Shipping a Gaming PC Across the Country (Canada)

triumvir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

So, I'm moving across Canada next week. I'm really only taking a handful of things with me, but I'd like one of them to be my gaming rig. I'm not driving, so my only real option of getting such a large piece of equipment to my new place is by having it shipped, but I'm not sure what my best option would be or which shipping service would be the safest for this sort of thing. Honestly, I'm not even sure what the best way to pack it would be.

If you duders have some experience with shipping a PC long distances, I'd appreciate the input.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Corevi

Take it in a bag on the flight if you can.

triumvir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@corruptedevil: The case is pretty large and the carry-on restrictions for the airline I'm using preclude me doing this.

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Always always keep the box and packing inserts that come with your case or pre-built tower. That shit is super handy to have if you ever need to ship your pc. Im gonna assume you dont have the box so I would suggest you have whoever you choose to ship your pc box it up for you.

Make sure you remove anything that could become loose in transport. You dont want your gfx card floppin around inside.

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Remove any cards in your expansion slots and box them separately, especially the video card. I also suggest possibly detaching the CPU heatsink/fan as well. (but you may want to reapply thermal paste when you reassemble it) Finally, get a good shipping service and make sure it is insured in case anything does happen.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

If it's really a big heavy rig then maybe you'll want to ship it cargo with Air Canada rather than as a parcel through a delivery service.

Avatar image for deactivated-58ca104190dca
deactivated-58ca104190dca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Can you remove the important internals, take them with you & buy a new case/power supply where you end up? It's how I moved my gaming rig to Canada when I arrived from New Zealand.