Sequels you want for next gen

• 92 results
TheSilentGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 28

Condemned 3, I need my bum wars fix for the next gen.

I could also go in for an Alan Wake 2.

Grixxel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

This is the console generation that will finally bring back Wild Guns

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

To be honest, I want new IPs. I'm tired of most of the current gen franchises.

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By Monkeyman04

Duke Nukem Forever 2. This time it takes 2x the time to make and it's 2x worse. jk jk

I would like to see Alan Wake 2, Bully 2, L.A. Noire 2, and Psychonauts 2.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#56  Edited By emfromthesea

It's not a direct sequel, but I really want The Last Guardian.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#57  Edited By Yummylee
  • Uncharted (but without starring Nathan Drake; a prequel featuring Sully has always sounded really appealing to me)
  • God of War (new protagonist/setting, otherwise don't even bother)
  • Gears of War (Man, I love this series so much that a derivative next-gen Gears 3 is the most I could ask for)
  • inFAMOUS (Hoorah!)
  • Onimusha (Samurai and actor likeness, man! Onimusha is a relatively unique sorta action series, with a much slower style of combat, and I'd love to see what a next-gen Onimusha could look like. Long overdue that we get another one as well me thinks...)
  • Dino Crisis (Dinosaurs, man! Let's bring it all back! Preferably more in line with DC2, but any more attempts at trying to make Dinosaurs scary again would be fine by me)
  • Resident Evil reboot (for the love of God... I think it's finally time, and Capcom, please don't bother with your hypothesised RE2 remake, as you'd only fuck it up anyway)
  • Shadows of Rome (Gladiators, man! Let's bring it all back!)
  • Fear Effect (wishful thinking that this would ever get a reboot or something, but, well, this is a wishlist!)
  • Silent Hill (I enjoyed Downpour a lot, but even if they once again decide with a different approach for whatever they're hopefully planning with Silent Hill, I'll be open minded. As long as I get me more scary Silent Hill goodness)
  • A new Red Dead (Surely going to be a while, and although it's always risky business in trying to create a sequel to what is arguably the greatest game of the current generation, I would applaud Rockstar to try)
  • Walking Dead (though I guess the Season 2 will technically be a next-gen release anywhoo so, another hoorah!)
  • Dragon's Dogma 2 (that is if Deep Down isn't already our Dragon's Dogma 2 mind)
  • Batman Beyond game (while not a direct sequel, but a spiritual successor from the Arkham games with Terry McGinnis sounds like the greatest thing)
  • Condemned 3 (A little more of some of the best melee combat in games sounds pretty good. Also, horror)
  • Borderlands 3 (Give me my planet-hopping loot-grind!)

Annnd... that's all I got off the top of my head.

Fuckin' bullet-point formatting... I hate how you can't put a space in between each entry now, so as to stop it from looking so cramped.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@yummylee: I actually played Fear Effect 2 recently, I was blown away by how good it looked. Fucking brutal difficulty though.

Though, as a huge Silent Hill fan, I want them to just stop. Just stop until some person who grew up playing Silent Hill has the chops and the experience to bring an evolved vision to it. Tom Hullett is merely retreading old ground, and shifting it less from cinematic horror to Twilight Zone mystery. Which is fine for Alan Wake but not appropriate for Silent Hill. I just want them to put it down and let it marinate in people's memories, and then return as an evolved version rather than a rebuilt version.

For me, it's a Parasite Eve reboot done by Eidos Montreal. A third person shooter/brawler with RPG elements, Mass Effect-style cover and activated powers, Arkham Asylum style melee combat, stealth mechanics, puzzle mechanics, and a big area that you explore more of as you gain new weapons or abilities.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Mercenaries 3.

Goddamnit, EA.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@isomeri said:

Actually I'd be interested in any next-gen WW2 shooting Nazis in the face type of game.

Hey, whoa. Let's not get crazy, now!

ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Call of Duty. Wait...

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#62  Edited By Yummylee

@brodehouse said:

@yummylee: I actually played Fear Effect 2 recently, I was blown away by how good it looked. Fucking brutal difficulty though.

Though, as a huge Silent Hill fan, I want them to just stop. Just stop until some person who grew up playing Silent Hill has the chops and the experience to bring an evolved vision to it. Tom Hullett is merely retreading old ground, and shifting it less from cinematic horror to Twilight Zone mystery. Which is fine for Alan Wake but not appropriate for Silent Hill. I just want them to put it down and let it marinate in people's memories, and then return as an evolved version rather than a rebuilt version.

For me, it's a Parasite Eve reboot done by Eidos Montreal. A third person shooter/brawler with RPG elements, Mass Effect-style cover and activated powers, Arkham Asylum style melee combat, stealth mechanics, puzzle mechanics, and a big area that you explore more of as you gain new weapons or abilities.

