Shameless List: The Beatles: Rock Band Wish List, Part 1

MSG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

Edited By MSG
I wouldn't consider myself a rabid Beatles fan by any measure. As a student of popular music I'm more inclined to think that someone of my age can't be a rabid Beatles fan in this day. It would be sort of like someone saying they're a die hard Shakespeare fan. Similar to a literati's feelings about Shakespeare, I truly enjoy The Beatles' work and respect the vast contributions they've made to popular music, but not having lived while they were actually a functional band I can't feel comfortable calling myself a huge fan.

That being said, I am, however, a rabid Rock Band fan and am of course eagerly awaiting The Beatles themed installment slated for release in September. I've put together a list of 45 songs - the originally reported number of tracks in the game - I would put into a Beatles game. This list is by no means an attempt at a prediction, although I would bet that my list and the real thing will have many similarities, nor is it a list of my favorite Beatles songs, many of those just wouldn't make sense in a Rock Band game, "Blue Jay Way" or "A Day In The Life" for example. I'll be rolling it out in three installments, each listing the tracks from four albums, except part three which will include five albums, and the singles from those albums' time period.

And with that out of the way, here we go:

Please Please Me(1963):

With The Beatles
(1963)

A Hard Day's Night
(1964)

Beatles For Sale
(1964)

Part 2 will include tracks from Help!, Rubber Soul,Revolver, and Sergeant Pepper's as well as a couple of single only releases.

What songs would you include?  How much do you hate my list?  Discuss please.

MSG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By MSG
I wouldn't consider myself a rabid Beatles fan by any measure. As a student of popular music I'm more inclined to think that someone of my age can't be a rabid Beatles fan in this day. It would be sort of like someone saying they're a die hard Shakespeare fan. Similar to a literati's feelings about Shakespeare, I truly enjoy The Beatles' work and respect the vast contributions they've made to popular music, but not having lived while they were actually a functional band I can't feel comfortable calling myself a huge fan.

That being said, I am, however, a rabid Rock Band fan and am of course eagerly awaiting The Beatles themed installment slated for release in September. I've put together a list of 45 songs - the originally reported number of tracks in the game - I would put into a Beatles game. This list is by no means an attempt at a prediction, although I would bet that my list and the real thing will have many similarities, nor is it a list of my favorite Beatles songs, many of those just wouldn't make sense in a Rock Band game, "Blue Jay Way" or "A Day In The Life" for example. I'll be rolling it out in three installments, each listing the tracks from four albums, except part three which will include five albums, and the singles from those albums' time period.

And with that out of the way, here we go:

Please Please Me(1963):

With The Beatles
(1963)

A Hard Day's Night
(1964)

Beatles For Sale
(1964)

Part 2 will include tracks from Help!, Rubber Soul,Revolver, and Sergeant Pepper's as well as a couple of single only releases.

What songs would you include?  How much do you hate my list?  Discuss please.

Linkster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Linkster

I'm not really particular about what they choose from that period, the important stuff for me is the the later "Sgt. Pepper" "Abbey Road" years.

So post the next part and we'll talk :P