SF4 -> SSF4 incentive?

ono_sendai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By ono_sendai

A while back, I saw an interview with Seth Killian where he said something about a possible incentive for people who already own SF4 to go out and get SSF4.  He wouldn't go into specifics at the time, but alluded that what they were trying to figure something out.  I took this to mean there would be some kind of mechanism that would read your old SF4 save and then unlock some kind of bonus content or costume pack or something like that. 

Obviously, the reduced price point is a nod to we fans, and I think that the momentum behind this game has gotten to the point where we are all going to go out and buy it, regardless of any extras they might throw our way.  

So maybe they've scrapped the idea altogether at this point, but has anyone heard anything?

VicRattlehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By VicRattlehead

@Hay_Wire said:

I took this to mean there would be some kind of mechanism that would read your old SF4 save and then unlock some kind of bonus content or costume pack or something like that.   Obviously,

this is what there doing only you get colour 11 and colour 12...
CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By CaptainObvious

I think he meant that if you own SF4, you can go out and buy SSF4 when it's released. 

AndrewJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By AndrewJD
@VicRattlehead said:
"   @Hay_Wire said:

I took this to mean there would be some kind of mechanism that would read your old SF4 save and then unlock some kind of bonus content or costume pack or something like that.   Obviously,

this is what there doing only you get colour 11 and colour 12... "
This man knows whats up.
Astras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By Astras

Is the online lobby for SSF4 seperate from the current?

VicRattlehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By VicRattlehead
@Astras: yes... yes it is