Huh, apparently notifications aren't working. God, how long have I been in the dark? How many replies have I missed which may then be construed as rudeness?! D=

So yeah, Fear Effect 2's animed-esque cellshaded style still looks really fetching to this day. It's the sorta game that would look downright beautiful if it could somehow get a HD remake or something of the sort. Also, while it's no doubt because of the limitations of the hardware, I find it kind of charming how everybody tends to bob their head when they're talking in the cutscenes. Gameplay hasn't aged all that gracefully, but it still stands as one of my favourite games of all time. That cool little strategy game you get to play as Glas is definitely one of my favourite minigames at that.

I see what you mean about Silent Hill, too. Even as a stout defender of Downpour, I couldn't in good conscience put it up there with the best, even if it was still a marked improvement from Homecoming and 0rigins least.

I'd certainly be alright with an extended 'break' for the series, allowing it to bide its time until much later into the generation. What's so great about Silent Hill is because each game is only barely connected (well, besides SH1 and SH3, and Shattered Memories to some extent), they're often given a lot of freedom for where to take the series. So long as there's fog/snow storm/vision obscuring effect and the all important psychological horror aspect, then the rest is up to whatever their minds can conjure up. The Climax folks who were involved with Shattered Memories look like they had a good grasp on making a superb Silent Hill game least, despite removing all combat entirely; those chase sequences sometimes got to be a little lengthy, though. Still, its story is most certainly one of the best in the series at that.

Maybe after so long, Kojima will finally be given the OK to give the series a try... I'm sure such a pairing would be interesting (and probably kinda pervy) at the very least. Also, Silent Hill on FOX engine. Yummy.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A new Shadow Hearts game. The greatest rpg franchise in the history of video games needs to rise up and reclaim it's rightful position on the throne.

teaoverlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BioForge 2

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By mrcraggle

@hector: Well that's the idea behind this thread. I wanted to see what sequels people wanted to games they loved. They could be super old that only had a niche market, doesn't matter. Just look at the examples I gave. Valkyria Chronicles got very little love yet the new XCOM won GB's GotY award when VC did a lot of that stuff and in some cases better in 2008. I'm sure there are some games that you'd love to see make a return maybe just because they had an interesting idea and it didn't fulfill its potential but a sequel could change that or maybe even a theme you enjoyed in one game but hasn't really been explored much since.

@morningstar said:

A new Baten Kaitos game would be nice. And of course Persona 5.

@awesomeusername said:
  • Tokyo Jungle 2 with a bigger budget
@redcream said:

God Hand 2, The World Ends With You 2

All very inspired choices, especially TWEWY. That game is just DS crack. Seeing Tokyo Jungle there actually made me think of downloadable games on XBLA that I completely didn't even think about such as Shadow Complex.

Avatar image for supersolidsnake2019
SuperSolidSnake2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like to see a sequel to THE LAST OF US. I know we have only just had the game but I think there are possibilities for more stories in this world.

It doesn't have to be the same characters as the first game. Naughty Dog could show us another group of survivors in a location separate from the first game. That could be cool.

This game was such an achievement that I am really looking forward to whatever Naughty Dog do next and I was never big on Uncharted although it looked good.

Wraxend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Red Dead Redemption sequel would be brilliant also a sequel/spiritual sequel to Asura's Wrath would be insane on next gen. A sequel to the new DMC could be cool as they've left the story in a very interesting place after the ending and the dlc.

SmilingPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Druuna or Ninja Golf.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wraxend: I would love to have seen Asura's Wrath released as weekly downloads like a tv show. That just makes way more sense to me with the way the game is than on a disc. It should've been that way and then a disc later on like you were buying a boxset of a tv show. Maybe that's something that could (and should) happen if they make a sequel.

Avatar image for demsumnicenikes
demsumnicenikes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By demsumnicenikes

Persona 5 (if it doesn't end up on current gen), Ape Escape 4, a new StarFox that's a true followup to 64, and Jet Set Radio 3.

briangodsoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

God of War 4. Fuck being stuck because Kratos killed all of Greek Mythology. There are lots of religions and plenty of gods that Kratos can murder if they're willing to let loose and have fun with it. Or maybe I just want to see Kratos fight Jesus.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

@hailinel said:

@slag said:
@hailinel said:

@frankfartmouth said:

A new Chrono would be at the top of my list, although Square Enix would probably just fuck it up these days.

Chrono Trigger was a special project that I don't think can ever be really repeated. I know that there's Chrono Cross, but I personally thought that game was terrible and did a major disservice to Trigger.

and yet it should be easier to do than ever since those separate companies merged.

Key members of the original team are no longer with the company, though.

I don't think you need the same team for it to be good. If they took some of the concepts, themes, and principles of that old game and made something modern out of it then it could potentially be pretty awesome. Though yes, they would probably just fuck it up.

I agree that shouldn't necessarily stop a project, people leave companies all the time. It's not like Final Fantasy stopped when Sakaguchi left Square. Some might say maybe it should have but it didn't. And other properties such as Metroid have flourished in new creative hands.

If nothing else I'd like Chrono to get made, even if it's not great, so people will stop asking for it.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#73  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

I would love to see these come to next gen consoles.

