Should I trade my xbox360 for a ps3? I need your help!

jeterman29ny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By jeterman29ny

So I have a dilemna. I have a 20gb model xbox 360. I found a kid on craigslist who wanted to trade his 120gb model slim ps3 that he just purchased a couple of weeks ago for an xbox 360. His ps3 comes with modern warfare 2 and so does mine. I e-mailed him and said I would trade my xbox 360 with like 12 games (modern warfare 2, the rest are all older ones like nba2k8, nhl2k7, etc, but also a few arcade games are on the hard drive like braid, shadow complex, trials hd, texas holdem, uno, mortal kombat, etc), 2 wireless controllers and a few more accessories for his ps3 with just a wireless controller and modern warfare 2. He said he would do it and we are likely going to trade in a couple days. The only problem is, I'm starting to rethink it. For every positive, it seems I come across a negative. For instance, I will list some positives and negatives I have been thinking about. If anyone has any other negatives and/or positives to add to this list or if anyone has any reason why I should or should not make this trade, please let me know.
Positives:
1.)wifi adapter included with ps3
2.)ps3 plays blu-rays
3.)online play is free on ps3
4.)ps3 has playstation exclusive games such as Uncharted, G.O.W.3, killzone 2, metal gear
5.)the ps3 I would be getting has a way bigger hard drive
6.)no stupid R.R.O.D. ever again
7.)PS3 is  just plain cooler looking
Negatives:
1.)XBOX Live (from what I hear) has way better online experience than ps3
2.)I'm giving way more games than I'm getting in return
3.)Can't play halo reach :(
4.)Can't play gears 3 :(
5.)I have some games that I haven't beaten yet that I will never be able to beat now unless I buy it for ps3 and start over (i.e.GTA IV, burnout paradise)
6.)I don't even have a hi-def tv so blu ray is kind of useless right now
7.)Blu ray discs are really expensive
8.)Although I was always a playstation fanboy and was totally used to the playstation controllers, I've gotten used to and fallen in love with the xbox 360 controller
9.)Can't stream content from my pc (I don't think)
PLEASE HELP! What should I do?

Alex_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Alex_Murphy

Do it. Then go buy another Xbox with a bigger hard drive.

Unlogik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Unlogik
@jeterman29ny said:

8.)Although I was always a playstation fanboy and was totally used to the playstation controllers, I've gotten used to and fallen in love with the xbox 360 controller  

You can buy an adapter  for that.

9.)Can't stream content from my pc (I don't think)

And PS3 Media Server is amazing for streaming from PC to PS3. Haven't had any problems with MP4, 720p MKVs, nothin!

XanderCrews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By XanderCrews

Just go buy a bigger hard drive for your 360.  It sounds to me like your giving up way more than you will be receiving. Unless you just really want to play the PS3 exclusives, then I wouldn't do it. The only way I would even consider making that deal would be to get a PS3 with backwards compatibility, and even that would be a tough choice.

CptChiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By CptChiken

just look at the fact that you have more negatives then positives... the choice is simple

jeterman29ny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jeterman29ny

I made the trade and actually a lot of the negatives disappears, like not being able to stream content. I gave up quite a few games, but all but about 2 were crap games. I think I got a great deal here. Plus no worries about rrod ever again!

harinosho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By harinosho

trade it.

PS3 has a lot going for it. IT CAN EVEN FREAKIN PRINT DUDE!!!

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By ProfessorEss

edit: nm, too late :P

Well, now that you done it go get Uncharted 1 and 2.

Lowbrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Lowbrow
@jeterman29ny said:
" I made the trade and actually a lot of the negatives disappears, like not being able to stream content. I gave up quite a few games, but all but about 2 were crap games. I think I got a great deal here. Plus no worries about rrod ever again! "
Yep. Now you just need to worry about the blu-ray drive shitting out on you.  And having to fork over cash to repair it.

All things said though, its a great console. Get Uncharted 2 immediately.
bhhawks78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By bhhawks78

No, especially because odds are from craigslist the ps3 is about to die.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By ProfessorEss
@Lowbrow said:
Yep. Now you just need to worry about the blu-ray drive shitting out on you.  And having to fork over cash to repair it. All things said though, its a great console. Get Uncharted 2 immediately. "
Yeah make sure you keep a few bucks in the bank just in case.
The PS3 may be considerably more reliable but one negative you forgot was that if it does break, there's no free repairs over here.
gunslingerNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By gunslingerNZ
@Lowbrow said:
" @jeterman29ny said:
" I made the trade and actually a lot of the negatives disappears, like not being able to stream content. I gave up quite a few games, but all but about 2 were crap games. I think I got a great deal here. Plus no worries about rrod ever again! "
Yep. Now you just need to worry about the blu-ray drive shitting out on you.  And having to fork over cash to repair it. All things said though, its a great console. Get Uncharted 2 immediately. "
That's why you should always get extended warranties on first gen tech, saved me $200 odd in repair bills! Although I don't think the new slim models get the Blu-Ray problems anymore.
Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Alexander

Maybe if he can provide his receipt proof of purchase.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By iam3green

i would buy a new ps3 if i were u. i have both and it seems like u are trading more than what the person can give.  

blurays aren't that more expensive. they are like $5 more expensive than regular DVDs.

zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By zanzibarbreeze

I'd say trade it in, but don't lose the games, because you're going to want to play them later and that will give you a reason to look toward a better XBOX360, maybe in a year or so when they're less expensive and better.

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By animateria

Craigslist deal sounds too good to be true...

Kinda shady there don't you think?

Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Pessh

Most people actually prefer the PS3 PC streaming, it's much easier, and xbox live isn't much better than PSN, if at all

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By trophyhunter

yes, yes you should

Thumbrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Thumbrunner

If you play online you will be sadly surprised at the lack of options the PS3 provides. My PS3 only plays my blue rays, pulls media from my computer, and plays PS3 exclusives all other gaming is done on my Xbox. I play a lot of online games and its just so much easier to play with friends on XBL.

philuk19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By philuk19
@Pessh said:
" Most people actually prefer the PS3 PC streaming, it's much easier, and xbox live isn't much better than PSN, if at all "
I have both systems and Xbox Live is far superior, mainly because I talk to alot of friends and party chat and cross game chat is a MUST! Using that fucking 1 to 1 chatroom on the PS3 is just a hassle, in-game chat isnt reliable either.  Of course PSN is free, so thats a big bonus and if I were a solo gamer it would be a no brainer.

But the PS3 system itself is great, fantastic games.
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Honestly, that's alot of negatives. Why not just buy a ps3 later on when you have more money, own both because the ps3 can't cover everything you need.

AltonBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By AltonBrown

Buy a Vectrex.