Should Giant Bomb have more articles & video content on weekends.

• 52 results
Masha2932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Masha2932

The Content on Giant Bomb is really great, but on the weekends (Saturday and Sunday) the site is basically dead. While there is some decent participation in the forums on these days, it's just not enough for me.  
I know Giant Bomb are not a blog site so I don't expect constant updates or puff pieces on gaming weddings, proposals etc but maybe they could schedule some quick looks  and feature articles to post on Saturdays and Sundays.  They could even have more intern content during off days. 

I don't think the staff work on weekends but I expect  there is an automatic way to push content on the weekend? 

These are just my thoughts. What do you guys think? Should there be more weekend content and if so what should it be?

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FluxWaveZ

It wouldn't hurt.

adz117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By adz117

I agree, I often come to Giant Bomb totally forgetting it is the weekend and get bummed out when there is nothing here I haven't seen. Saving a quick look or something for the weekend would be nice.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Yes, and the Postal Service should work on Sundays, and any one of many other things that should be.

That doesn't mean it's economically or realistically feasible.

Yeah, I do agree, it'd be great if there was more stuff on weekends, but come on, we shouldn't be on a gaming website on weekends, we should be playing games! Right?

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Dany

I'd much prefer them posting stuff during the week instead of holding on to it for a weekend.

ssj4raditz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By ssj4raditz

No, I have to use the weekends to catch up. If they do more content, I'll fall woefully behind!

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

Not a bad idea at all.

Aishan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Aishan

Since they don't actually work weekends (for the most part), they'd just be holding back content they could otherwise push out earlier in the week. I just don't see a good reason for holding it back if it's already good to go (and not under embargo.)

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By Claude

Let the worker bees have a weekend. Just have your ass back here on Monday.

LiquidS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By LiquidS

Makes sense to me. Hold back content so people have a reason to visit the site 7 days a week rather than just Monday - Friday.

Why have 6hrs of video on Thursday and Zero on Sunday? It is sometimes tricky to find videos released earlier in the week, especially the Premium member stuff, for me anyways. Or I just forget about it.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By Lukeweizer

They're allowed to have time off.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#12  Edited By SMTDante89

Unless it's some groundbreaking news or something they felt like doing, I don't think they should be required to post a bunch of things on the weekend. Let them have the weekend to rest and relax and come back renewed on Monday.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By nintendoeats

Do I want it? Sure. Is there anyway to do it that makes sense? I can't think of one.

Jothel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jothel

but they already do post videos etc on weekends...

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#15  Edited By Hailinel

They do provide the occasional content on weekends. That being said, the staff deserves time off like everyone else.

oldschool2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By oldschool2112

No let them have a life. Or read less GB during the weak.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#17  Edited By Dagbiker

If they post content on weekends, it should all be subscriber content.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BraveToaster

Maybe they want to, you know, have some time off from work every now and then. If you want more content you should subscribe.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19  Edited By crusader8463

Heh. I made this thread a long time ago myself. My suggestion was for them to hold back a few QL's, or something similar, for the weekends when they have weeks with a glut of content.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20  Edited By dichemstys

Yeah, it'd be nice but I totally don't expect them to have a seven day work week either. Like a few people here have said, maybe just holding stuff back and letting it go on a Saturday or something would be pretty cool.

Bratcher_Lev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Bratcher_Lev

@Claude said:

williamhenry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By williamhenry

@Claude said:

Nobody is saying they should work weekends. Some are just suggesting they spread out content over the entire week, not just Monday - Friday.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#23  Edited By Claude
@WilliamHenry said:

@Claude said:

Nobody is saying they should work weekends. Some are just suggesting they spread out content over the entire week, not just Monday - Friday.

I look more toward the community on weekends. You see some good stuff come around.
Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Branthog

No. The staff, they want the best of stuff for us. But on the weekends, they got to do what's right for them. Because it's their time. Their time! Up there! Down here, it's our time. It's our time down here. That's all over the second we ride up Troy's bucket.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#25  Edited By ajamafalous

You guys, obviously people don't want them to work on weekends, they just want them to hold back a thing or two to post on Saturday/Sunday.

OldGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By OldGuy

Yes, they should hold off posting stuff during the week so that people will complain how little they post during the week.

Cheetozs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Cheetozs

@Masha2932 said:

The Content on Giant Bomb is really great, but on the weekends (Saturday and Sunday) the site is basically dead. While there is some decent participation in the forums on these days, it's just not enough for me. I know Giant Bomb are not a blog site so I don't expect constant updates or puff pieces on gaming weddings, proposals etc but maybe they could schedule some quick looks and feature articles to post on Saturdays and Sundays. They could even have more intern content during off days. I don't think the staff work on weekends but I expect there is an automatic way to push content on the weekend? These are just my thoughts. What do you guys think? Should there be more weekend content and if so what should it be?

I'm with you on this one brother! I love me some giantbomb and having a little more on the weekend makes it that much nicer. Even though this is a good idea, I do not expect the GB crew to toss in some extra man hours. They do a great job as it is and spend too much time underground with their vitamin D pills.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Barrock

Wish they would hold some stuff back for Saturday and Sunday.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#29  Edited By AndrewB

Whenever Brad isn't in the room, everyone else should be asking "where's Brad?"

nights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By nights

Give the crew a break. They're already pumping out a lot of content and it's only going to get busier during the next few months. Obviously every one would love more content but they aren't robots.

