Posted by DriveupLife (919 posts) 1 year, 2 months ago

Poll: Should I play Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag now or wait until next gen? (POLL) (89 votes)

Play it now! 8%
Play it next gen! 69%
Play it now, then upgrade your copy to next gen! 8%
Don't play it at all! 8%
Make up your own mind! 8%
#1 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (6004 posts) -

If you're planning on getting a next gen console like myself then wait, but if you're not then go right ahead.

#2 Posted by SunBroZak (1380 posts) -

If you intend on getting a console at launch, I'd definitely go for the next-gen version. Otherwise you might as well get the current console version. They'll probably iterate on Black Flag with the next Assassin's Creed game anyway.

#3 Posted by Humanity (10123 posts) -

I'm really curious about that new swaying-plant-tech they have in the game.

God how desperate we've become.

#4 Posted by cutyoface (553 posts) -

I will be getting on the ps4 just because it seemed that 3 already ran terrible on both the 360 and ps3.

#5 Posted by erhard (442 posts) -

Don't be crazy. Just wait.

#6 Posted by Chaser324 (6745 posts) -

If you're already planning on getting a new console at launch, there's no reason not to wait.

#7 Posted by jimmyfenix (3753 posts) -

Next gen yo

#8 Edited by Canteu (2821 posts) -

I'm getting it on Tuesday, since I wont be getting a console for like another year or two.

If you're getting a new console, then just get it for that instead.

#9 Posted by Deranged (1859 posts) -

I honestly doubt there's any REAL or significant difference between the two. If you're getting a next-gen console, hit it up. Otherwise, just pick up PS3/360 version.

#10 Posted by CynicalBuzzard (240 posts) -

Since I will be waiting to make the jump to next gen, I say play it now!

#11 Posted by ArbitraryWater (12130 posts) -

You're going to want something to play on that shiny new Playstation 4, just saying.

#12 Posted by spraynardtatum (3728 posts) -

There's absolutely no reason not to just wait.

#13 Edited by MikkaQ (10344 posts) -

Make up your own mind!

Well I dunno, whatever works for you right? I'm still on the fence of getting the game at all, I wasn't crazy about ACIII. If the pirate-theme is enough to get me to buy it, I'd like to try it on PC. Maybe a smoother framerate will also make it more enjoyable. I'm waiting a little while for the new consoles.

#14 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2341 posts) -

I have it pre ordered for PS4, but if the reviews for this gen are terrible, then I'll cancel. And I mean bad reviews as in the game itself is bad, not something like "It performs poorly on PS3/360"

#15 Posted by supermonkey122 (874 posts) -

I would wait if I were you.