#201 Posted by Solh0und (1765 posts) -
@IBurningStar said:
" This is tasteless, kind of offensive, and is nowhere near professional. Good thing I have never taken G4 seriously. "
Agreed. This show was good before 2004 came around....you know back when it was called Extended Play.
#202 Posted by bartok (2469 posts) -

I just realized that this whole Homefront review thing is the most I have thought about G4 in years.  How many people went so far as to see if they had G4 on their cable system after this story?  How many of those people turned on G4 ?   I know I did and just in time to see some drunk guy in a wife beater get arrested on Cops.
  X-Play should really think about doing more offensive reviews. They are going to have a bunch of 3DS games to review and Nintendo is in Japan.  Just get Gilbert Gottfried to do a guest review.  What about the upcoming installment of  Madden ?  I am sure there is room for a Jimmy The Greek reference about why African Americans are good athletes.  I bet for their WWE All-Stars review they could fit in some Chris Benoit references.    The possibilities are endless.

#203 Edited by Black_Rose (7785 posts) -

Isn't the games' version of America pretty weak because of devastation and economic problems though? That kinda makes the notion of a Korean invasion more plausible and also makes his review completely and utterly wrong. Seems like they didn't even play the game 

#204 Edited by ChampionOfTheWorld (40 posts) -

What an idiot. 99% of premises in video games are absurd, because you know...it's fiction. 

However, I think firing the guy is too extreme. Just tell him to tone it down.

#205 Posted by McGriddle550 (285 posts) -

Why can't The Sess move to Giant Bomb so I never have to think about G4 again. I'd also take Blair Butler for Comic Vine.

#206 Posted by Hansolol (408 posts) -

Everyone on G4 should be fired except for Sessler, Morgan and Kevin(is he still there?).  It's pretty obvious the other on-screen "talent" don't play games.

#207 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
@Dany said:
" that was unnecessary for him to rant about. Fired, naw but it was tasteless "
Pretty much this, even if the game had it coming in terms of the "this premise is utter shit." That's definitely not the way to handle it.
#208 Posted by Brians (1461 posts) -

no

#209 Posted by blueduck (964 posts) -

I'm not really sure what's offensive about what he's saying.

#210 Posted by BRINKTheMovieMyFavoriteMovie (147 posts) -

If you're one of the people who don't understand why this is bad and extremely unprofessional (or worse, one of the ones who actually admitted they thought it was kind of funny) then you're probably just as bad as the guy.

#211 Posted by blueduck (964 posts) -
@BRINKTheMovieMyFavoriteMovie said:
" If you're one of the people who don't understand why this is bad and extremely unprofessional (or worse, one of the ones who actually admitted they thought it was kind of funny) then you're probably just as bad as the guy. "
Unprofessional? It's a comedy Video game review so that's a terrible argument. It's not funny in the sense that it's just not that funny but I fail to see what's offensive about it.
#212 Posted by Andorski (5287 posts) -
@BRINKTheMovieMyFavoriteMovie said:
" If you're one of the people who don't understand why this is bad and extremely unprofessional (or worse, one of the ones who actually admitted they thought it was kind of funny) then you're probably just as bad as the guy. "
Video games often depict realistic violence on characters representing real people/groups of people.  Why is it that we can enjoy such fictional violence, but we can't laugh at it?
#213 Posted by Andorski (5287 posts) -
@blueduck said:
" @BRINKTheMovieMyFavoriteMovie said:
Unprofessional? It's a comedy Video game review so that's a terrible argument. It's not funny in the sense that it's just not that funny but I fail to see what's offensive about it. "
I think it's pretty easy to see what's offensive about it.  But with the vast majority of video game interaction being based on the enjoyment of violence, it's hard to take an ethical stance against the issue without looking hypocritical.
#214 Posted by blueduck (964 posts) -
@Andorski said:
" @blueduck said:
" @BRINKTheMovieMyFavoriteMovie said:
Unprofessional? It's a comedy Video game review so that's a terrible argument. It's not funny in the sense that it's just not that funny but I fail to see what's offensive about it. "
I think it's pretty easy to see what's offensive about it.  But with the vast majority of video game interaction being based on the enjoyment of violence, it's hard to take an ethical stance against the issue without looking hypocritical. "
No I really can't see what's offensive about this. If someone could explain it would be very helpful because what I heard was something that could easily make it onto network tv without a problem let alone the internet. 
#215 Posted by Tonic7 (238 posts) -

He could have easily said, "The story is totally implausible" and moved right along with the review. It's a shame he felt compelled to deliver that "humor," which was little more than cliched ramblings that any 15-year old could have compiled.

#216 Posted by Theresonlyone (190 posts) -

Aww. This guy think's he is Jeremy Clarkson or who ever the american counterpart is (Glen Beck maybe sorry i'm english). Reguardless he sounds like a twat.

#217 Posted by dungbootle (2457 posts) -

No. That was kind of out of line though.

#218 Posted by Warchief (657 posts) -

I honestly dont see what the problem is. 

#219 Posted by yyZiggurat (1015 posts) -

The entire thing was unfunny.

#220 Posted by Brockly46 (645 posts) -
@Jimbo said:
" I hope Korea invades G4. "