Should i buy ps3 based on 2010 exclusives?

• 53 results
walreese55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By walreese55

I already have a 360 and most of my friends have 360s. i want a ps3 because the exclusives are better, but i am unsure if it is worth 300 bucks plus tax and the cost of new games. thoughts?

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Venatio

Buy a PS3, the 2009 exclusives were amazing and the 2010 exclusives look pretty damn good too

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By MeierTheRed

If you think its games you want to play, go for it.

walreese55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By walreese55
@Venatio:  What games are there apart from heavy rain and gow3 this year?
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#5  Edited By Yummylee
@brainboy77 said:
" @Venatio:  What games are there apart from heavy rain and gow3 this year? "

Yakuza 3 annnd theres possibily going to be new info coming up for rockstars Agent game maybe during E3. Even still, theres so many excellent titles you've missed on just from 2009 alone.
enemaems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By enemaems

Isn't Team Ico's game hitting this year? Gran Turismo is this year....maybe. :) 
I'm sure Insomniac will also have a game out this year. Supposedly Jaffe's new game (Twisted Metal?) hits this year as well. The Show will again be the best baseball game, if you like that.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Venatio
@brainboy77 said:
" @Venatio:  What games are there apart from heavy rain and gow3 this year? "
Well I think Gran Turismo 5 and The Last Guardian is this year 

Aswell as WKC and the games that Abyssfull mentioned
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By oldschool
@brainboy77 said:
" I already have a 360 and most of my friends have 360s. i want a ps3 because the exclusives are better, but i am unsure if it is worth 300 bucks plus tax and the cost of new games. thoughts? "
There will be some excellent JRPG for the PS3 this year (FF XIII will only be worth it on the PS3) and I am confidant that the PS3 will have the best 2010 releases of any console, although I will still get more Wii games.  It all depends on what you like as the library of exclusives up until now for the PS3 holds little interest to me.  I expect to own one by Christmas and then I can finally play a PS3 game I bought last year in anticipation.
MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MeierTheRed
  • @brainboy77: 

Some of these should be 2010.

• Massive Action Game (MAG)
  • The Last Guardian
  • Gran Turismo 5
  • Final Fantasy XIV
  • God of War 3
  • Agent
  • The Agency
  • Heavy Rain
  • DC Universe Online
  • Mod Nation Racers
  • Free Realms
  • White Knight Chronicles
  • Trinity: Souls of Zill O’ll

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SamStrife

^ Looks like a pretty awesome year ^ =p
sdornan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By sdornan
@oldschool said:

(FF XIII will only be worth it on the PS3)

Oh noes, multiple discs! I shouldn't even bother playing it! 

...Or Final Fantasy VII, Xenogears, Metal Gear Solid, or any other well-respected game with multiple discs!
swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By swamplord666

based on the total exclusives that have already come out and coming out this year... you'd be mad not to buy one if you have the disposable income!

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By oldschool
@sdornan said:
" @oldschool said:

Oh noes, multiple discs! I shouldn't even bother playing it!  ...Or Final Fantasy VII, Xenogears, Metal Gear Solid, or any other well-respected game with multiple discs! "
Given a choice between multiple discs and no game, then go for multiple discs.  Given a choice between multiple discs or one disc for the same game, then I go fort the single disc, on a console I believe is superior and will likely be better on.
dyslekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By dyslekt

make that 09/10

Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By Whisperkill

Do whatever the hell you want...

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

If you buy your PS3 on Amazon you shouldn't have to worry about tax!

Hopefully. Either way, put it into your cart if you can and see!

ColinWright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ColinWright
@oldschool said:
" @sdornan said:
" @oldschool said:

Oh noes, multiple discs! I shouldn't even bother playing it!  ...Or Final Fantasy VII, Xenogears, Metal Gear Solid, or any other well-respected game with multiple discs! "
Given a choice between multiple discs and no game, then go for multiple discs.  Given a choice between multiple discs or one disc for the same game, then I go fort the single disc, on a console I believe is superior and will likely be better on. "
But there's achievements :D
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By oldschool
@wh4tshisface said:
" @oldschool said:
" @sdornan said:
" @oldschool said:

Given a choice between multiple discs and no game, then go for multiple discs.  Given a choice between multiple discs or one disc for the same game, then I go fort the single disc, on a console I believe is superior and will likely be better on. "
But there's achievements :D "
I've never achieved a damn thing in my life and I am not about to start  :/
snakeitachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By snakeitachi

I relly feel bad for the xbox 360 guys  they cant experice great quailty games like uncharted 2

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By LiquidPrince

That plus all the older games.

Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Three0neFive

Metal Gear Solid 4
Uncharted
Uncharted 2
LittleBigPlanet
Demon's Souls
Valkyria Chronicles
inFamous
Gran Turismo 5 
Killzone 2
Resistance: Fall of Man
Resistance 2
Heavy Rain
God of War 3 (and Collection)
WipeOut HD
Fat Princess
Pixeljunk Eden

I don't lnow about you, but these were my reasons for getting a PS3. And goddamn, it was worth every penny (and then about fifty billion more). :D

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By oldschool
@Three0neFive said:
" Metal Gear Solid 4 Uncharted Uncharted 2 LittleBigPlanet Demon's Souls Valkyria Chronicles inFamousGran Turismo 5  Killzone 2 Resistance: Fall of Man Resistance 2Heavy RainGod of War 3 (and Collection) WipeOut HD Fat Princess Pixeljunk Eden  I don't lnow about you, but these were my reasons for getting a PS3. And goddamn, it was worth every penny (and then about fifty billion more). :D "
Only 3 of those interest me, which just says a lot about how everyone has different tastes.  I already have Disgaea 3 and look forward to getting a console to play it on - when the next decent price drop happens, I am not paying $500 (Au) for any games console.
TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By TheJollyRajah

Once Sony comes out with that online service with the extra features, I'm pretty sure Microsoft will have nothing besides Natal.... which doesn't interest me at all.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By penguindust

Get a PS3 for what's out now.  Worry about the rest of the year as it comes.  Will there be good games later?  I hope so, but until we see them in action, any big name title could wind up a flop.  There are lots of good games out right now that we know are good.  That should be reason enough.  And blu-ray if you are into that.  I have a subscription to Netflix so I see every new movie that way.  If I didn't have Netflix I'd never get much use from it because buying the films is still $10 over priced.  It works well as a media center if you're on a home network.  I stream stuff from my computer to my HD TV all the time. 

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25  Edited By trophyhunter

you should get one base on 2009 exclusives

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#26  Edited By citizenkane

If you have enough money, you should definitely get a PS3 based on the exclusives of not only 2010, but from 2009 and earlier years as well.

snakeitachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By snakeitachi
@Three0neFive:
This.
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#28  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I'd do it for 2009's exclusives. Not so sure about 2010's yet, but odds are God of War 3 will be a must-have.

TobyD81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 29

#29  Edited By TobyD81

PS3 is a fine machine. Whatever excuse you need, you should get one.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By mordukai

You should have bought a PS3 based on the 2009 exclusives. 

Lazyaza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 43

#31  Edited By Lazyaza
@Mordukai said:
" You should have bought a PS3 based on the 2009 exclusives.  "
this
ptys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#32  Edited By ptys

No... you should buy one based on the 2009 exclusives! Killzone 2, Uncharted 2 and Infamous to name a few... plus if you don't have a Blu-ray player, but do have an HD TV, then the console is really only costing you half the price... as DVD's are obsolete, in my opinion. 

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By scarace360

Yes go buy one just get one their awesome and have amazing games.
their cheaper than ever and you can get amazing games with it. Just go get one.

Bombs_Away

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Bombs_Away

I'm waiting till Summer for a PS3...got no money or time at the moment but hopefully I'll be able to get one soon.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By get2sammyb

Don't just buy it for the 2010 exclusives, buy it for the '08, '09 and '07 exclusives; of which there were many.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By c1337us
@Mordukai said:
" You should have bought a PS3 based on the 2009 exclusives.  "
If you didn't didn't already have one, this is the correct answer. Uncharted 2, inFamous, Ratchet and Clank etc. All great games.
rinkalicous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#37  Edited By rinkalicous
@oldschool said:
" @sdornan said:
" @oldschool said:

