Should there be content this week?

• 114 results
Jennifyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I feel like it wouldn't be right for them to have to come in and make videos for us this week. A bombcast tommorrow would be.. I'm not sure how that would work. I think they all need time to remenber their friend, and process the loss. This is all just so sad..

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that's up to them. If they want to do content then they should. If not, then hopefully they'll be allowed to take a breather.

dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The guys should take the week off. They could take the month off for all I care. It's a tough thing to process.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

It's up to the staff. I'd completely understand either way.

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should do whatever feels right for them.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Entirely up to them. If it helps them with the pain, then sure. But it'd be absolutely understandable if they decided to take a breather and gather themselves.

Phoenix654

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

@jasonr86 said:

I concur. Sometimes the way to get through something like this is to soldier on, but sometimes it's best to take some time to face up to it and deal with it. Either way, I'd be all right with it. Take your time, duders. We'll be here when you get back.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The guys should take the week off. They could take the month off for all I care. It's a tough thing to process.

This.

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By EquitasInvictus

They've known since July 4th from what I've heard and just chose to announce it publicly today. Nevertheless, I think it's justifiable if they took the entire week off, it has probably been difficult for everyone the past few days so I wouldn't mind if they didn't put anything else out this week.

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@jasonr86 said:

This. I can't even imagine how hard it must be to be in that building, let alone that office now.

Jennifyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't care what they do, I just hope the rest of them are all right.. But if there is no bombcast or any content this week or month or for the next 6 months I think and hope we will all understand.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I will support them in whatever they decide.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Darji

I already said it in the Bombcast waiting room but I am not sure if Ryan would have liked that to cancel all the stuff. It was his life and when people die they don't want to be remembered that way but rather have a huge party etc. It is all to the Crew to decide what to do. No matter on what they decide it is the decision I will understand and support.

That said there was already content produced even people knew he died already. Just watch the Michael Jordan video at the end.

icicle7x3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By icicle7x3

Take all the time off you need guys, we all understand.

Except you Brad, we need our Dota!

fractallaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's up to the staff, of course, and I'm sure the loss is much worse for them than us, but I'd kind of like a live stream where we could all just memorialize him together. I may not have known him in person, but my life is better because of who he was. I'd like to commemorate that with others who feel the same.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@jasonr86 said:

Totally.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonr86 said:

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dungbootle said:

This.

yep.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Zeik

@darji said:

I already said it in the Bombcast waiting room but I am not sure if Ryan would have liked that to cancel all the stuff. It was his life and when people die they don't want to be remembered that way but rather have a huge party etc. It is all to the Crew to decide what to do. No matter on what they decide it is the decision I will understand and support.

Yeah, when it comes down to it they can't put it off too long, because otherwise the site could suffer, and I'm sure Ryan wouldn't want that. I don't think it would hurt to take a few days off though. Or at least be lax in content.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Whatever the staff thinks is right.

Avatar image for living4theday258
living4theday258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By living4theday258

its up to them to decide what to do.

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

Time to moarn is different to every person, one person might need a week, someone else 3, i feel they should just come back if and/or when it feels right. Ryan was pretty much the heart of the bombcast and the default presenter of the majority of the videos, its going to be strange and sad for everyone for quite some time and to try and rush into it would feel wrong.

If they guys are ready and they want to honor their fallen comrade by putting up content thats fine, if they need longer thats fine too, we all knew Ryan a little but they worked with him, laughed with him, shared the same air and office space. Ill stick by them regardless, my sorrow at such a loss will not be made better or worse by the addition of new content or lack of it. Best to play it by ear, right now im still coming to terms with everything myself like (im sure) most of the community is.

SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SeanFoster

I'd like some sort of memorial stream, maybe do a show dedicated to Ryan and invite everybody from the old Whiskey office (Dave, Will and Norm) as well as his friends like John Drake, Eric Pope and Max Temkin. But other than that, I think they should take some time off from talking video games, until it feels right. I feel like I'd need a week or two.

IroN1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji said:

I already said it in the Bombcast waiting room but I am not sure if Ryan would have liked that to cancel all the stuff. It was his life and when people die they don't want to be remembered that way but rather have a huge party etc. It is all to the Crew to decide what to do.

This exactly. I just spend the last 10 minutes trying to post this without sounding like a total dick, failed, but you managed it.

Giant Bomb was his passion, he helped build this thing for people to be informed, entertained and brought together. With only knowing his "internet persona" I'd imagine he would want things to continue.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was feeling the lack of content last week, but now I'll wait another week or more if they need to. It's up to them and I'll understand the decision either way.

