Shall We Play a Game?

RenegadeSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

Edited By RenegadeSaint

Hey everyone, I hope all is well.  I have some exciting news: For the first time in several months, I have a bit of free time.  So, I want to play some games!  If anyone is up for some gaming tonight, or any night this week, let me know and we can play a bit.  I've got most of the popular multiplayer games with the exception of the Call of Duty series, so let me know if you're interested.  Also, if you see me online, feel free to send me an invite.

In the scattered bit of time I've had for gaming, I was finally able to finish Starcraft: Brood War.  That game is significantly harder than the original and the final mission is quite a challenge.  I'm glad to be done with it and now I feel a lot more comfortable playing online matches.  Bring on SC2! Other than that, Chrono Trigger (DS) has been getting a bit of love every now and then.  The really remarkable thing about that game is how it just gets better and better as it goes.  When you first start, the time travel is novel, but doesn't blow you away.  However, as you keep going you're constantly exposed to situations in which you affect the course of history and discover a deeper meaning to the world's happenings.  Truly a beautiful game.

In other news, my Beyond Good & Evil video feature should go up tomorrow.  Once again, this will just be a video of me playing and narrating.  I've never played through this game before, so it will be first impressions and genuine reactions to everything that is going on.  If you're interested in the game, give it a watch.  I've also got some other blogs in the works for later in this week, so expect to hear more from me.

`Nick

P.S. Also, this:

RenegadeSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By RenegadeSaint

Hey everyone, I hope all is well.  I have some exciting news: For the first time in several months, I have a bit of free time.  So, I want to play some games!  If anyone is up for some gaming tonight, or any night this week, let me know and we can play a bit.  I've got most of the popular multiplayer games with the exception of the Call of Duty series, so let me know if you're interested.  Also, if you see me online, feel free to send me an invite.

In the scattered bit of time I've had for gaming, I was finally able to finish Starcraft: Brood War.  That game is significantly harder than the original and the final mission is quite a challenge.  I'm glad to be done with it and now I feel a lot more comfortable playing online matches.  Bring on SC2! Other than that, Chrono Trigger (DS) has been getting a bit of love every now and then.  The really remarkable thing about that game is how it just gets better and better as it goes.  When you first start, the time travel is novel, but doesn't blow you away.  However, as you keep going you're constantly exposed to situations in which you affect the course of history and discover a deeper meaning to the world's happenings.  Truly a beautiful game.

In other news, my Beyond Good & Evil video feature should go up tomorrow.  Once again, this will just be a video of me playing and narrating.  I've never played through this game before, so it will be first impressions and genuine reactions to everything that is going on.  If you're interested in the game, give it a watch.  I've also got some other blogs in the works for later in this week, so expect to hear more from me.

`Nick

P.S. Also, this:

Ryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Ryu

I thought you were quoting Jigsaw for a minute there.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Gizmo
Ryu said:
"I thought you were quoting Jigsaw for a minute there."
Same here.
RenegadeSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RenegadeSaint

@Ryu and Gizmo:  Actually, I was going for WarGames...

Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Bullet_Jr
RenegadeSaint said:
"@Ryu and Gizmo:  Actually, I was going for WarGames..."
I got the reference after I saw the Youtube thumbnail but I too thought this was a Jigsaw quote.
RenegadeSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RenegadeSaint

I guess I'm getting to be an old codger, referencing a movie from the early 80s.

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By teh_destroyer

Do you have XBL by chance RS?I would'n't mind doing some gaming with you if thats an option.

RenegadeSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RenegadeSaint

@destroyer:  Yes, I do.  My GT is RenegadeSaint.  Send me a friend request and we'll game.

dogbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By dogbox

I'm not sure if I should seek that movie out or avoid it the rest of my life! Can't wait for the BG&E feature, everytime I see a clip of it I always go back and play through it.

RenegadeSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RenegadeSaint

@Scheds: You should definitely watch it.  Wargames is awesome.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By brukaoru

I thought it was a Saw reference at first as well. :P I think I've heard about WarGames before, but have never seen it. Sounds like something worth checking out.