• Viva Pinata 3
  • Banjo Nuts and Bolts 2
  • Persona 5
  • Fallout 4
  • The Elder Scrolls 6
  • Mass Effect (Unrelated to the main games that's simply set in the universe prior to 3)
  • Maybe not an existing franchise, but something new and creative from Valve.

I've actually had a few come true.

• Dark Souls 2
  • Infamous Second Son
  • Kingdom Hearts 3
  • FF15
  • Mirrors Edge 2
  • Batman Arkham Origins
  • The Witcher 3
Sploder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bulletstorm 2

bluefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could go for:

Alan Wake 2 - I really ended up loving that character.

Psychonauts 2 - obviously

DMC reboot 2 - really, really liked where it was going

Blood Wake 2 - guys, big motor boats with machine guns and torpedoes, classic Xbox!

anything Oddworld!

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Beyond Good & Evil 2

MelficeVKM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By MelficeVKM
@oldenglishc said:

A new Shadow Hearts game. The greatest rpg franchise in the history of video games needs to rise up and reclaim it's rightful position on the throne.

This, a thousand times this!

Runner up: A new Grandia, or a dotHack game but with actual online. Basically, the Infection, Mutation, Outbreak and Quarantine games but with online dudes to play with rather than NPCs

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Dark Cloud 3. Wild Arms 6.

I need these things.

Tackchevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

A new Baten Kaitos game would be nice. And of course Persona 5.

No Caption Provided

I saw this a while back before Monolith became more public with project X. Some kind of concept art. I wouldn't be surprised if BK3 or a "spiritual successor" type deal is in the oven over there. They originally did BK and Xenosaga concurrently back in the day, so still in the realm of possibility. Tastes good with:

Loading Video...

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

A few weeks ago I got super pumped after reading some announcement of Capcom vs SNK 3 for next-gen systems. Immediately afterwards, I got super bummed when I realized that the announcement was an April Fools post from 2012.

ilikepopcans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#81  Edited By ilikepopcans

Darkest of Days

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Suikoden VI

Persona 5

Just Cause 3

Ape Escape

cozmicaztaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mutant League Football and some proper Ape Escape. Maybe bring back Wonder Boy. And a new Jet Force Gemini could be really neat and shiny.

Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Toxin066

Give me Ace Combat 7.

Pie_Romancer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too Human 2. Not even kidding.

Avatar image for randomcharachter
randomcharachter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Mega Man returning with a cool game.

New Devil May Cry which continues form original story.

A pokemon game which has Red as the protagonist and many character returns from Gen I and II

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pie_romancer: I kind of also would like to see a sequel. The story really got going in that game and I was really interested and then it all kind of just stopped. I'm pretty sure I didn't even realise the game had finished until the credits were on the screen.

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want a straight up new Valkyria Chronicles for consoles.

That and a new Zone of the Enders. Fallout 4 can come to.

Avatar image for deckardsrevolver
DeckardsRevolver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Freedom fighters 2. Just because when I originally played it I remember hearing a rumor about a sequel where you would take the fight to russia with a commandered aircraft carrier. Sounded cool lol.

Mastercheesey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

New Burnout, Fallout 4, and Im really excited for the next Kingdom Hearts

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm surprised at how many posts have been for sequels to quite recent games (Burnout, Dishonored, etc) that did well rather than hoping to see a sequel to something that was critically well-received but sold poorly like Psychonauts.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Burnout & Fallout

but really: Theme Park

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wild Arms 6 and Suikoden 6. Come on Japan....

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If going with the chances for these happening being around 0.00001%, I would vote for such games as...

• Syndicate. I just really enjoyed the visuals and somewhat brutal combact and overall feel of it. Playing the pc-version currently and loving it again.
  • Outcast. First open-world game I played and loved the hell out of! If Vinny & Dave would've transformed that RPG into a full play-through, I think I would've settled with that, but as it is now, I want a proper sequel! That's what Kickstarter is for, right? Just dig up that WIP project of the sequel they were working on and bring it back, pleeeeeease?
  • Grim Fandango. I think it would be shameful to drag Manny away from his eternal rest to save the world or something, but some other character in that wonderful world could be amazing.
  • Darksiders. I would already be sold, if I would get a game nearly identical to the second one, as long as the new story would tie up all the looses ends and wrap it up with a grande finale.
  • No-One Lives Forever. Think someone already mentioned this! I don't think there really has been any FPS games since the first two to have humour, that doesn't come from adult themes, swearing and/or violent slapstick and so forth.
  • ...but there's also room for those FPS games with crude humour, so Bulletstorm sequel, thank you.
  • MDK. World needs more third-person adventure/shooters with crazy characters, grand (sized) level design and dynamite soundtrack.

I could probably list a handful of more, but I just started to realize, that most of those (and a few of these) would be sequels to pc-games and proooobably wouldn't work that well on consoles, or at least wouldn't attract the audience...but well, a man can dream, right?