#1 Posted by L4wz (377 posts) -

I'm sure we have all heard of one of the last N64 games Conkers Bad Fur Day and it's Xbox remake Conker: Live & Reloaded. I know that a ton of people want a sequel to Conker so do you think they should make Conker 2 on Xbox 360?
#2 Posted by AltonBrown (950 posts) -

I'd like to say yes, but they'd have to overhaul some stuff. The platforming in BFD was really janky.

#3 Posted by L4wz (377 posts) -
@AltonBrown said:
"I'd like to say yes, but they'd have to overhaul some stuff. The platforming in BFD was really janky. "

Agreed. What is great back then doesn't work so well now. (Like TMNT: Turtles In Time Reshelled for example.)
#4 Posted by Synthballs (2193 posts) -

The first was decent enough. But, I dunno if it warrants a sequel. I'd like a sequel to Banjo Tooie. None of this Nuts N Bolts crap

#5 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

Personally, I'd love to see a new Conker. Just as long as they don't pull a Banjo and make it a car based game.

#6 Posted by r0k1ll (380 posts) -

I'd like a sequel to everything Rare does

#7 Posted by Slippy (735 posts) -

Only if it isn't for Natal.

#8 Posted by AltonBrown (950 posts) -
@r0k1ll: Grabbed by the Ghoulies?
#9 Posted by hinderk (685 posts) -
@r0k1ll said:
" I'd like a sequel to everything Rare does "
This
 
Also, why all the hate for nuts and bolts? It's one of my favorite games of this generation.
#10 Posted by Pukit (33 posts) -

Man BFD was one of my favorites...
 
Rare should totally make a legitimate sequel (and not some crappy remake) but I lost hope in that happening years ago. Doubt it'll happen.

#11 Posted by jmr1500 (44 posts) -

Man I am jonesin' bad for a new platformer from RARE...

#12 Posted by xyzygy (9953 posts) -

Guys, Rare has definitely got somethin down their sleeves. They're definitely working on something because Perfect Dark is coming to XBLA very very soon.

#13 Posted by demontium (4708 posts) -
@L4wz said:
" I'm sure we have all heard of one of the last N64 games Conkers Bad Fur Day and it's Xbox remake Conker: Live & Reloaded. I know that a ton of people want a sequel to Conker so do you think they should make Conker 2 on Xbox 360? "
Yes, TPS are not hard to make. 
 
Do not try too hard Rareware, just emulate what you did before but better and you will get a more than mediocre result.
#14 Edited by L4wz (377 posts) -
@Pukit said:

"Man BFD was one of my favorites...
 
Rare should totally make a legitimate sequel (and not some crappy remake) but I lost hope in that happening years ago. Doubt it'll happen. "


What so bad about LAR? I hated the censors myself but I wouldn't call it crappy and the multiplayer had kept me busy until the Xbox 360. But I would agree that it is inferior to BFD.
#15 Edited by jmr1500 (44 posts) -
@L4wz: I liked Live and Reloaded as well, but it had its issues. I thought the multiplayer was fun for a few rounds but the novelty of squirrels and teddy bears killing each other wore off quick (didn't think that was possible) and the single player had some camera and control issues. But DAMN did that game look great when it came out.
#16 Posted by Pukit (33 posts) -
@L4wz said:
" @Pukit said:

"Man BFD was one of my favorites...
 
Rare should totally make a legitimate sequel (and not some crappy remake) but I lost hope in that happening years ago. Doubt it'll happen. "

What so bad about LAR? I hated the censors myself but I wouldn't call it crappy and the multiplayer had kept me busy until the Xbox 360. But I would agree that it is inferior to BFD. "
I felt that it was totally not worth the full price considering the only changes they made to the singleplayer made it worse. Those changes being the censors and those new enemies which were completely unnecessary and annoying. On top of that, I hated what they did with the multiplayer. Sure, it was definitely enjoyable and I do recall playing it for a decent amount of time, it's just that i loved BFD's multiplayer and they went out and completely changed it. I was hoping for something a little more in the style of BFD. Oh well, maybe I'm a little too hard on LAR. It did have some good graphics.
#17 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -

I don't know why you feel like you need to add the "for the XBOX 360" bit in there. Microsoft owns Rare. That's the ONLY console it'd be on. 
 
But yes, it's time for a sequel.

#18 Posted by L4wz (377 posts) -
@AgentJ said:
"I don't know why you feel like you need to add the "for the XBOX 360" bit in there. Microsoft owns Rare. That's the ONLY console it'd be on.  But yes, it's time for a sequel. "

I don't know why your username is "AgentJ" there are plenty of badass usernames out there. See what I did?
#19 Posted by L4wz (377 posts) -
@Pukit said:
" @L4wz said:
" @Pukit said:

"Man BFD was one of my favorites...
 
Rare should totally make a legitimate sequel (and not some crappy remake) but I lost hope in that happening years ago. Doubt it'll happen. "

What so bad about LAR? I hated the censors myself but I wouldn't call it crappy and the multiplayer had kept me busy until the Xbox 360. But I would agree that it is inferior to BFD. "
I felt that it was totally not worth the full price considering the only changes they made to the singleplayer made it worse. Those changes being the censors and those new enemies which were completely unnecessary and annoying. On top of that, I hated what they did with the multiplayer. Sure, it was definitely enjoyable and I do recall playing it for a decent amount of time, it's just that i loved BFD's multiplayer and they went out and completely changed it. I was hoping for something a little more in the style of BFD. Oh well, maybe I'm a little too hard on LAR. It did have some good graphics. "

I guess it helped that I got it at a cheaper price used.
#20 Edited by takua108 (1478 posts) -

Was I the only one who thought that the Live and Reloaded version of Conker (the character) looked like one of those let's-paint-Mario-as-if-he-were-a-real-person Photoshop abominations? I never played Live and Reloaded, and only played through Bad Fur Day a few months ago (I started years back but never got too far), and when I searched YouTube for information about Live and Reloaded, the amount of realism in Conker's character design (detail in fur, PANTS, etc.) was kind of offputting. 
 
