Should I get a Wii U now?

Sontifx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm really considering getting the Wii u bundle with WW HD. I really enjoyed wind waker and it's been forever since I've played the original. I want to get this and the new Mario when it comes out next month. Would you say it's worth getting? I've been looking into the ps4 and xbone and can't justify buying either one with there launch line up. (none of the games interest me) Would it be a good time to get a Wii U now? Graphics are not really an issue for me since I already have a gaming PC.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By crusader8463

No. I think that there's nothing on it that looks good in the slightest. Only you can decide if you really should get it or not though. The rule I use for any new system purchase is to wait until there are atleast 5-6 exclusives I can't get anywhere else that I really want. Until then, it's a no go.

With the piss poor sales the Wii U has and the wasteland that is third party support, I wouldn't be surprised to see it go the way of the Dreamcast in the next few years. Wait till then and stores will pay you to take it from them just to free up shelf space.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

If you're really interested in whatever Nintendo is making or has made already, then yeah go ahead and buy it.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

If you think those two games are worth buying a WiiU for then get it once those two games are released. How well the WiiU does this holiday will really determine if anything worth while ever gets released on WiiU again. I feel like it could be killed in January and all the Nintendo games planned for it transitioned to 3DS if it doesn't gain some traction in the marketplace soon.

Shaunage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 10

I've owned one since launch. No.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

Maybe. I like the system and think it has a bunch of good things going for it. I was surprised how much the second screen adds to games like The Wonderful 101, Rayman and Wind Waker. You have to be looking for a specific kind of thing with the Wii U. If Nintendo's first party stuff doesn't interest you or you're not a fan of Platinum's games then it's probably a bad choice to get one.

jayjonesjunior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jayjonesjunior

Buy the Wii U.

CynicalBuzzard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Wii U is not a must have system at the moment.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@sontifx said:

I'm really considering getting the Wii u bundle with WW HD. I really enjoyed wind waker and it's been forever since I've played the original. I want to get this and the new Mario when it comes out next month. Would you say it's worth getting? I've been looking into the ps4 and xbone and can't justify buying either one with there launch line up. (none of the games interest me) Would it be a good time to get a Wii U now? Graphics are not really an issue for me since I already have a gaming PC.

If you think the system is worth getting for those two games and anything else you've seen in the future sure go ahead and get it. There is nothing else we could say it sway your opinion it's all up to you and your preferences.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By falserelic

Don't buy it save your money.

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

This really can be reduced to the much simpler question of "Do you like Nintendo games?"

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2

Buy it.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

If you're really not interested in the new console's launch and there are some games on the Wii U that interest you, then go for it.

Sontifx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I may just stick with my pc for now. The only reason I was considering the wii u, was for the first party exclusives, which are usually top notch. I am a big fan of them.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

surprised my cousin didn't buy a wii u for his kids after the price drop.... that's a sign, since they dress like mario and luigi everyday.