#1  Edited By Coafi
NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By NoobSauceG7

I would like to see all Team Ico news being related to The Last Guardian...

Panpipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Panpipe

The film will come out before The Last Guardian.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#4  Edited By pyromagnestir

I think this could be very good. I think SOTC is exactly the type of game which could make people realize game to movie conversions can be done, and done well. I mean more than just dumb action type stuff.

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By VierasTalo

I am not entirely opposed to this. I liked Chronicle. The material is ripe for more use, although I'm afraid that this will be more of a direct adaptation of the story rather than a spin-off of sorts. We'll see though.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By landon

@Coafi said:

I would much rather see this if it was an animated film with a Studio Ghibli feel.

That's the greatest idea I have ever heard.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By OllyOxenFree
@Landon said:

@Coafi said:

I would much rather see this if it was an animated film with a Studio Ghibli feel.

That's the greatest idea I have ever heard.

Yes, actually. Something akin to Princess Mononoke. KICKSTART IT!
NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NegativeCero

Him being a fan of the game makes me glad that there is at least a chance of the movie not being immediately crappy.

spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By spiceninja

Chronicle was a really great film but I don't really understand the choice for him to direct it. Obviously they're going to try and make it an action spectacular when it really needs to be like the game.

notdavid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By notdavid

SotC is kind of light on plot. I'm wearing my skeptical hat.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jay444111

@VierasTalo said:

I am not entirely opposed to this. I liked Chronicle. The material is ripe for more use, although I'm afraid that this will be more of a direct adaptation of the story rather than a spin-off of sorts. We'll see though.

Which is really the way it SHOULD be... Hell... Ever see any book to movie adaptions? Most of them suck BECAUSE they don't follow the book. Might as well actually fucking follow it for once and create a great show for both people who read the book and newcomers a like. That damn easy.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#12  Edited By Dagbiker

I dont think animation could get the feel of how massive the Cosli are. Having said that, I hope every one knows that if they do make a film there will be one Colosi in it, And they will condense the rest of the story around one of the fights.

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By Commisar123

I don't know....doesn't seem like the best idea to me

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By lego_my_eggo

@Jay444111 said:

@VierasTalo said:

Which is really the way it SHOULD be... Hell... Ever see any book to movie adaptions? Most of them suck BECAUSE they don't follow the book. Might as well actually fucking follow it for once and create a great show for both people who read the book and newcomers a like. That damn easy.

SotC had very little story, and what was there was open to interpretation. The game had an emotional impact because of the actions of the player and the landscape that made you feel all alone, and not the story that was told. For a movie adaptation to be any good and have the same effect you would have to change a lot about what happened in SotC.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By Phatmac

This is never coming out.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By Justin258

Um... I've never actually played Shadow of the Colossus but a movie about one fellow galloping around the wilderness on his horse and taking out sixteen gigantic (and peaceful) creatures doesn't seem very engaging as a movie.

When will people learn that these things aren't always so readily translatable to a different medium?

On the subject of movies, where the hell are those Akira and Cowboy Bebop live action movies? I am far more interested in seeing how those get handled.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jay444111

@Lego_My_Eggo said:

@Jay444111 said:

@VierasTalo said:

SotC had very little story, and what was there was open to interpretation. The game had an emotional impact because of the actions of the player and the landscape that made you feel all alone, and not the story that was told. For a movie adaptation to be any good and have the same effect you would have to change a lot about what happened in SotC.

Not really. It could be the exact same and it would still be awesome. However I do not support this for the fact that we all know hollywood will piss on it in some way or another.

kashif1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By kashif1

@believer258 said:

On the subject of movies, where the hell are those Akira and Cowboy Bebop live action movies? I am far more interested in seeing how those get handled.

Akira died, thank god to. They were going to set it in new york and make several other huge changes to the plot.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Justin258

@kashif1 said:

@believer258 said:

Akira died, thank god to. They were going to set it in new york and make several other huge changes to the plot.

I know, I wanted to see how it was going to turn out. They were also going to make it a 2-parter and follow the plot of the manga closer.

And yes, I know that's an unpopular thing to say.

BPRJCTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BPRJCTX

@notdavid said:

SotC is kind of light on plot. I'm wearing my skeptical hat.

How amazing would it be if it didn't have any dialogue through most of the movie?

Maybe only some of that God language.

Of course, the money they would need for all the CG, they can't be that artsy about it, so it'll probably look more like any other Summer blockbuster...

But, how amaizng would it be if they gave it to Guillermo Del Toro?

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jay444111

@believer258 said:

@kashif1 said:

@believer258 said:

I know, I wanted to see how it was going to turn out. They were also going to make it a 2-parter and follow the plot of the manga closer.

I would rather see a series based on the Manga happen with the animators from the original movie FAR more than a bunch of whitewashed crap like they were planning.

Also, The Manga I just finished a few days ago... fucking kick ass... kinda ridiculaous on how much Neo-Tokyo gets destroyed though... hell... a black hole would've done less damage!

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Justin258

@Jay444111 said:

@believer258 said:

@kashif1 said:

@believer258 said:

I would rather see a series based on the Manga happen with the animators from the original movie FAR more than a bunch of whitewashed crap like they were planning.

Also, The Manga I just finished a few days ago... fucking kick ass... kinda ridiculaous on how much Neo-Tokyo gets destroyed though... hell... a black hole would've done less damage!

You can't possibly know for sure if they were planning total shit or not unless you, personally, read whatever script they had up. You know, Jay, this attitude of "Japan is TEH BEST!" that you've had here lately is really starting to push my buttons. Japan is not the best at anything, really, they have flaws and strengths the same as the West.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Jay444111

@believer258 said:

@Jay444111 said:

@believer258 said:

@kashif1 said:

@believer258 said:

You can't possibly know for sure if they were planning total shit or not unless you, personally, read whatever script they had up. You know, Jay, this attitude of "Japan is TEH BEST!" that you've had here lately is really starting to push my buttons. Japan is not the best at anything, really, they have flaws and strengths the same as the West.

...But... considering that this was going over just as well as Dragon Ball Evolution there is no way I could support it in any form unless it was actually going to care about the source material which it wasn't from all the scripts they made of it.

Also, I know Japan has flaws when it comes to stuff. Hell... I hate it when an anime ends on a cliffhanger only to discover it was canceled... Or that horrible shit like... Qwuasar exists... (I won't divulge the full name because it is... fucked up.) Or worse yet, Moe shows... sure... there can be a good Moe show... I will fully admit this. But 99% of those ones are crap.

But besides that, I would rather like to see a full on animated series with the same animation team from the original movie more than a live action one which could possibly be even worse than Dragon Ball Evolution.