Masha2932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Masha2932
@Cheetozs said:

@Masha2932 said:

The Content on Giant Bomb is really great, but on the weekends (Saturday and Sunday) the site is basically dead. While there is some decent participation in the forums on these days, it's just not enough for me. I know Giant Bomb are not a blog site so I don't expect constant updates or puff pieces on gaming weddings, proposals etc but maybe they could schedule some quick looks and feature articles to post on Saturdays and Sundays. They could even have more intern content during off days. I don't think the staff work on weekends but I expect there is an automatic way to push content on the weekend? These are just my thoughts. What do you guys think? Should there be more weekend content and if so what should it be?

I'm with you on this one brother! I love me some giantbomb and having a little more on the weekend makes it that much nicer. Even though this is a good idea, I do not expect the GB crew to toss in some extra man hours. They do a great job as it is and spend too much time underground with their vitamin D pills.

Thanks. I believe it's important to provide constructive criticism for something you like. Also I wasn't really advocating that the crew work on weekends, maybe they could do it automatically. I'm not a tech whiz but i'm sure they could somehow push content on the site through certain computer programs. 
greennoodles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By greennoodles

Um, instead of them holding stuff back couldn't you just be a rational human being and say "self, I know I am going to want to watch something this weekend, so I am going to save this quick look for then"? I mean you said a couple times that you don't think they have to do more work, just hold some of the stuff back for weekends so it's not like you would get any more content if they randomly held some videos for the weekend.

If you want to discuss the business behind holding stuff so they get more traffic on the weekends, thats one thing, but if it is just so you have something to watch on Sunday, have a little self control man.

superpow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By superpow

Here's an idea. Do something else over the weekend. Giantbomb isn't everything. There is much more out there to experience.

williamhenry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By williamhenry

@HumanoidTyphoon said:

Give the crew a break. They're already pumping out a lot of content and it's only going to get busier during the next few months. Obviously every one would love more content but they aren't robots.

Again, nobody is saying they should work more. They are just suggesting they hold some stuff for the weekend. Quick looks, and most site content, are posted on a schedule, so it wouldn't be any more work to schedule them for Saturday or Sunday.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#35  Edited By Hizang

I am happy with how things are, since I'm quite busy during the week I use the weekend to catch up on the video content.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Subjugation

There is zero point in holding content back for a weekend release. Release it when it's done otherwise, guess what, you'll have people complaining about that too! If you want stuff to do over the weekend, save a QL or if you subscribe you can do everything on your own time table during the week and on the weekend watch the archive. The weekend is also the time when you crawl the forums. The website is fine, the content release schedule and volume is fine, etc. You can't rely on this website as your sole source of entertainment. Life goes on outside of this website, for us and for them.

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By coakroach

No.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By shadows_kill

No, everyone needs a break. They get weekends off (unless they are out at E3 or something). I'm sure you wouldn't like it being at work 8-5 7 days a week. If you have that job then sorry but still everyone needs a break every week plus thats probably when they get most game time done in order to write reviews etc.

UnrealDP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By UnrealDP

Yeah! Also i want content on holidays and i want hourly videos! Seriously, you forget that the giant bomb crew is comprised of humans that need to take breaks.

DeathTrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By DeathTrap

I'd like to see something on the weekends...maybe make "Load Our Last Save" and/or "Random PC Game" a weekly thing on Saturdays or Sundays.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By iam3green

no, they deserve off just like everyone else that have a regular job. they should only be working if there is some kind of breaking news in the video game industry- a bomb goes off at some companies office building.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By JoeyRavn

Well, instead of posting three Quick Looks the same day during the week, they could save one for the weekends. I'm pretty sure there's a way to automatize the process of posting it on the homepage once it's been uploaded, so no need to enslave the GB guys during weekends as some people suggest.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#43  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

It'd certainly be great to see some more Giant Bomb content up on the weekends but I'm not sure it's that reasonable to ask them to do seven days of content a week.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@MooseyMcMan said:

Yeah, I do agree, it'd be great if there was more stuff on weekends, but come on, we shouldn't be on a gaming website on weekends, we should be playing games! Right?

It's not hard to set up a few cronjobs to upload pre-recorded material. They have done it before - three vids on SAT, three on SUN and perhaps something sweet for the subs.
bio595

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By bio595

I agree. My version of the Internet dies Sunday through Monday (I live in New Zealand) but i don't ever seeing it happen

justinnotjason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By justinnotjason

I personally would pay 200 dollars for a subscription if it would guarantee Ryan Davis is chained to his desk pumping out content 24/7 and would have to talk to me on the Red Phone at obscure hours of the night.

nights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By nights

@WilliamHenry said:

@HumanoidTyphoon said:

Again, nobody is saying they should work more. They are just suggesting they hold some stuff for the weekend. Quick looks, and most site content, are posted on a schedule, so it wouldn't be any more work to schedule them for Saturday or Sunday.

True, it would be interesting to hear their thought process behind it. I mean, I visit Giant Bomb frequently but by the time the weekend rolls around, there's a lot of content I missed during the week. Perhaps spacing it out would help manage it better. I personally think it's fine the way it is, but I could see how it's a bit of a bummer for those who burn through all of the content they're interested in.

matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#48  Edited By matthew
@ssj4raditz said:

No, I have to use the weekends to catch up. If they do more content, I'll fall woefully behind!

This. These guys pump out more than an hour of content a day between Giant Bomb, Screened, and Tested. Too much to consume properly if they put out on the weekend. It's for sitting back and catching up! Oh yeah, and playing games.
swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By swoxx

@MooseyMcMan said:

Yes, and the Postal Service should work on Sundays, and any one of many other things that should be.

That doesn't mean it's economically or realistically feasible.

or you know...going to whorehouses...if that's your thing

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#50  Edited By Hector

I think it's fine how it is. We have the weekend to catch up on all the videos and news of the week.