Avatar image for deactivated-6082f30752bdc
deactivated-6082f30752bdc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey guys,

I have been thinking alot about getting a PS Vita, but I'm still a little on the fence. When I'm waiting for class to start I think it would keep me way more entertained then playing phone games or something like it. If you have one I would be really curious to hear what you think of it.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought one at launch. It is the best handheld video game machine ever created. I've started considering selling it or trading it in.

Here's the thing about handhelds--you really need to regularly be in a situation where you could be playing games on a handheld. If I were still in college, taking buses between campuses, then the Vita would have been my constant companion. As a person who drives to work, and rarely travels on planes, trains, etc. I don't have much use for the thing.

If you have a place in your life for a Vita, there are great games to play on it. It is especially worthwhile if you have other Playstation consoles and are already in the PSN ecosystem.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Yes. Though if you don't already have a 3DS I'd be inclined to suggest you buy that instead (though in that case you'd be better off waiting for a "new" 3DS, lol).

That said, the Vita is awesome, particularly if you have Playstation Plus (or have had it for a while and have been grabbing the vita games each month). It's a great platform for playing various indie games and weird japanese stuff.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if you have PS Plus and want to play a lot of games that are available for other systems (arcadey and indie titles mostly) on the go, then sure. Not a dig; it's actually pretty amazing of a system. i probably have twenty games or so for it and 32gb mem card's full already. it's also the best portable Luftrausers/Spelunky/Rogue Legacy machine out there (er, only, i mean...). Still waiting for Risk of Rain though.

also not sure what all the complaints about battery are on the OG Vita, damn thing stays in standby FOREVER, unlike 2ish days with my 3ds XL.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8907c9ada33
deactivated-5f8907c9ada33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

I have one but it's a love and hate thing. It's great because a lot of consoles games are on the Vita, so you can easily play it on the go. That's the upside and downside of it. It's lacking in original content from Sony, which is extremely disappointing.

That's not to say it doesn't have anything interesting to play. Despite personally finding Gravity Rush to merely be okay, it's fairly inexpensive that I'd recommend trying it out if you do get one. I liked the idea of Tearaway, using the Vita's unique features in interesting ways, but I just found that game to be fairly dull/uninteresting. I appreciated it for what it sets out to do, however. Persona 4: The Golden is awesome.

PlayStation Plus is an added benefit as well, I ended up with a lot of decent Vita games every month so far - Uncharted: GA, Soul Sacrifice, Fez, Limbo, Gravity Rush, etc.

JesusHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do you like Japan games and indies? The yes go for it because that's the majority of what's out there and is almost all you are going to get in the future. I love my Vita, but I'm not going to act like I'm not the intended audience for that thing. It is a Weeb Machine with indies and some other games. If you like that idea then it's probably the best new console period on the market right now.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By csl316

I play it more than anything I currently own. Muramasa: Rebirth and Spelunky justified my purchase.

In the year I've had it, I've collected over 30 games (stuff bought, plus PS+).

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@watchmen877: I use it all the damn time. Its a great handheld. And if you have other sony systems its even more worth while with cross-save and cross-buy games along with remote play ect... Great little system!

JohnTunoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JohnTunoku

I love mine. But I love JRPGS, Indie games and visual novels. If you don't like at least one of those you probably won't like the system.