Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

I feel this game gets the cold shoulder at GB, the last game Fifa 12 has a metacritic rating of 90, has sold over 10 million copies including 1.5 in USA and is just a great free flowing game.

mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By mnzy

Maybe the same way they cover Madden...

Willtron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Willtron

None of the guys like soccer. So if you want a 'proper' coverage? God no. If it can produce something like the Madden 13 quick look? Sure?

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@Willtron: It would, I didnt like soccer before I started playing co-op Fifa 10 with my mates, I then went and brought it so we could play online, then I stopped playing COD and started playing ALOT of FIFA learning new tricks, tactics and just how to shoot better. This lead me to start watching Premier League and pretty much watching every game of the World Cup. It just made me understand and appreciate soccer because it was just a great video game and I didnt even need to like soccer at the time to appreciate that.

mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mnzy

Yea the game is actually really good, barely any game does what you can do online with your selfmade teams and leveled up characters, it's great.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By ShadowConqueror

Nah.

Slay3r1583

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Slay3r1583

Yes, but it has to be Vinny and Jeff doing the Quick Look. The NCAA and Madden ones were hilarious.

JCTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By JCTango

@Bourbon_Warrior:

All you need to know about FIFA:

FIFA (click to animate)
FIFA (click to animate)

JK. :) I wouldn't mind a quick look and a review. Not too sure about TNT though.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#10  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

If they feel like they can give the game the proper attention it deserves, I guess so. Really I'm just not into sports games but there's still not a whole lot coming out right now.

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

The only unbelievable part of that gif is carrol scored!

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RazielCuts

The problem with this is they don't like football, then if they get bullied into doing it and they do a QL of it, the comments will just be 'oh what are they doing, they don't know anything, waaaah' so they're damned if they do, damned if they don't. IF the GB audience could take it in its stride like the Madden QL then yeah, it could work, I don't know anything about American Football but found that QL funny so yeah, the same treatment, cool, just don't go in unfairly expecting critical analysis.

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@RazielCuts: But football is too simple, Dont go past the last man or your offside, dont tackle without the ball and put the ball in the net to score!

drshilliams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By drshilliams

Definitely. It'd be hilarious if nothing else.

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

Also if anyone keen to play some pro clubs on Fifa 12, send me a PM im on 360.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#16  Edited By Hizang
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@Hizang: Haha yeah I remember that, he played that on super super easy.

thebipsnbeeps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By thebipsnbeeps

Yeah, I like soccer enough to know whether I wanna try the video game or not. Brad Shoemaker and "Brad Shoemaker" needs to be in the quick look.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By JoeyRavn

@JCTango: I can't stop giggling like a little girl. You win the thread, good sir.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By Deranged

GiantBomb sucks at covering sports games in general, I'd rather they stick to merely a short Quick Look if anything.

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By Binman88

I'm a bit surprised none of them have bothered learning how to play it, considering its popularity. The basics are fairly simple, and football is not exactly a complicated sport to understand either.

Anyway, I dunno who a quicklook would serve. The people who like football games probably know enough about the franchise to know if they should buy it or not, and there's nothing really funny about someone playing a game they don't know how to play and saying "....what?" every time something doesn't work the way they expect. They're better off leaving it be, or bringing in someone who knows to play it for a brief 10 or 15 minute quicklook showing off any new stuff, and playing a quick match.

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Seedofpower

No, it isn't going to be as funny.

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

you havent played a game of fifa then, there are many funny moments with the physics, red cards and celebrations.

@Binman88: its just weird that they only cover Madden, where as FIFA out sells it and there are alot of European members.

elyk247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 25

#24  Edited By elyk247

I would love to see a quick look, but they could be really busy with other stuff. September is a busy month this year.

JCTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By JCTango

@JCTango said:

@Bourbon_Warrior:

All you need to know about FIFA:

FIFA (click to animate)
FIFA (click to animate)

JK. :) I wouldn't mind a quick look and a review. Not too sure about TNT though.

@JoeyRavn said:

@JCTango: I can't stop giggling like a little girl. You win the thread, good sir.

HAHA, me too... so randomly hilarious. I can't take credit though, someone linked that to me, and it just so happens FIFA 13 was talked about the very same minute.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#26  Edited By ajamafalous
@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@Binman88: its just weird that they only cover Madden, where as FIFA out sells it and there are alot of European members.

That's because 90% of America doesn't give a shit about soccer.
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@ajamafalous said:

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

Not true when the Womens World Cup final broke twitter trending records in america.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ajamafalous
@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@ajamafalous said:

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

Not true when the Womens World Cup final broke twitter trending records in america.

No, it's definitely true. Those are called fair-weather fans. Do you think anyone in America gives a shit about any Olympic sports (aside from Basketball) at any time in between the Olympics? It's a showing of national pride, nothing more.
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

Yeah, anyway their are alot more users on this site than Americans. Plus can't take you seriously with your wrestling avatar.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ajamafalous
@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@ajamafalous Yeah, anyway their are alot more users on this site than Americans. Plus can't take you seriously with your wrestling avatar.

It's still run by four American guys who really don't care, and who live in a country that really doesn't care. If it gets anything it'll get a Madden-style QL and that's probably it. Dunno if Alex even knows enough about soccer to review it. There are a ton of JRPG fans here and they apparently get shit on all the time but you don't see the GB crew attempting to change that at all. It sounds like you're finally on the receiving end of that and you're taking it personally.

