Sessler & co. tweet about "bad news" concerning the industry

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I think it's the forums that are making such a big deal out of this. Everybody, relax.

kpaadet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's all this then?

EDIT: No early PS4s to cover outside of Sony events? Who gives a flying shit?

Wait till it's out and buy it. Hell, maybe you could afford it.

Cover it after. What's the fucking goddamn rush? The console won't disappear a week after launch.

But them clicks man! How are these game "journalists" gonna feed their family without them clicks huh? Answer me that!

jachin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Something I learned today: Adam is incapable of shaving his own beard.

chiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@jachin said:

Something I learned today: Adam is incapable of shaving his own beard.

Clean shaven Adam Sessler is a handsome guy. Bearded Adam Sessler looks like a hobo.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@dr_mantas said:

Cover it after. What's the fucking goddamn rush? The console won't disappear a week after launch.

Wait... Is that it ?

I have to say, I am rather disappointed. I always took Sessler as a far more level headed person.

Avatar image for manhattan_project
manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@hermes said:

@dr_mantas said:

Wait... Is that it ?

I have to say, I am rather disappointed. I always took Sessler as a far more level headed person.

We dont know what it is. No actual news has come out. Its all just speculation.

Boiglenoight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

@pakman5009 said:

This whole "situation" is discussed in Bombin' the A.M. at the 6:50 mark

http://youtu.be/bPKh0nFo3yY?t=6m50s

Thanks!

Loading Video...

After watching several episodes of the Blacklist, I'm starting to see a resemblance between post-Stargate James Spader and the Wolf.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@hermes said:

@dr_mantas said:

Wait... Is that it ?

No one knows what's happening. People are just continuing to spout off complete nonsense.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

How is this thread behind several pages?

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@nasar7: If they had to buy the games themselves I think they might be more critical of the games, considering it's money from their pocket. On the other hand, if they have to wait until release to get a copy, then their review is going to be too late to really matter to anyone.

I disagree that the review would be useless just because it's not a week in advance. It might affect their site traffic a bit but it would ultimately even itself out.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

@donpixel said:

@video_game_king said:

@thatdutchguy said:

Fuck em' the rest of the world works hard for their money

And how do these guys not?

They play videogames and twit a lot?

What does that mean? I understand what it connotes, but not what it denotes.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#812  Edited By kishinfoulux

@razielcuts said:

/salt

Former IGN. All that needs to be said.

Also love how it's been shown the video is NOT what Adam was talking about and people keep insisting it is. Carry on crazy folk.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Burn with me thread. BURN WITH ME!

No Caption Provided

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pakman5009: Ha, I deleted that snarky comment because I felt like I was a bit too dickish when you were just trying to help people out. But yeah, super nothingness and more vaugery, I guess we'll find out more in the next few days. Sessler *has* to answer up to those tweets he caused a shit storm over. I respect the man but credibility on this one is a bit 'Wha?'

I guess the only silver lining in all of this is that via Jeff, Patrick and Alex it's good to know GB is in the clear and things are going smoothly for them.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Not sure how a thread with so many replies can contain so little.

Like this, I guess?

thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

Klepek says it's a non-issue. That's pretty much all I needed. If it was important, Scoops would have told us.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sasnake: I know lots about journalism, been around it my whole life actually. Playing video games and then talking about it is not "journalism". Sessler is not a "journalist". And you insult the people who are by insinuating he is.

PulledaBrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ive never neem to Sessmoneys site before today. And the first videos thumbnail still is haunting me.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#820  Edited By Seikenfreak

@jensonb: Hmm. I don't think that it's not important, but more likely it's not the Bombsquad's place to fill us in on other companies personal problems. It sounds like what I predicted earlier about timing of system access and thus time to get reviews out.

I highly disagree with people who say these reviews aren't important or whatever. Anything related to these new systems is great viewer traffic. And good viewer traffic means more revenue. Things like the first legit footage of a game (whether it is a review or not) that isn't some trailer or publisher cut footage is a huge deal. Whoever gets the footage up first will get the vast majority of views. This is why it is incredibly annoying and dumb that IGN constantly gets timed exclusive media rights. But I guess they are a giant ad infested site so they have a lot of money to throw at exclusivity. There's a "WTF is..?" from TotalBiscuit where he got his video out before other outlets and he got hundreds of thousands more views then he gets on average and got way more then IGN and such did.

To sum up: this situation doesn't seem to affect GiantBomb because they do mostly Quick Looks and they pick and choose to do what they want, when they want. This is a huge deal for sites that operate in the more traditional sense, getting as many reviews out as soon as possible. While maybe not so important for IGN because they are a giant (ugly, evil) site, Rev3 Games on the other hand is a small division of Revision 3 (part of Discovery Digital Networks or something) so revenue from something huge like new console launches could be financially more important for them.

TL;DR - Its likely an issue with system availability timing. Maybe some are sooner then others. It may not be a big deal for places like GiantBomb or IGN, but it could be a huge deal to smaller, more traditional game coverage sites.

TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkarov said:

@sasnake: I know lots about journalism, been around it my whole life actually. Playing video games and then talking about it is not "journalism". Sessler is not a "journalist". And you insult the people who are by insinuating he is.

I don't think I ever hear games critics refer to themselves as "Journalists". The only time I ever see them referred to as such is when people are talking about the games media in a negative light. As far as I've always heard, they call themselves enthusiast analysts and critics, but never journalists. I have no idea why the internet continues to perpetuate that label on the games media.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been hiding in a crazy gaming conspiracy theory proof bomb shelter for the past day or so. Has everything exploded into a glorious flame of super combustion like everyone is expecting it to?

ARE VIDEO GAMES STILL HERE GUYS?????

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I don't think this has to do with not getting the consoles early enough. If it does than Sessler's tweets were incredibly hyperbolic. Saying things like he needs to consider new professional avenues, and that he's scared? I don't see how that could possibly be because his launch day coverage might be a little less informed than he initially thought.

MarvinPontiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guys, I'm pretty sure this is all because Time Cube.

Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#826  Edited By Jensonb

@seikenfreak: We have been told by Rev3 that it is not about the access issues. Sessler posted a video about earlier today, and Rev3 says it was taped on Friday, before all this.

Nevertheless, to be clear, I meant if it was actuality important, Klepek would have said it was important (and by that I mean important to the audience), not that he would have told us what it is out of turn. He says it's not something we need to worry too much about, I take him at his word. Klepek's by far the best actual journalist I've come across in the gaming press.

And, to be quite honest, I still doubt it's anything to do with tiers of the press. If so, why would Gies care? That desolate money pit Polygon thing he "works" for could easily muscle its way in somehow.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#827  Edited By mike

I don't know why there are certain users demanding that this thread be closed. No one is calling anyone names or being super dicks, so I don't see what the problem is. Go read a relationship advice thread or something, at least people are talking about video games here, on a site about video games. Imagine that.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb said:

I don't know why there are certain users demanding that this thread be closed. No one is calling anyone names or being super dicks, so I don't see what the problem is. Go read a relationship advice thread or something, at least people are talking about video games here, on a site about video games. Imagine that.

I think myself and a few others were simply trying to convey that the thread had no tangible course of discussion going on other than complete speculation, and that it would most likely devolve into vitriolic responses. That doesn't seem to have been completely the case so far. The thread has had certain points where it went off the rails, but as far as I'm concerned it's fine right now. It's actually evolved into something magical that only the Giant Bomb community could muster up.

CannedBread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sessler is just upset that now he only has one bible day to review games in 24hrs instead of 4 Real days.

B. Button Is Proof Of 4 Days.

Ouya 2 Is PROOF Of Belly Button.

Do Not Believe Unholy Teachers Selling The GERSTmann's Lies.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trav: I'm so glad GB covered it in the bomb cast, that phrase sounds so funny

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sessler went from G4 to becoming a youtuber. Of course he's depressed and sensitive.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#835  Edited By mrfluke

@mb said:

I think myself and a few others were simply trying to convey that the thread had no tangible course of discussion going on other than complete speculation, and that it would most likely devolve into vitriolic responses. That doesn't seem to have been completely the case so far. The thread has had certain points where it went off the rails, but as far as I'm concerned it's fine right now. It's actually evolved into something magical that only the Giant Bomb community could muster up.

yep, please dont close the thread,

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think I ever hear games critics refer to themselves as "Journalists". The only time I ever see them referred to as such is when people are talking about the games media in a negative light. As far as I've always heard, they call themselves enthusiast analysts and critics, but never journalists. I have no idea why the internet continues to perpetuate that label on the games media.

