Should I review every game I played this year?

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

I've been keeping a list of every game that I have finished this year (or played as much as I'm going to). It's kind of excessive, I know. As an exercise I've considered writing a review of every one of them before the year is over even though I started playing a lot of them last year. Do you even read user reviews on giant bomb? I'd have to write several a day which is worrying. Also remembering over a years worth of games is going to be difficult. Have you ever done something like this? Let me know!

Some highlights: Tony Hawks Pro Skater 5, Persona 4 Dancing All Night, Steins;Gate/

wumbo3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 38

#2  Edited By wumbo3000

I've been doing that since 2010! Then again, my reviews are like one paragraph mini-reviews, but it's a really nice way at the end of the year go back and get an overview of what I played. Also, it seems like I've played WAY less games than you. I wish I had more time to play more games, but alas, such is life.

tyn0mite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I think this is a great idea and am intending on doing so next year!

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

That's a lot of games. I think ideally you want to write a review soon after you're done with it. I've been thinking about writing reviews for all the games I've played this year but I don't think I could do them justice as I've played so many. My suggestion would be to start writing reviews of games you finish going forward.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Do it.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

First, review the games you think would provide the most interesting thoughts and would be the most rewarding to write. This way if you start losing the motivation or energy, you'll at least have done ones that you care about. I think some interesting reviews might come from games that you're conflicted about, percieve differently than general public, enjoyed for uninteded reasons, were surprised about, and games you were just straight up confused about.

Keep us updated!

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Go for it! :D if youre feeling sick of it halfway through you could always just stop. Seems like a great way to organize your thoughts about everything you've played in a year.

And thanks for reminding me I should read more user reviews on here! Im just as interested in reading what any of our fellow duders have to say as in any game'journalist', I just never think about checking out the user reviews. I should change that.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

@tyn0mite: Plan ahead! Don't leave it until the last minute like me!

@liquiddragon: Yeah, it's difficult thinking of them so long after finishing them. That's part of the interest for me though, because I'm curious how I remember them even if it doesn't 'serve' the reader of the review very well.

@otakugamer: I don't expect a lot of feedback, or any. I was more curious to see if people do read them. My goal isn't to have my work read, because I might not bother if that was the case. It's for my own benefit more than anything, like you were saying. I might not use the official review feature, I'll have to see how I feel about whatever I've written.

@flashflood_29: I suppose I could write them in order of interest, but my main idea was to see if I could write something about all the games. I've done a 'design every day for a year' before and it's in that sort of spirit.

@lestephan: I have trouble not seeing things through to the end, even to my own detriment.

@wumbo3000: Short form reviews seem like the best idea for most people, unless you want to write extensive criticism or the buyers guide style of review. I may go a little bit longer than yours but you've made me think about keeping them pretty short. Also, yes, Sunset Overdrive is incredible.