Also, lol at you being that shallow. Maybe you missed this thread?
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@ajamafalous: On the recieving end how exactly? I get you hate soccer its the way Americans are brought up,but saying it sucks when you enjoy steroided up greasy men acting out karma sutra infront of thousands of rednecks that is the real joke.

Avatar image for deactivated-616d38c07628a
deactivated-616d38c07628a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah sure why not....

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#34  Edited By Baillie

I gotta say, FIFA is a fucking huge game, and Jeff has stated that he wants to showcase things that a large number of their users will be interested in, FIFA falls under this category. It doesn't matter if it isn't as big as American Football over there, but it's still the biggest sport in the world.

WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35  Edited By WalkerTR77

A FIFA quick look would be great, it's such an unintentionally hilarious game and I think the guys ignorance of football would only add to that. FIFA is bigger than Madden and a lot of non US giantbomb fans play FIFA.

I don't really want the quick look to be the first time they play it though, it would be much more entertaining if they had a bit of experience first. Not knowing how to shoot/cross wouldn't be funny, just frustrating to watch.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ajamafalous
@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@ajamafalous: On the recieving end how exactly? I get you hate soccer its the way Americans are brought up,but saying it sucks when you enjoy steroided up greasy men acting out karma sutra infront of thousands of rednecks that is the real joke.

Please quote the post where I insulted soccer in any way.
Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Doctorchimp

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

Dude...I know you're in Europe and everything...

But man we really don't care about soccer in America.

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@Doctorchimp said:

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

New Zealand actually.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Doctorchimp

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@Doctorchimp said:

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

New Zealand actually.

You guys are definitely more European than anything cause that's where all the prisoners were sent to. I couldn't even imagine going out to eat and fighting a dingo every time.

SpacePenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By SpacePenguin

The thing is they have no interest in it so it might just end up being a half assed quick-look that they would'nt enjoy doing and people would'nt enjoy watching. I would like to see a quick-look of it, proably no point in a review though.

Master_Funk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Master_Funk

Yeah it is weird that they cover some sports games but leave out what is widely regarded as the best of them all. But they have shown their ignorant hate towards football on numerous occasions so I probably wouldn't want a review from them. They are probably aware that if they include sports games in their GOTY stuff, they will get endless hate about not including FIFA , so I'm glad they don't.

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@Doctorchimp said:

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@Doctorchimp said:

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

New Zealand actually.

You guys are definitely more European than anything cause that's where all the prisoners were sent to. I couldn't even imagine going out to eat and fighting a dingo every time.

Can't tell if serious? You thinking about Australia! But yes we were settled by the English so i'll give you that but Rugby is all anyone cares about here.

It's not about if Americans like football or not it's about this is one of the highest selling most accaimed games each year and getting no coverage on GB, just need to review it as any other game, is it good or not is the question.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Baillie

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@Doctorchimp said:

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@Doctorchimp said:

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

New Zealand actually.

Can't tell if serious? You thinking about Australia! But yes we were settled by the English so i'll give you that but Rugby is all anyone cares about here.

It's not about if Americans like football or not it's about this is one of the highest selling most accaimed games each year and getting no coverage on GB, just need to review it as any other game, is it good or not is the question.

I wouldn't say reviewing is a path they should go down, they have no knowledge if it's good or not, you know? They should get someone who is somewhat knowledgeable about this and get him to get on it! Or, you know, when I get it I'll have Quick Look in the vein of Giant Bomb, with an actual review that will be better than what the staff could ever do.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Doctorchimp

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@Doctorchimp said:

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@Doctorchimp said:

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

New Zealand actually.

But you're missing the point....they really couldn't give a shit less about it.

Dude what do you need to know about FIFA? There's a soccer ball in it and Messi is on the cover, you're going to buy it. Why do you need more coverage? For some vindication as the guys don't say anything interesting because they don't know anything about soccer?

Look at our MLS teams man. Do you know why they cover baseball games? Because they like baseball.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45  Edited By myke_tuna

The guys have no real interest in the game, so they'll never do more than a quick look about it. A review would probably be the most you'd get out of them.

But never a deep, thoughtful introspective about the game and it's systems. They'd rather save that for something they're really passionate about. Usually something "dumb".

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@Doctorchimp: haha no im not, FIFA reviews and QL bring people to the site. It's just a poll and 66% say they should thats the reason for this post.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Doctorchimp

@Baillie said:

They should get someone who is somewhat knowledgeable about this and get him to get on it!

Congrats you killed giantbomb.

Now we have a douchebag sports games guy who's only job is to review FIFA and NHL and he's a complete asshole who isn't funny that makes fun of the guy who's only job is to review obscure JRPGs.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Baillie

@Doctorchimp said:

@Baillie said:

They should get someone who is somewhat knowledgeable about this and get him to get on it!

Now we have a douchebag sports games guy who's only job is to review FIFA and NHL and he's a complete asshole who isn't funny that makes fun of the guy who's only job is to review obscure JRPGs.

Brian Ekberg says fuck you.

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@Doctorchimp said:

@Baillie said:

I dont see why you need a sports guy. It's just a video game like every other video game, is it good is the only thing people need to know. I didnt really know anything about "soccer" before FIFA 10 now I watch pretty much any football I can, the game was so fun that it got me into the real sport!

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Doctorchimp

@Baillie: Oh that one guy who'd probably be alright that went to Forza? Sure what a perfect fit that turned out to be...