Edited 1 year, 4 months ago

Poll: Should the guys revisit the highlights (and lowlights) of this generation? (48 votes)

Yes 90%
No 10%

I was thinking the other day that once new consoles launch, we will likely stop seeing content for this generation. I'd like to see the guys do a live stream (SNES stream style) of their favorite games from this generation. Maybe throw in a few terrible games as well.

Perhaps this could be a part of the "Game of the Generation" feature they've been talking about for a while.

#1 Edited by Aegon (5377 posts) -

Sounds fine, sure.

#2 Edited by egg (1450 posts) -

It's perhaps a waste of their position to do things like retrospectives, top 100 lists, etc

#3 Posted by NoRemnants (378 posts) -

@egg: I'm not taking a retrospective. Just sitting down for an afternoon and playing some current generation games before they are retired. They don't really have much video for any pre-2008 current gen games.

#4 Posted by Svenzon (711 posts) -

I'd love to see one. Maybe a daylong live-stream, like the SNES one? That would be cool.

#5 Posted by coakroach (2488 posts) -

So we just watch them play video games?

I dont know man...

#6 Posted by AmatureIdiot (1062 posts) -

I think a "launch day" show would be cool, where they play the launch titles of the 360 and PS3. It would be cool to see how far we've come and to compare this generation to the next.

#7 Posted by StrikeALight (1112 posts) -

Sounds like a plan.

#8 Posted by Cheesebob (1230 posts) -

I really like that idea

#9 Posted by Nilazz (606 posts) -

As long as they force someone to play that horrible Secret Service I'm in!

#10 Posted by Scottish_Sin (221 posts) -

Sounds like a pretty solid idea to me. I'd be up for seeing that.

#11 Edited by DizzyMedal (398 posts) -

To be fair, you're essenitally asking 'should they make more video content for us to watch' ... that poll was only ever going to go one way.

#12 Edited by KaneRobot (1400 posts) -

I think pretty much every site is going to do some kind of retrospective, but this is probably the only site where I'd care enough to watch/read.

Kind of hoping we get to do a user-generated list of best games of the generation for the specific platforms, similar to how we do a GOTY list.

#13 Posted by crusader8463 (14412 posts) -

I would be surprised if they didn't, but I could see them doing an hour or two for each member highlighting their favourite games in one of the Friday videos.

#14 Posted by Sgtpierceface (608 posts) -

Why would someone say no to this? We already watch them playing random shit on Fridays.

#15 Posted by ReCkLeSs_X (458 posts) -

No way to go wrong with this kind of feature!

#16 Edited by Rafaelfc (1311 posts) -

any excuse for long ass streams where they play a lot of games and argue the finer points of terrible/awesome gems is fine with me

#17 Posted by BeachThunder (11652 posts) -

...but mostly lowlights...