MrNood1e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's up to the staff. I didn't personally know Ryan, but he's certainly impacted my life. I can't imagine how the rest of the crew feel. They can take as long as they need. I wouldn't fault them for anything.

firecracker22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree. Whatever the staff thinks is right, I'll support.

I mean, goddamn it was Ryan. I still can't believe it

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Whatever feels right.

Jennifyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm looking back at a lot of the last few weeks videos :( Drew hosting The Freedom Stream was weird... I'm so sorry they didn't get to enjoy their weekend off.. Feel like they deserve a breather. Also Ryan talking about almost dying moving the arcade machines seems so surreal now..

mysour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I understand if they need to take some time, but they're the only ones that can tell me that things are going to be alright.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Darji

@zeik said:

@darji said:

Yeah, when it comes down to it they can't put it off too long, because otherwise the site could suffer, and I'm sure Ryan wouldn't want that. I don't think it would hurt to take a few days off though. Or at least be lax in content.

I was not talking about any money issues I am pretty sure that is the least of their concerns. I was talking about paying him respect. I do no know if Ryan was the type of guy that wanted all this sadness going on but instead having more "fun" to all this. As strange as this sounds but people can be like that too. But again this is a decisions his best friends should decide.

Residentrevil2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If and when they decide to put something up I want it to be about Ryan. I want to know how the GB Team met him and got together. Gamespot stories and such would be neat....but it's up to them. I wouldn't mind a party of some sort...like a stream celebrating Ryan's life and work.

But, boy, this is a crazy and terrible start of the week...

P.S. I hate Mondays.

JBG4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I feel like this week should probably be reserved for mourning and allowing the crew to collect themselves after what has happened. All of the guys seem to have a great relationship and I know that it must be tough for them to lose a friend in Ryan.

No one will be angry if we don't get any content this week. This is a time of mourning.

cutyoface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should take as long as they need.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's entirely up to them.
Whatever they decide to do, I'm behind them all the way

Ett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Ett

they should repost their favourite stuff with ryan this week. Maybe do a short podcast since they never missed a week. Or fuck it seems a good reason to skip a week. But there are people who only listen to the podcast. So a short statement could be way to not miss a week. Hell in the end i wouldn't blame them if they all quit. The greatest bands ended when the lead died.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I don't know. I mean, after today's news, all videogame discussions just seems... superfluous.

I believe Ryan wouldn't like the site and the community to just stop because of it, but (in their place) it wouldn't feel right for the rest of the crew to be talking and joking about The Walking Dead DLC, Civ 5 or other stuff...

Avatar image for deactivated-582d227526464
deactivated-582d227526464

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'm insisting on them skipping this week. no one should have to put on a show for us after this

DeadPan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By DeadPan

I remember Ryan saying he never wanted a Bombcast to be missed but the guys could take the next month off. As long as they come back when they are ready

Fierrze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah they should take all the time they need to process all this.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

@dungbootle said:

This.

agreed

Avatar image for rhombus_of_terror
Rhombus_Of_Terror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whatever helps the GB staff cope better with their understandably horrible situation. I completely understand either way.

unfunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Something about having a bombcast this week wouldn't sit right with me, honestly. Mostly because anyone who listens would immediately make the realization that he isn't starting it.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like to think the community can be a source of strength and support aswell as a source of comment/forum post irritation :P, if the crew providing content for us hungry savages helps then by all means, if they want to take time they should take time.

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Hell, *I* barely feel like working today, so I can't imagine what it must be like for those guys. I say no rush. They should make their next videos when they're good and ready to.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@jasonr86 said:

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On one hand, I don't want them to make content this week. Give it some time to sink in for everyone. On the other hand, it always seemed like Ryan took pride in his "never missed a week"-bombcast record. I don't know if he would want that to stop, even in these kinds of circumstances.

Ultimately it is up to the crew. They knew him well. And they know what's best. Hope they are pulling through it.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji said:

@zeik said:

@darji said:

I was not talking about any money issues I am pretty sure that is the least of their concerns. I was talking about paying him respect. I do no know if Ryan was the type of guy that wanted all this sadness going on but instead having more "fun" to all this. As strange as this sounds but people can be like that too. But again this is a decisions his best friends should decide.

I wasn't necessarily talking about money (although they obviously can't take like a month off), but more just the site itself. Obviously the crew should take what time they need to process all this, but Ryan didn't seem like the type who would want to see everyone moping around for weeks and not enjoy themselves.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering how hard the community has taken the news, I can't imagine how the staff must be feeling.

At the same time, Ryan probably wouldn't want everything to stop because of him, so yeah, it's pretty much up to them. I'd certainly understand if there was no content at all for a while.