#1 Posted by razorzxz (180 posts) -
#2 Posted by DrPockets000 (2859 posts) -

Perhaps.

#3 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -

No, signatures are dumb.

#4 Posted by Skald (4366 posts) -

Jesus Christ, no.

#5 Posted by ShiftyMagician (2128 posts) -

And ruin the cleanliness of the site presentation with ugly sigs?  God no.  I will never personally understand the need to want such things.

#6 Posted by razorzxz (180 posts) -

It just seemed weird to me, every other forum I have been registered on they have had signatures.

I think you should at least be able to add your GiantBomb achievement progress.
#7 Posted by Unchained (1080 posts) -
@extremeradical said:
" Jesus Christ, no. "
#8 Edited by Underachiever007 (2468 posts) -

Nope, there are sites which can make signatures look good; I don't think Giant Bomb is one of them.

#9 Posted by B0nd07 (1674 posts) -

#10 Posted by TooWalrus (12978 posts) -

The day that happens, I leave the site.

#11 Posted by DarkShaper (1296 posts) -

I got why some people like them but, no

#12 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@razorzxz said:
" It just seemed weird to me, every other forum I have been registered on they have had signatures.
I think you should at least be able to add your GiantBomb achievement progress.
"
This is not every other forum. This is GIANTBOMB 

Sigs are stupid and take space. The mods would then have to enforce a size limit and make sure they are not offensive or stuff like that. 
#13 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

What are they?

#14 Posted by AndrewW (143 posts) -

No. Never. Nein!

#15 Edited by MattyFTM (14244 posts) -

No. It clutters up forums with a load of nonsense that no one cares about. I want to read people posts without having to scroll past a load of bullshit image spam under everyone's posts. We have the expandable mini bio's if I want to know more about someone, we don't need signatures. 

EDIT: Also, @ the comment about achievement progress: to the top right of everyone's posts it details the users level (from quests), their number of achievements, and their gamerscore. Mine says "Level 26 / 857 ACH / 7845 P". If you want to give people additional information, you can do so in your mini bio.

#16 Posted by babblinmule (1262 posts) -

One of the main reasons that I actually post on these forums is because there are no sigs.

#17 Posted by phrosnite (3517 posts) -

No.

#18 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

No on fire with cheese and sprinkles. Even the date stamp is more writing on the bottom of posts than I want.

#19 Posted by Wolverine (4269 posts) -

No, signatures start to become spam.

#20 Posted by weegieanawrench (1918 posts) -
@AndrewW said:
" No. Never. Nein! "
Nei! Non!
#21 Posted by CrazyPaladin (9 posts) -

Hell, I never did realize there's no sig feature on this site till this post XD. Anyway, sigs are useless, and I never pay attention to those.

#22 Posted by N7 (3570 posts) -

As much as I love signatures, no. It's like asking "Should Jeff be less funky?". NO. When the world ends and everyone is cannibalizing everyone else, the world will need a king of proper funk. And only the real Ass Lancer can lead us. Because he knows.

#23 Posted by Potter9156 (937 posts) -

No. I would rather die than have the sanctity of GB betrayed by indie band lyrics and someones Battlefield stats.

I WOULD RATHER DIE.
#24 Posted by Jash530 (29 posts) -

Worse than forum sigs? People with sigs attached to their email.

#25 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

No...just...no.

#26 Posted by Potter9156 (937 posts) -
@Jash530: 

Jesus Christ, email signatures? Really? Hey, I'm applying for a job also look at my top 10 anticipated games of 2011 and my headshots rank in Team Fortress. 
#27 Posted by jNerd (2008 posts) -
@extremeradical said:
" Jesus Christ, no. "
@Wolverine said:
" No, signatures start to become spam. "
@ArchScabby said:
" No, signatures are dumb. "
#28 Posted by animathias (1076 posts) -

Nope. Signatures can be classy, but most of the time they're simply clutter - especially when people decide to fill up all the available space with images. The mini bio is a great alternative.

