• 57 results
Masha2932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Masha2932

With all the recent announcements about HD remakes and re-releases, is it even worth it buying a new game on the current consoles?  Why bother buying uncharted 3 for example when i can buy Uncharted 1-3 on the ps4 in the near future.

What do you guys think about remakes and re-releases?

Anund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Anund

Your patience is inspiring.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By penguindust

"Near future"?  What are you talking about?  Chances are we're still 2 or 3 years away from a PS4.  On top of that, I wouldn't expect a compilation of the Uncharted series for a few years after that.  Sure, wait if you don't mind not playing it until 2017.  

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ArchScabby

Your thinking is wrong man.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By MysteriousBob

a) An Uncharted collection isn't guaranteed. 
b) An Uncharted collection may take 10 years to see a release for all we know.
c) There's no significant new tech to warrant a re-release any time soon. Uncharted is already in HD (and 3D?), you'll need to wait until 4D Hyper Definition TVs are common for a release in that format. 
d) What format would the collection come on? A disc set seems pointless. 
e) If you wait, the novelty of a new game is gone. Good games are at their best when they're new. 
f) The wait for a PS4 is long enough. I mean, it's what, at least two years away? 
g) Why would you buy a new console for a game you can buy now? 

???????

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By UlquioKani
Even if they did releases Uncharted 1 - 3 on PS4, it will later in the consoles life, so you are looking at 5 - 8 years. If you willing to wait then power to you
Pyrgz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Pyrgz

because you might die soon so you should play games when you can

Pyrgz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Pyrgz

@MysteriousBob said:

e) If you wait, the novelty of a new game is gone. Good games are at their best when they're new.

I'm just not sure about this, Bob.

Dimsey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#9  Edited By Dimsey

I like playing games while they're at least somewhat relevant and don't especially care to wait some years for an up-rezed re-release just because it'll look a little purrdier.

Really I'd prefer that consoles from here on out were just better about being backwards compatible so I shouldn't feel the need to re-purchase games I bought years before.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By penguindust
@Pyrgz said:

2012, man, it's just around the corner.
MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MysteriousBob
@Pyrgz said:

@MysteriousBob said:

Name a single example to prove me wrong.  

I'm not saying retro games aren't fun, but I'm far less impressed by Deus Ex when I play it for the first time ten years after its initial release. Thats just a random example.
Pyrgz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Pyrgz

@PenguinDust said:

@Pyrgz said:

2012 is like five years away

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DrPockets000

NO YOU SHOULD NOT JUST WAIT FOR THE PS4 VERSION!!!

daiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By daiphyer

*Just like Stone Cold would've said* What?!

Masha2932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Masha2932

I guess i'm just feeling disillusioned about all the announcements regarding remakes. Today it's game A, tomorrow all games are getting re-releases

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By Marz

I think you should wait until you die :)

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By Brendan

That's taking it too far. Just play the games that you're interested in, and can afford, now. Don't try to predict the future years down the road.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Just rent the games, I wish I did.

Masha2932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Masha2932
@Marz: But then i may as well wait for the afterlife remake.
SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SeriouslyNow

@MysteriousBob said:

@Pyrgz said:

@MysteriousBob said:

Name a single example to prove me wrong. I'm not saying retro games aren't fun, but I'm far less impressed by Deus Ex when I play it for the first time ten years after its initial release. Thats just a random example.

Chrono Trigger.

oatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By oatz

I DONT FUCKING KNOW MAN JUST DONT SHOOT

Kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#22  Edited By Kyle

@PenguinDust said:

@Pyrgz said:

No kidding! I mean, let's get real people: If Sony doesn't shoot for a November '12 launch, there won't even BE a PS4!

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By UlquioKani
@SeriouslyNow said:

@MysteriousBob said:

@Pyrgz said:

@MysteriousBob said:

Name a single example to prove me wrong. I'm not saying retro games aren't fun, but I'm far less impressed by Deus Ex when I play it for the first time ten years after its initial release. Thats just a random example.

Chrono Trigger.

