Should the next IW COD have mechs?

K0rN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By K0rN

I am not sure just how much farther the series can go and still be called "Modern Warfare". I wouldn't be surprised if IW were to pull a GTA IV with the name and name it "Call of Duty 5: Future Warfare". This has given me the idea that IW could put mechs in the single player campaign to use in several setpieces. In multiplayer mechs could be on several different maps where everyone gets there own and like perks, weapons and gernades they can be customized. Like say have a minigun on the right arm and a rocket launcher on the left. Jets on the back for speed? Or extra armor plating for endurance? What do you guys think of this?
shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By shirogane

That's essentially asking for a totallly different game, something along the lines of armored core or mechwarrior. 

In which case, they might as well change the name completely? 

That said, i'd totally play it.
Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Red12b

FUCK YES!

ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By ParanoidFreak

I don't think the next CoD game should have mechs, but it is about damn time for a new game with mech-suits to come out.

K0rN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By K0rN
@Shirogane said:
"That's essentially asking for a totallly different game, something along the lines of armored core or mechwarrior.  In which case, they might as well change the name completely?  That said, i'd totally play it. "

Not like Gundam mechs. More like the ones in Avatar or something like that while still keeping with COD core gameplay.
Rehehelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Rehehelly

How far in the future are you going?

Current technology is looking into, well they have, a prototype exoskeleton that makes lifting heavy objects a lot easier so soldiers can work more efficiently/with less fatigue... not heard anything about combat mechs so.. your idea would be a completely new game. 

I'd play it, if it was done well. Just like the ones in avatar i'm guessing?

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By GunstarRed
@ParanoidFreak:
Lost planet has mechs.
shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By shirogane
@K0rN said:
"@Shirogane said:
"That's essentially asking for a totallly different game, something along the lines of armored core or mechwarrior.  In which case, they might as well change the name completely?  That said, i'd totally play it. "
Not like Gundam mechs. More like the ones in Avatar or something like that while still keeping with COD core gameplay. "

Wasn't saying anything about the design of the mechs, but the gameplay from a mech would be quite different from the fps style the game currently is and more like the style of those two games. Having a mech with full fps style gameplay would feel a bit weird, because of the way mechs move, they can't move as fluidly as a human. However, you could probably keep some of the core mechanics of the game, it would just feel different.
K0rN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By K0rN
@Shirogane said:
"@K0rN said:
"@Shirogane said:
Not like Gundam mechs. More like the ones in Avatar or something like that while still keeping with COD core gameplay. "
Wasn't saying anything about the design of the mechs, but the gameplay from a mech would be quite different from the fps style the game currently is and more like the style of those two games. Having a mech with full fps style gameplay would feel a bit weird, because of the way mechs move, they can't move as fluidly as a human. However, you could probably keep some of the core mechanics of the game, it would just feel different. "

I'm sure we would get used to it like with GTA IV's driving at first it felt awkward but soon it became second nature.
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By iam3green

NOOOO!!! i do not want to see a mech in the next COD game. it would be a totally different game if that happened. i do not want to see that happen to a game.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By breadfan

NO

joshy9411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By joshy9411

do you think the next transformers movie should have mechs? same applies with call of duty. that would be fuckin insane.
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Definitely not. Mechs are generally pretty lame.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By penguindust
Rumor has it that Infinity Ward isn't making the next Modern Warfare game, so if there are mechs in it, it likely won't be IW's doing.  There's been talk around Activision's shareholder reports of further monetizing the Call of Duty franchise by turning it into an MMO, so they might be doing that.  And, they did get some guaranteed funding from Activision to develop an original IP with their last contract negotiation.  Maybe, there will be mechs in that one.
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#16  Edited By Yummylee

Similair to the mechs in FEAR 2?
K0rN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By K0rN
@Abyssfull said:
"Similair to the mechs in FEAR 2? "

Yes but a hella lot more customizable.
bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By bicycleham

About as much as much as the next Call of Duty not having guns.

K0rN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By K0rN
@Xolare said:
"About as much as the next Call of Duty not having guns. "

Sounds like you have a broken record there so I fixed it :D
McPaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By McPaper

I personally dont care which direction the cod franchise goes in, if they announced Mechs or if they announced Dawn of Man: Prehistoric Warfare (calling it), I would be interested either way by the ridiculousness of them both. However personally I enjoy mechs more than throwing rocks so I would have the bias to think the game as down right awesome.
But, even if IW made a new title I doubt it their version of the future would include mechs.

However what you seem to be describing... or even desiring.. is a 'modern' made mech game with same cinematic action that call of duty is known for.

What you should be asking is "Why dont they make awesome mech games anymore?".

Fingers crossed for Front Mission Evolve, the new revival Mechwarrior and Armored Core 5. (My moneys on the new Mechwarrior).

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By Diamond

I'd rather play a COD that makes things more crazy than less, so sure.

Bombs_Away

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By Bombs_Away

There shouldn't be another COD game.

Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

Sure, why not? The story has already gone far and beyond past the point of plausibility. 

@Bombs_Away: I agree, but if there weren't there'll just be something else to take its place.