You got me. Some of them are fairly good writers and can tell a decent story but taking 10-15 hours and playing Call of Duty then writing about what you think is not journalism. It is reviewing/critiquing. I don't remember anyone ever trying to call Siskel or Ebert a Journalist for example.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#838  Edited By CaLe

I'm sure some of you is wondering? What's a meaning of it all. I have been traipsing the web high and low for a clue to this -- and you may want to like what I found. First, we have Console Company who owns all Console and also power to give them out. Then we have media who have little power for when to receive it from Console Comp. -- an conundrum isn't it? Here in lies a twister. Media always make their own plans no matter they know their future or not! It's a big weakness to make solid plan when you don't control destiny -- we all agree this, even you. What is a result of plan maybe get demolishing? You guessed, it's worry and fear and anger together. OK now if we mix all that emotions to a freedom of this internet? It's a hullabalooza like this. It's my theory after many researching thank you.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sessler and company on Twitter the past few days:

MarvinPontiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvinpontiac said:

Sessler is just upset that now he only has one bible day to review games in 24hrs instead of 4 Real days.

B. Button Is Proof Of 4 Days.

Ouya 2 Is PROOF Of Belly Button.

Do Not Believe Unholy Teachers Selling The GERSTmann's Lies.

You made me spit Pepsi Throwback. Coincidentally, Pepsi Throwback is 4 days in same 24 hrs.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#841  Edited By TruthTellah
mageemagoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cale said:

I'm sure some of you is wondering? What's a meaning of it all. I have been traipsing the web high and low for a clue to this -- and you may want to like what I found. First, we have Console Company who owns all Console and also power to give them out. Then we have media who have little power for when to receive it from Console Comp. -- an conundrum isn't it? Here in lies a twister. Media always make their own plans no matter they know their future or not! It's a big weakness to make solid plan when you don't control destiny -- we all agree this, even you. What is a result of plan maybe get demolishing? You guessed, it's worry and fear and anger together. OK now if we mix all that emotions to a freedom of this internet? It's a hullabalooza like this. It's my theory after many researching thank you.

excuse me what?

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#843  Edited By CaLe

@mageemagoo said:

@cale said:

excuse me what?

OK I get your meaning, you want it simple to understand don't you? Well I will make a summary digest you can follow easy -- just a few points to cover it.

• Console Comp. hold key to console factory
  • Media don't have a key
  • Media make plan like they have a key
  • Fate is uncontrollable
  • Fear and worry (+anger)
  • Hullabalooza

Do you know Mr. Adam? He made this hullabalooza because he lost the control of his fate.

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

I don't know what you say to me. !FlippDesert! Robot actor is who?

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

!SaikenFreak! You know?

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@cale said:

You have a point, you know, but where you put the money on the console already, why I would be upset that you do not want to as the feature is intended will be able to see it someone. Of course, those robot actor is used instead of the people of the ad actually we show up, this is all speculation.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cale said:

You have a point, you know, but where you put the money on the console already, why I would be upset that you do not want to as the feature is intended will be able to see it someone. Of course, those robot actor is used instead of the people of the ad actually we show up, this is all speculation.

...yes

...just.. yes..

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only thing that would have made his tweets make sense would have been if all reviews had to be approved by the publishers. If you don't think that's important maybe you forget the whole reason Giantbomb exists. There's also no way in hell that is going to happen.

If it's really only timed media exclusives it's a major overreaction. It's not about getting content out first it's getting great content out at all.

radecau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know where this thread has gone but it's all pretty clear to me what has happened. CBS has been stealing all the new hardware meant for gaming sites to make special effects for NCIS. Here is irrefutable photographic evidence:

No Caption Provided

That maniac is a CBS employee driving a stolen forklift to collect the stolen consoles.

maddman60620

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

And this my friends is why I hate twitter.... Its a place where brain droppings come out of ppls heads and does nothing but make a mess.... It could be pet prevs little this system has frame rate problems which makes it hard to capture of this is coded and can't be captured or you can't show this or you can only use the "share" button and upload 5-15mins at a time... Or maybe its the web news nerds turn to rage and rant about things that grind their gears....

Loading Video...

villainy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So... Has this thread just about embodied the entire GB community yet? Community showcase?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@familyphotoshoot said:
No Caption Provided

#SHOTSFIRED

That dudes a moron who is clearly bitter about his time in the games press.

Because clearly big can only mean one thing. Also its pretty obvious he just hates MS.

Edit: Everyone should just forget about all this until we get some real news on it.

Larger updates tend to mean larger-scale changes in the console. That's not a hard thing to parse out. And though he may be bitter, he does have a point. If Sessler's panic attack is all just because he and Rev3 won't get enough review consoles for their needs provided to them by Sony, that's actually really fucking stupid.

I have no idea what the hell Sessler is talking about, but my suspicion that he's unnecessarily ratcheting up the melodrama for attention-whoring isn't exactly being nullified.