At the risk of starting an argument (which isn't my intention), this 'multiple disc' argument never worked for me. Didn't Metal Gear have ~5 minute loading times between each chapter? Are PS3 owners really so lazy that they'd rather sit still for 5 minutes then take 60 seconds at the most to swap discs? On top of that, they BRAG about this? I'm not putting down the PS3 as I'm for certain going to get one at one point to play all the games on it, including metal gear, and I'm not trying to insult you or suggest that you made the wrong console choice or anything ridiculous like that, I just wanted to try and understand this argument a little better as, well... It seems like a downside to me.
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By oldschool
@Rinkalicous said:
" @oldschool said:
" @sdornan said:
" @oldschool said:

At the risk of starting an argument (which isn't my intention), this 'multiple disc' argument never worked for me. Didn't Metal Gear have ~5 minute loading times between each chapter? Are PS3 owners really so lazy that they'd rather sit still for 5 minutes then take 60 seconds at the most to swap discs? On top of that, they BRAG about this? I'm not putting down the PS3 as I'm for certain going to get one at one point to play all the games on it, including metal gear, and I'm not trying to insult you or suggest that you made the wrong console choice or anything ridiculous like that, I just wanted to try and understand this argument a little better as, well... It seems like a downside to me. "
It's cool, no insults.  I don't own a PS3, so I haven't made any choices.  I just think if you don't need to change discs, then that can only be a good thing.  The multiple discs I have played on my Gamecube and 360 haven't bothered me as I have only once ever made it to the 2nd disc (Baten Kaitos - then the memory card died and it was all gone).  Still, I would rather not have multiple discs given the choice and the PS33 offers that.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#39  Edited By AgentJ
@oldschool said:
" @Rinkalicous said:
" @oldschool said:
" @sdornan said:
" @oldschool said:

At the risk of starting an argument (which isn't my intention), this 'multiple disc' argument never worked for me. Didn't Metal Gear have ~5 minute loading times between each chapter? Are PS3 owners really so lazy that they'd rather sit still for 5 minutes then take 60 seconds at the most to swap discs? On top of that, they BRAG about this? I'm not putting down the PS3 as I'm for certain going to get one at one point to play all the games on it, including metal gear, and I'm not trying to insult you or suggest that you made the wrong console choice or anything ridiculous like that, I just wanted to try and understand this argument a little better as, well... It seems like a downside to me. "
It's cool, no insults.  I don't own a PS3, so I haven't made any choices.  I just think if you don't need to change discs, then that can only be a good thing.  The multiple discs I have played on my Gamecube and 360 haven't bothered me as I have only once ever made it to the 2nd disc (Baten Kaitos - then the memory card died and it was all gone).  Still, I would rather not have multiple discs given the choice and the PS33 offers that. "
You never finished Tales of Symphonia? WTF man! WTF! 
Sad about Baten Kaitos though. It wasn't the greatest game ever made, but it sure was pretty
Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Skytylz

based on this years exclusives only... no but last year the ps3 blew the 360 out of the water

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By oldschool
@AgentJ said:
" @oldschool said: 
It's cool, no insults.  I don't own a PS3, so I haven't made any choices.  I just think if you don't need to change discs, then that can only be a good thing.  The multiple discs I have played on my Gamecube and 360 haven't bothered me as I have only once ever made it to the 2nd disc (Baten Kaitos - then the memory card died and it was all gone).  Still, I would rather not have multiple discs given the choice and the PS33 offers that. "
You never finished Tales of Symphonia? WTF man! WTF! Sad about Baten Kaitos though. It wasn't the greatest game ever made, but it sure was pretty "
Nope.  I recently started it all over again and am about 2/3s of the way through the first disc.  Then I got distracted by Fire Emblem.  Not the Wii one, the GC one.  I never finished that and decided that I have to finish the first before starting the 2nd (like TOS).  I am at Chapter 23, so not far away.   Baten Kaitos was right up there amongst my favourite GC games, both of them.  I want a Wii sequel dammit.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#42  Edited By AgentJ
@oldschool said:
" @AgentJ said:
" @oldschool said: 
You never finished Tales of Symphonia? WTF man! WTF! Sad about Baten Kaitos though. It wasn't the greatest game ever made, but it sure was pretty "
Nope.  I recently started it all over again and am about 2/3s of the way through the first disc.  Then I got distracted by Fire Emblem.  Not the Wii one, the GC one.  I never finished that and decided that I have to finish the first before starting the 2nd (like TOS).  I am at Chapter 23, so not far away.   Baten Kaitos was right up there amongst my favourite GC games, both of them.  I want a Wii sequel dammit. "
Dare I say a "Wiiquel?" 
Path of Radiance was fantastic, but be sure to play through TOS. 
Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#43  Edited By Cerza

Yes get one, but don't do it just for the 2010 exclusives. Do it for the previous years exclusives as well.

RankRabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By RankRabbit

Just got my second RROD, so I went out and got a PS3. I wanted something that would last and the hardware is pretty impressive.

Blaaze89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Blaaze89
@Rinkalicous:
I played FFVIII and could never finish it because my 3rd disc failed to load a cutscene. That and im sure some people got tired of losing discs :l hell i even lose my singles sometimes :D. 

And id rather take the installs on MGS4 because i can do something else during those 5 minutes and i know the content is worth it
xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#46  Edited By xyzygy

Yeah get it for other games from past years too, this year is looking like Microsoft has the better lineup of exclusives. But it's only January and we have no idea what could be coming out later, and what might get pushed back or not even come out at all. I'm looking at you, White Knight Chronicles and GT5. Honestly, the only exclusives that I'm interested in for the PS3 is White Knight Chronicles and Heavy Rain but I'm still very skeptical about Heavy Rain. God of War does not interest me at all, I found both of the other games too short (Beat both of them in a day! I felt ripped off) and honestly I just don't think I like the setting/story. To me it's just like "Hey, we need a game idea - LET'S MAKE A GUY WHO CAN KILL GODS AND IT WILL BE BADASS YES". I dunno. Maybe a bargain bin buy though... whenever that will happen :P 

@Blaaze89 said:

" @Rinkalicous: I played FFVIII and could never finish it because my 3rd disc failed to load a cutscene. That and im sure some people got tired of losing discs :l hell i even lose my singles sometimes :D.  And id rather take the installs on MGS4 because i can do something else during those 5 minutes and i know the content is worth it "

That may just mean you head a faulty disc. You can also get faulty single-disc games, too. I've never had any faulty discs on any multi-disc games. If you lose discs then you're not taking care of them properly, where the hell else would you put them besides the case? If you're leaving them around on the floor and just on top of things around the house then they deserve to be lost because you're doing a bad job of taking care of them. And you're saying you'd rather take a 5 minute install over a 10 second disc load...? What if the game is good and you know that the content on the multi disc game is worth it too? What you're saying doesn't really make any sense.  

Besides, you'll need to get up during the game to take a shit, eat, clean yourself, get a drink, anything. All of which would take longer than changing a disc.
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By oldschool
@AgentJ said:
" @oldschool said:
" @AgentJ said:
" @oldschool said: 
Nope.  I recently started it all over again and am about 2/3s of the way through the first disc.  Then I got distracted by Fire Emblem.  Not the Wii one, the GC one.  I never finished that and decided that I have to finish the first before starting the 2nd (like TOS).  I am at Chapter 23, so not far away.   Baten Kaitos was right up there amongst my favourite GC games, both of them.  I want a Wii sequel dammit. "
Dare I say a "Wiiquel?" Path of Radiance was fantastic, but be sure to play through TOS.  "
It's on my To Do list.  Damn that list!
Blaaze89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Blaaze89
@xyzygy:
do i really need to play in the next 10 seconds? nope so the disc swap means nothing to me. Of course i had a faulty disc..... but why should it be a problem in the first place? Only reason i didnt buy another copy is cuz where i lived they stopped selling ps1 games at the point i got there. As for the care of the discs, it happens sometimes more back in the day when i lived with my parents theyd put a disc in a case and put it away blablabla thus starting the mixing of discs. 

besides when i have the option to not have to swap the disc and its not charging me why would i reject?
JesseJ79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By JesseJ79

Also if you are a Final Fantasy fan, then with PS3 you can play the definitive version of Final Fantasy XIII.

Rebirth1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Rebirth1337
@snakeitachi said:
"

I relly feel bad for the xbox 360 guys  they cant experice great quailty games like uncharted 2

"
Yeah they can. It's not like the people who bought an Xbox are unable to buy a PS3. I have room for both in my house.