Shopto.net

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By pompouspizza

I pre ordered Cryrsis 2 & Metal gear rising and the other day they took the money for both, and usually you get an email detailing your order after the account charge which I never got, then today I checked my account and it said the orders are completed, so I called them and the guy said if it says they are completed it means they have been dispatched and that I would get the emails at soon. Now i know I'm more than likely being paranoid but because I still have not received the emails does that mean something could be wrong?

I aplogise for the long post, just curious.

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

I actually had the exact same thing happen with Pokémon White 2 this week, I know they've been going through some site upgrades so it could just be that our emails got lost that way? Apparently mine is complete but if it doesn't show up tomorrow I'm going to have words.

Good luck getting your orders!

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

What a shitty url, I'd be worried, but I wouldn't have bought from them in the first place.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

I sometimes don't get an email until the day after it's been sent/ day it arrives. I haven't used them as much recently seeing as I've found cheaper places. @kidavenger: They have the worst website. It barely works for me, but they're great for getting games before release.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By pompouspizza

@kidavenger: They're a very good site, I have used them for a while.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gunstarred: I have never had any problems with the site, it's always worked for me. So even when you didn't get the email everything was alright? I could look at the pictures of my parcels on the site so I assume everything's fine.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

@pompouspizza: I've never not had them ship a new game before release, I have always received the games I have bought from them on time. Doesn't matter if there has been an email or not.

Yeah, I have real difficulty logging into it at times and the screen layout is often broken whatever browser I use.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#8  Edited By Yummylee

Funny that you mention that because I'm in the exact same situation with my Revengeance preorder from shopto... They've never not sent me an email, though, so I'm also a little sceptical myself. If I still haven't received it by Friday then I'll call up to see wtf is going on, but for now I'll chalk it up to a bug or something. They've been incredibly reliable in the past and I've had no issues so I don't want to jump the gun.

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidavenger: Shopto is actually one of the best sites to buy games from. Usually a couple pounds cheaper than other online retailers and they almost always arrive a few days before release. Shopto easily beats out Amazon, GAME, HMV, etc.

It's a real shame their site looks so badly put together though.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

@petiew said:

@kidavenger: Shopto is actually one of the best sites to buy games from. Usually a couple pounds cheaper than other online retailers and they almost always arrive a few days before release. Shopto easily beats out Amazon, GAME, HMV, etc.

It's a real shame their site looks so badly put together though.

indeedly. Plus it often goes through fits where everything takes forever to load.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems a bit on the slow side, but I've seen far more shady sites if we're just to judge the looks.

fraser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I've never had any problems with ShopTo and I've been using them for over 3 years.

I actually preordered Persona 4 Golden from them yesterday, and it arrived today despite not being released until Friday. Their website is peculiar though. They even let you see a photograph of your parcel before they dispatch it!

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee: To be fair I did call them and they said it's nothing to worry about, I was only skeptical because I still have not received the email but since I'm not the only one I'm not too worried. Does it say your order has been completed too?

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fraser: Yeah I have always found that odd, still think it's really cool that they take a picture.