#29 Posted by Sarkhan (1196 posts) -
@B0nd07 said:
"
"
This^^
#30 Posted by N7 (3570 posts) -
@Potter9156:  Or better yet, when that one bad apple of the bunch adds in a mini-rant about a game as his signature, so you have to squint really hard to read it.

It's normally funnier when they link to a larger rant with it. Like, really? Who cars?
#31 Edited by Sweep (8542 posts) -
@MattyFTM: I just read your mini-bio. Your avatar totally has testicles for a mouth. Stop trying to fight it.
#32 Posted by MattyFTM (14244 posts) -
@Sweep said:
" @MattyFTM: I just read your mini-bio. Your avatar totally has testicles for a mouth. Stop trying to fight it. "
IT DOES NOT!!!!!!!

Also, I think it might constitute false advertising to call my mini bio "mini".
#33 Posted by Sweep (8542 posts) -
@MattyFTM: If you don't admit it then I'm going to bring out the picture. Is that what you want?
#34 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

Only if it comes with the added feature of "ignore all users with a signature".

#35 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -
@MattyFTM
@Sweep said:
" @MattyFTM: I just read your mini-bio. Your avatar totally has testicles for a mouth. Stop trying to fight it. "
IT DOES NOT!!!!!!!

Also, I think it might constitute false advertising to call my mini bio "mini".
Yo Matty, you avatar has some balls where his mouth should be.
#36 Posted by Bwast (1334 posts) -
@Sweep said:
" @MattyFTM: If you don't admit it then I'm going to bring out the picture. Is that what you want? "
I like pictures. Show me the picture.

#37 Posted by fox01313 (5033 posts) -

Leave the signatures as something stuck to the world of emails. Giantbomb & Whiskey Media doesn't need it in the forum posts.

#38 Posted by batVomit (39 posts) -

Please no, they just fill forums with animated GIFs, long quotes, sparkle text, and internet Memes no one cares about...

#39 Posted by TheKing (788 posts) -

Yes, but keep them size limited.

#40 Posted by 1337W422102 (996 posts) -

GB haet sigs.

I don't really care either way, but the option to hide them all would be very handy.

#41 Posted by VirtuaXav (449 posts) -

Even though I don't want sigs to be introduced... I imagine the Giant Bomb community could come up with some REALLY funny gifs/pictures to put in their sigs, it'd be pretty funny.

#42 Posted by MattyFTM (14244 posts) -
@Sweep said:
" @MattyFTM: If you don't admit it then I'm going to bring out the picture. Is that what you want? "
OH MY GOD SWEEP!!!! YOUR AVATAR'S EYES ARE TESTICLES!!!!!!!

#43 Posted by Sweep (8542 posts) -
@MattyFTM: Ahahahaha, that's amazing! You totally just spend the last 20 minutes making that didn't you :D
#44 Posted by MattyFTM (14244 posts) -
@Sweep: Why, is that how long you spent doing the one of my avatar?
#45 Posted by Sweep (8542 posts) -
@MattyFTM: ......yes :(
#46 Posted by S0ndor (2715 posts) -

Mini bio's are infinitely superior.

#47 Posted by razorzxz (180 posts) -

Well after seeing all of the opinions I can definitely say that I am against signatures also.

#48 Posted by EpicSteve (6442 posts) -

No, it makes the forums look messy. They don't really serve a purpose, either. 

#49 Posted by Branthog (7332 posts) -

No, I don't need to see your five vertical inches of giant animated banners and mulit-colored self promotion and other random bullshit.

#50 Posted by craigbo180 (1739 posts) -
@MattyFTM said:
" Also, @ the comment about achievement progress: to the top right of everyone's posts it details the users level (from quests), their number of achievements, and their gamerscore. Mine says "Level 26 / 857 ACH / 7845 P". If you want to give people additional information, you can do so in your mini bio. "
Mind blown, I literally never noticed that.

Also I really really don't want signatures.