ALSO, BAD FUR DAY'S WINDY THEME IS 100,000,000x BETTER THAN LIVE AND RELOADED's! (One of my favorite video game songs of all time!)

#21 Posted by iAmJohn (6117 posts) -
@takua108 said:
" ALSO, BAD FUR DAY'S WINDY THEME IS 100,000,000x BETTER THAN LIVE AND RELOADED's! (One of my favorite video game songs of all time!) "
As someone who thinks that Bad Fur Day is better in almost every way, you are completely wrong.  The fact that L&R's Windy has actual instruments and sounds awesome makes it way better. 
 
On topic, though, BFD was a one-of-a-kind game that worked because of how ridiculous and unique it was.  It's also a game that's incredibly of its time.  You cannot capture that same magic again, which is part of why L&R was so lame.  I don't think a sequel would have much more luck unless they took it in a very different direction.
#22 Posted by Synthballs (2193 posts) -
@hinderk: When I played Nuts N Bolts I'd been playing the first two on XBLA non stop and then when I borrowed the third, it was a massive departure, it just wasn't Banjo Kazooie. I found it a hollow shell of a once great franchise lacking something I could never put my finger no. By all means, it isn't a bad game, I like the concept but, I'd rather it of been a brand new IP.
#23 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

I've still never played Bad Fur Day or Live and Reloaded. I was too young to rent Bad Fur Day at the time. I tried renting Live and Reloaded, but my Blockbuster's only copy was damaged by the time I got to it. Really, though, I'd rather see KI3.

#24 Posted by Pukit (33 posts) -
@takua108 said:
" Was I the only one who thought that the Live and Reloaded version of Conker (the character) looked like one of those let's-paint-Mario-as-if-he-were-a-real-person Photoshop abominations? I never played Live and Reloaded, and only played through Bad Fur Day a few months ago (I started years back but never got too far), and when I searched YouTube for information about Live and Reloaded, the amount of realism in Conker's character design (detail in fur, PANTS, etc.) was kind of offputting. "
I totally see where you're coming from and agree with you. The game seemed much more fitting with BFDs graphics.
 
@takua108 said:
"  ALSO, BAD FUR DAY'S WINDY THEME IS 100,000,000x BETTER THAN LIVE AND RELOADED's! (One of my favorite video game songs of all time!) "
Oh god, I'm listening to it right now. NOSTALGIA!
#25 Posted by JJOR64 (18956 posts) -

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees.

#26 Posted by xyzygy (9953 posts) -
@TheGreatGuero said:
" I've still never played Bad Fur Day or Live and Reloaded. I was too young to rent Bad Fur Day at the time. I tried renting Live and Reloaded, but my Blockbuster's only copy was damaged by the time I got to it. Really, though, I'd rather see KI3. "
Wasn't someone from Rare hinting at KI3 with Natal Support?
#27 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -
@xyzygy: Yep. Although they've also been hinting at it and making teasers for like 8 years now, and still we've seen nothing. I won't believe it until I see it.
#28 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

What about Battletoads 2?  Actually I don't think you could make a Battletoads worth $60 by today's standards, but the name would sell it!
 
Blast Corps 2?  That would be awesome too.
 
Conker 2 isn't high on my list...

#29 Posted by takua108 (1478 posts) -

Also, I read somewhere that Rare said that if they made a new "Conker" game, they'd kill Conker off like right at the beginning. I read this and was like lolwut.

#30 Posted by Manatassi (791 posts) -

They should make a sequel worthy of Perfect Dark instead of a relatively disappointing Prequel.

#31 Posted by takua108 (1478 posts) -

So I just re-read the L&R article, and here's more things I dislike about L&R:

  • Conker's realistic-looking fur
  • Conker's pants
  • Conker's lack of gloves
  • Conker's "soldier" outfit... I thought it was way funnier when he was just wearing his regular outfit and a helmet
  • Conker holding one machine gun instead of two... yeah, maybe it's more "realistic," but that scene with him, holding two machine guns, with a helmet on his head, chomping a cigar was classic
  • The redesigned Tediz. I dunno, I just liked the old ones better
  
Those are the big ones for me. 
 
But yeah, I don't think Rare can really make another Conker game that would satisfy me. The way graphics have gotten these days, they'd have to make it look really realistic-looking, and the way games have gotten these days, they'll have to make it 13-year-old-boy-pleasing (i.e. lots of guns, more gun-combat focus... see L&R's multiplayer).
#32 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -
@takua108:  
 
I have to agree, the modern rendering loses all the charm of the original models.
#33 Posted by deusdigit (572 posts) -

Rare isn't the video game company they used to be. alot of the talented designers/artists and composers left before perfect dark zero was created. I feel that the future of rare won't be the best in the years to come. i certainly don't have faith in them after what they did to PDZ. That game was pure crap and that was my First xbox 360 game.

#34 Posted by Godwind (2597 posts) -

No, they should make it for the Wii.
 
Smashing Testicles with the Wii remote, alright.

#35 Posted by dutch42 (533 posts) -

would totally buy it. i remember playing the original on the n64 with my mate and having a great time.

#36 Posted by CowMuffins (1760 posts) -

We ain't going to see anything until they get some money from Natal and cover up for Nuts and Bolts' atrocious sales.

#37 Posted by L4wz (377 posts) -
@Godwind said:
"No, they should make it for the Wii.  Smashing Testicles with the Wii remote, alright. "

They can't, Microsoft owns Rare.