Should Metal Gear Solid continue with Snake or an unknown protagonist?

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By End_Boss
End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By End_Boss

Wow... I had a super long explanatory post to go with that poll, but upon changing the type of post it conveniently decided to forget that I had typed those three paragraphs. Oh well, I guess the poll will have to do.

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By suneku

Don't matter to me, they could go with a new character, or bring Snake back, or not do a new game at all and I'd be happy.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4  Edited By Arkthemaniac

The last time it changed, it had a prissy white kid that constantly whined about how his relationship with some bitch was "over?"

I'm fine with changing the protagonist, just make sure he has a penis.
Shinryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Shinryu

Its done, leave it alone and let Kojima focus on a new IP.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By LiquidPrince

They should let their be a new character, and like it was said on the Bombcast it should be way in the future and what Snake has done should be now a legend.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By End_Boss
LiquidPrince said:
"They should let their be a new character, and like it was said on the Bombcast it should be way in the future and what Snake has done should be now a legend."
But can Metal Gear stand up to a huge futuristic revamp? I mean, though the setting in the game is technically present day, a lot of the tech they use throughout the game is pretty crazy (for example, there are no active camouflage suits that even come close to what Snake's can do in the game), so you'd think that if they put it in the "future of the future", physical spies would be moot and the only thing you'd need to be 3010's Solid Snake is a fancy supercomputer (year purposely exaggerated).
zerok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#8  Edited By zerok

I really wouldn't mind a new MGS game with a new character as long as the gameplay-mechanics stay the same way as the were in MGS4 <3

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By HandsomeDead

As long as it changes to Raiden and doesn't retcon to another variation of Snake, I can dig it.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By End_Boss
HandsomeDead said:
"As long as it changes to Raiden and doesn't retcon to another variation of Snake, I can dig it."
Maybe Raiden, but a lot of people were... "Unsatisfied" with him as a character, despite his copious amounts of badassery in MGS4. Would you only settle for Raiden? What about an entirely new character?
brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By brukaoru

I can't really see a new protagonist being introduced, but I could see Raiden working.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By HandsomeDead
End_Boss said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"As long as it changes to Raiden and doesn't retcon to another variation of Snake, I can dig it."
Maybe Raiden, but a lot of people were... "Unsatisfied" with him as a character, despite his copious amounts of badassery in MGS4. Would you only settle for Raiden? What about an entirely new character?"
If it never had Raiden, it wouldn't feel like a Metal Gear game. He's the one thing which would properly tie a new game to the old ones. If it never had him, in my mind, there'd be no point in even referring to it as Metal Gear.
Woffls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Woffls

Metal Gear <not solid>

Snake is done, and so are all the other characters involved. No reason why Kojima can't create a new IP that is just as good.

Gabii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Gabii

New characters please. 

And PLEASE, new plotline!