139 posts) -

A new Baten Kaitos game would be nice. And of course Persona 5.

#39 Posted by EchoEcho (815 posts) -

Dishonored - I just really would like more of this...maybe even an more open world to be all next geny

Legend of Dragoon - I won't turn my back on you LoD, even if SquEnix does. You'll be forever in my heart and dreams

Well, Square-Enix can't really turn its back on a game it didn't make. That was a Sony joint, developed and published. I enjoyed Legend of Dragoon back in the day and always hoped for a sequel, though I doubt I'd still want to play it at this point.

#40 Posted by WickedFather (1730 posts) -

Jumping Flash X.
Mario Sunshine 2.
Archimedian Dynasty.

Tomb Raider like it should be with plummy gobbed privileged bints falling onto spikes and derelict ocean liners full of whirring blades and tigers.

#41 Edited by StingerMK2 (386 posts) -

I was actually thinking Skies of Arcadia as I clicked the link, I'd also really like a modern version of Panzer Dragoon Saga, I know that Crimson Dragon is some sort of spiritual successor to those games so hopefully they'll take a more RPG route with it eventually

#42 Edited by Castiel (2528 posts) -

Psychonauts 2 and Costume Quest 2.

Get on it Double Fine!

Oh I almost forgot. MediEvil. I loved the original game back in the day and I would love see a fully fledged sequel or a reboot. Imagine a new game with super sharp visuals, new orchestral score and sharp controls. If they make that I will buy a PS4 on day one.

#43 Posted by ll_Exile_ll (1436 posts) -

Starfox dammit!

My dream Starfox game would be like 60% vehicle levels (Arwing, Landmaster, Blue Marine) and 40% on foot third person shooting. I've been hoping for years that Retro would make a Starfox game, too bad they're wasting their time on another Donkey Kong game (it will probably be good, just not very exciting).

#44 Posted by Sinusoidal (1289 posts) -

I wish Sega would make a modern, seizure-inducing, flashy-and-gaudy-and-Japanese-as-fuck Space Harrier game. That and a new, properly numbered, single player Phantasy Star.

#45 Edited by benspyda (2030 posts) -

The next Elder Scrolls game (not the MMO).

#46 Posted by Jimbo (9772 posts) -

Gladius, Freelancer, KOTOR

#47 Posted by corruptsaves (214 posts) -

Valkyria Chronicles sprang to mind when I read the subject. New open world games, Fall Out, Elder Scrolls etc. After The Last of Us anything by Naughty Dog. Child of Eden :D

#48 Posted by StingerMK2 (386 posts) -

@jimbo said:

Gladius

fuck yes, been thinking about this game a lot recently with the resurgence of SRPGs being popular.

#49 Posted by isomeri (1225 posts) -
#50 Posted by RedCream (704 posts) -

Fallout 4 (or whatever subtitle they come up with) , Persona 5, Vanquish 2, Okami 2, God Hand 2, The World Ends With You 2, Megaman Legends 3, A proper side-scrolling Castlevania, Metroid, NBA Street, Vagrant Story 2 (or an HD remake).