Not as exciting or as fresh now. The game mechanics are now old. It is a good game still but not as good as when it first came out and had that wow factor
imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By imsh_pl

Just wait for the PS3 emulator, I'm sure PCs are gonna be able to handle it smoothly in 7 or 8 years.

Avatar image for deactivated-6418ef3727cdd
deactivated-6418ef3727cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd wait for the PS6 if I were you. The PS6 will have full motion controls with voice commands to tell Drake to go left and right.

Avatar image for mancombseepgood
MancombSeepgood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MancombSeepgood

Here's the thing about these "remakes". 

They're just being remastered. Sure, sometimes there's a few extra bits and pieces thrown in but for the most part, the game remains exactly the same

The reason these games are seeing re-releases is because they look better in HD. The graphics remain the same. 

Therefore, if the next console has no further advancement in the way games look on our TV's rather than the actual graphic processing power, then re-releases are unlikely until we see some other stuff coming out.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SeriouslyNow

@UlquioKani said:

@SeriouslyNow said:

@MysteriousBob said:

@Pyrgz said:

@MysteriousBob said:

Chrono Trigger.

Not as exciting or as fresh now. The game mechanics are now old. It is a good game still but not as good as when it first came out and had that wow factor

Sorry what? Even the remakes are almost entirely the same as the original in terms of gameplay. It is a great game still and actually still looks and plays best on a real SNES.

willin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 14

#28  Edited By willin

Why not wait till Playstation 5?

YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By YoungFrey

Sony's current push for bundels of PS2 classics is being driven by the need to have 3D games on the PS3.  The PS2 games can manage a real framerate while doing 3D.  I can't even say if that need will still exist in the PS4 era.  Plus prices drop pretty rapidly.  You can often get new games for $40 within weeks of them coming out if you watch the sales.  And you will likely pay $20 if you wait a year. 
UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By UlquioKani
@SeriouslyNow said:

@UlquioKani said:

@SeriouslyNow said:

@MysteriousBob said:

@Pyrgz said:

@MysteriousBob said:

Chrono Trigger.

Sorry what? Even the remakes are almost entirely the same as the original in terms of gameplay. It is a great game still and actually still looks and plays best on a real SNES.

Standards have moved forward. We have played better games. Even though the game is the same, we have played better games so the initial wow factor disappears
SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SeriouslyNow

@UlquioKani said:

@SeriouslyNow said:

@UlquioKani said:

@SeriouslyNow said:

@MysteriousBob said:

@Pyrgz said:

@MysteriousBob said:

Chrono Trigger.

Standards have moved forward. We have played better games. Even though the game is the same, we have played better games so the initial wow factor disappears

Explain the almost constant (per generation) remakes of the game then. Chrono Trigger was never a game with a huge audience. You keep using the phrase 'wow factor' and I'm talking about Chrono Trigger, not Star Fox.

Kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#32  Edited By Kyle

@S0ndor said:

I'd wait for the PS6 if I were you. The PS6 will have full motion controls with voice commands to tell Drake to go left and right.

I heard the PS7 is going to have a sandwich press. Or BE a sandwich press. We all know games are headed towards interactive sandwich experiences.

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By UlquioKani
@SeriouslyNow said:

@UlquioKani said:

@SeriouslyNow said:

@UlquioKani said:

@SeriouslyNow said:

@MysteriousBob said:

@Pyrgz said:

@MysteriousBob said:

Chrono Trigger.

Standards have moved forward. We have played better games. Even though the game is the same, we have played better games so the initial wow factor disappears

Explain the almost constant (per generation) remakes of the game then. Chrono Trigger was never a game with a huge audience. You keep using the phrase 'wow factor' and I'm talking about Chrono Trigger, not Star Fox.

Remakes are made so a new generation can experience the games(and money). The games story and aesthetics haven't really aged but the mechanics are more dated. The game was amazing for it's time but because standards have moved forwards, it doesn't have the same impact that it had before. In terms of JRPG's there are better games out there. If you go back to playing Chronotrigger now, you may not have the same experience now becuase you have played newer games which have taken out the problems older games have had.
buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#34  Edited By buft

Do it, we will see you when you get there

zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#35  Edited By zyn

Why wait for PS4 when you can wait for the PS5?  eh?  eh?

IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#36  Edited By IBurningStar

I should probably stop buying movies. They might release a different and better cut of the film in the future. Or maybe a collectors edition Blueray that has more bonus features than any version I could get now.

herocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By herocide
@UlquioKani said:
Remakes are made so a new generation can experience the games(and money). The games story and aesthetics haven't really aged but the mechanics are more dated. The game was amazing for it's time but because standards have moved forwards, it doesn't have the same impact that it had before. In terms of JRPG's there are better games out there. If you go back to playing Chronotrigger now, you may not have the same experience now becuase you have played newer games which have taken out the problems older games have had.
A friend of mine who had never played Chrono Trigger before got a ROM of it and started playing it a couple months ago. He was as amazed with it as many people were when the game came out, if only for its sophistication for such an old game.
SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By SeriouslyNow

@UlquioKani said:

@SeriouslyNow said:

@UlquioKani said:

@SeriouslyNow said:

@UlquioKani said:

@SeriouslyNow said:

@MysteriousBob said:

@Pyrgz said:

@MysteriousBob said:

Chrono Trigger.

Remakes of Chrono Trigger are made due to a demand for them. Square Enix have only ever made two games with the franchise and the second game (which arguably has more 'wow factor' - to use your poor analogy) and Chrono Cross has not been remade for any newer platform. There may well be newer and more advanced games in the same genre than Chrono Trigger but arguably it is one of the best of its type. New generations of players might well be immediately wowed by the game and older fans might well enjoy some of the newer features of the remake. I understand you're not that interested in my point of view as you keep repeating yours while ignoring mine so let's just agree to disagree.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By napalm
@zyn said:
Why wait for PS4 when you can wait for the PS5?  eh?  eh?
I see what you fucking did there.
Chirag4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Chirag4

If you're willing to wait that long, by all means, go for it.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By onarum

If you're willing to wait 4-6 years to play a game be my guest.

Even IF they release a PS4 in 2 -3 years it would still be another good 2 years before they even consider releasing a collection like that, I mean how long did they take to release the GoW hd collections? yeah...

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By MysteriousBob
@SeriouslyNow said:

@MysteriousBob said:

@Pyrgz said:

@MysteriousBob said:

Chrono Trigger.

Kind of hard to give a toss about Chrono Trigger when I have Fallout 3.
Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#43  Edited By Cirdain

Yep... meanwhile buy a PC and bathe in the Glory

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Gaff

@MysteriousBob said:

@Pyrgz said:

@MysteriousBob said:

Alarms bells should've started ringing when Deus Ex was called "retro".

Pyrgz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Pyrgz

@MysteriousBob said:

@SeriouslyNow said:

@MysteriousBob said:

@Pyrgz said:

@MysteriousBob said:

Chrono Trigger.

You're not even trying!

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By iam3green

no, you shouldn't. yo don't even know if uncharted is going to be coming out. the ps4 probably isn't coming out for another 3 or so more years, you are going to have to wait for uncharted remake to come out. that is going to be another couple of years. you are going to be waiting for a long time for a remake.

ConstantRa1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ConstantRa1n
@MysteriousBob said:
@Pyrgz said:

@MysteriousBob said:

Name a single example to prove me wrong.  I'm not saying retro games aren't fun, but I'm far less impressed by Deus Ex when I play it for the first time ten years after its initial release. Thats just a random example.
Fallout 3, Mario, etc.
Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#48  Edited By Skald

Just wait for the PS5. It'll have Uncharted 1-6 Super HD.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By SeriouslyNow

@MysteriousBob said:

@SeriouslyNow said:

@MysteriousBob said:

@Pyrgz said:

@MysteriousBob said:

Chrono Trigger.

Not the same game by most measures. Sure, they're both RPGs but they each offer different things. Also, how many times has Fallout 3 been remade?

jorbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#50  Edited By jorbear

You should totally buy a racing wheel, man.