Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By Solh0und
@IBurningStar said:
" This is tasteless, kind of offensive, and is nowhere near professional. Good thing I have never taken G4 seriously. "
Agreed. This show was good before 2004 came around....you know back when it was called Extended Play.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

I just realized that this whole Homefront review thing is the most I have thought about G4 in years.  How many people went so far as to see if they had G4 on their cable system after this story?  How many of those people turned on G4 ?   I know I did and just in time to see some drunk guy in a wife beater get arrested on Cops.
  X-Play should really think about doing more offensive reviews. They are going to have a bunch of 3DS games to review and Nintendo is in Japan.  Just get Gilbert Gottfried to do a guest review.  What about the upcoming installment of  Madden ?  I am sure there is room for a Jimmy The Greek reference about why African Americans are good athletes.  I bet for their WWE All-Stars review they could fit in some Chris Benoit references.    The possibilities are endless.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#203  Edited By Black_Rose

Isn't the games' version of America pretty weak because of devastation and economic problems though? That kinda makes the notion of a Korean invasion more plausible and also makes his review completely and utterly wrong. Seems like they didn't even play the game 

Avatar image for championoftheworld
ChampionOfTheWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What an idiot. 99% of premises in video games are absurd, because you know...it's fiction. 

However, I think firing the guy is too extreme. Just tell him to tone it down.

McGriddle550

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#205  Edited By McGriddle550

Why can't The Sess move to Giant Bomb so I never have to think about G4 again. I'd also take Blair Butler for Comic Vine.

hansolol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#206  Edited By hansolol

Everyone on G4 should be fired except for Sessler, Morgan and Kevin(is he still there?).  It's pretty obvious the other on-screen "talent" don't play games.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#207  Edited By Video_Game_King
@Dany said:
" that was unnecessary for him to rant about. Fired, naw but it was tasteless "
Pretty much this, even if the game had it coming in terms of the "this premise is utter shit." That's definitely not the way to handle it.
Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#208  Edited By Brians

no

blueduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By blueduck

I'm not really sure what's offensive about what he's saying.

Avatar image for brinkthemoviemyfavoritemovie
BRINKTheMovieMyFavoriteMovie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you're one of the people who don't understand why this is bad and extremely unprofessional (or worse, one of the ones who actually admitted they thought it was kind of funny) then you're probably just as bad as the guy.

blueduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By blueduck
@BRINKTheMovieMyFavoriteMovie said:
" If you're one of the people who don't understand why this is bad and extremely unprofessional (or worse, one of the ones who actually admitted they thought it was kind of funny) then you're probably just as bad as the guy. "
Unprofessional? It's a comedy Video game review so that's a terrible argument. It's not funny in the sense that it's just not that funny but I fail to see what's offensive about it.
Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By Andorski
@BRINKTheMovieMyFavoriteMovie said:
" If you're one of the people who don't understand why this is bad and extremely unprofessional (or worse, one of the ones who actually admitted they thought it was kind of funny) then you're probably just as bad as the guy. "
Video games often depict realistic violence on characters representing real people/groups of people.  Why is it that we can enjoy such fictional violence, but we can't laugh at it?
Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By Andorski
@blueduck said:
" @BRINKTheMovieMyFavoriteMovie said:
Unprofessional? It's a comedy Video game review so that's a terrible argument. It's not funny in the sense that it's just not that funny but I fail to see what's offensive about it. "
I think it's pretty easy to see what's offensive about it.  But with the vast majority of video game interaction being based on the enjoyment of violence, it's hard to take an ethical stance against the issue without looking hypocritical.
blueduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By blueduck
@Andorski said:
" @blueduck said:
" @BRINKTheMovieMyFavoriteMovie said:
Unprofessional? It's a comedy Video game review so that's a terrible argument. It's not funny in the sense that it's just not that funny but I fail to see what's offensive about it. "
I think it's pretty easy to see what's offensive about it.  But with the vast majority of video game interaction being based on the enjoyment of violence, it's hard to take an ethical stance against the issue without looking hypocritical. "
No I really can't see what's offensive about this. If someone could explain it would be very helpful because what I heard was something that could easily make it onto network tv without a problem let alone the internet. 
Tonic7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By Tonic7

He could have easily said, "The story is totally implausible" and moved right along with the review. It's a shame he felt compelled to deliver that "humor," which was little more than cliched ramblings that any 15-year old could have compiled.

Theresonlyone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By Theresonlyone

Aww. This guy think's he is Jeremy Clarkson or who ever the american counterpart is (Glen Beck maybe sorry i'm english). Reguardless he sounds like a twat.

dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By dungbootle

No. That was kind of out of line though.

warchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By warchief

I honestly dont see what the problem is. 

yyZiggurat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By yyZiggurat

The entire thing was unfunny.

Brockly46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers