#1 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

I finally finished the story last night and enjoyed it.   

Do you think another Red Dead would be necessary?  
If so, what would you want changed?

#2 Edited by Fjordson (2448 posts) -

I'd definitely want another as long as they had a decent enough story and cast of characters to go along with it. Continuing Red Dead Redemption's narrative and characters would really go against the wild west theme, considering what year it is by the time the game ends.

I think a prequel would be awesome. It would basically be to RDR what Vice City was to GTA III. Same universe, cameos from characters in the first game (Dutch's original gang, younger Marston, etc.) but with a new protagonist and new locations.

At the end of the day, I'll be excited for whatever Rockstar San Diego does next, given how good Redemption is.

#3 Posted by Djeffers03 (2545 posts) -

Their kinda running out of time with the setting, Redemption took place in 1911 I think which is the very end of the Wild West.    

#4 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -
@Djeffers03 said:
"  Their kinda running out of time with the setting, Redemption took place in 1911 I think which is the very end of the Wild West.     "
Do you want another one?
#5 Posted by HODGEY3000 (344 posts) -

i'd prefer a prequal set in civel war era wild west
#6 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

If Red Dead doesnt become GTA 2.0 im gonna be mad. i want RDR to spawn sequels til kingdom come 

LOVE ME SOME MOTHERFUCKING ROCKSTAR GAMES

#7 Posted by Djeffers03 (2545 posts) -
@Axxol: Sure but not if it takes place after Redemption, it'll be too modern. I would love one that takes place around the civil war era or something along those lines.
#8 Edited by GunnBjorn (2911 posts) -

Well, the game ended in the year 1914. 
A spiritual successor would be great in a WWI setting. 
Of course, the whole 'Wild West' thing will be over. 
And it should take place in Europe.
#9 Posted by Shocker (2339 posts) -

I loved Red Dead Redemption, so of course I would love to see another one.

#10 Posted by tallTuck94 (553 posts) -

i could go for a jack marston sequel, maybe after world war 1?
also they to make it so supporting characters hang around till the end that was my only gripe with this game
why did john not contact people like marshall johnstone or reyes (although i hated reyes) at the end it should have been jack and abigail running to get help from marshall then you control marshall to get revenge 
DAMMIT I JUST WANT SOME PLAYABLE MARSHALL JOHNSTONE DLC!

#11 Posted by CaptainObvious (2993 posts) -

Yes please.

#12 Posted by reinha6 (63 posts) -

I agree with a prequel. I really don't want to play as his son. Or maybe they could tie-in a story to the plot from this game?

#13 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

How about a real western?

Bit shame how all western games always end up with early cars, automatic pistols and cities.
You know Armadillo? That's a western town, we need more of those and more cowboy weapons instead of german mini uzi's.

So, prequel :(

#14 Posted by Izaak (248 posts) -

Yeah, The game ends where the wild west dies and WW1 starts. It'd have to be a prequel for it to still be a wild west game.

#15 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -

I'd play it, but I won't be said if it never comes.

#16 Posted by Hourai (2795 posts) -

I'm down with a prequel, or even something with an entirely different character. If it doesn't take place during the Wild West then it wouldn't be a Red Dead game. 

#17 Posted by JJWeatherman (14557 posts) -

I'd like a game that fleshes out the back story of John a bit more. Riding around with Bill killing people would be good times. 

Sure, they should make another one.

#18 Posted by EvolutionX0 (413 posts) -
Red Dead Revenge sounds good, but I agree..if it ain't set during the wild west then it ain't a red dead game.  A prequel about John's back story would be better.
#19 Posted by Raakill (870 posts) -

Yes, bring the first one to pc before that though.

#20 Posted by pwnasaurus (1286 posts) -

i bought a 360 just for red dead, a prequel about johns past would be cool.

#21 Edited by Franstone (1093 posts) -

I don't think it's a question of "should" it's a question of when... 

Red Dead was the hottest selling game of the summer. 
I'm sure the sequel is already in the works. 

Can't think at the moment as to what I would want changed, was a pretty damn good game... 
I'm sure they could do more w/ online/co-op... Maybe some co-op campaign! 5 player co-op any1??  ; ) 
Any other improvements would prob take some serious think-tank time. 

Red Dead the MMORPG? hah! Interesting...
#22 Posted by RobotHamster (4171 posts) -

Only if it takes the wild west, to space!

#23 Posted by Jimbo (9772 posts) -

They should make another historical open-world game, but I don't think they need to use the same setting.

#24 Posted by Eric5676 (36 posts) -

Hell, yes. And bring them to the PC while they're at it.

#25 Posted by erik_wolff (70 posts) -
@RobotHamster said:

" Only if it takes the wild west, to space! "

How about they just make a Firefly game?
#26 Posted by Eric5676 (36 posts) -
@erik_wolff said:
" @RobotHamster said:

How about they just make a Firefly game? "
That would be fantastic. There's a lot of potential there.
#27 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

Why the hell not they make good games.

#28 Posted by Artemis_D (817 posts) -

Why not?  I would've said a second one wasn't necessary after Read Dead Revolver, but look how that turned out.

#29 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4594 posts) -

I'm going to go ahead and say "no". 

RDR was one of those rare games that nailed it the first time around. From a game standpoint, there isn't anything to fix, so there isn't a reason for a sequel in that regard. 

Narratively speaking, they completely wrapped up John Marston's tale of redemption, and so there's really no wiggle room for expanding upon him or New Austin/West Elizabeth/Mexico. The only way you could get another RDR is if you went prequel, and that would more than likely cheapen what we have already. 

So that leaves the only other possibility being a new character in a new setting, and that sounds boring to me. I liked John, and I loved his story. I don't really give two shits for the next cowboy.

#30 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

I agree on the basis that there need to be more Western games.

#31 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@RobotHamster said:

oh lawd have mercy 

@KingWilly said:
" I'm going to go ahead and say "no".  RDR was one of those rare games that nailed it the first time around. From a game standpoint, there isn't anything to fix, so there isn't a reason for a sequel in that regard.  Narratively speaking, they completely wrapped up John Marston's tale of redemption, and so there's really no wiggle room for expanding upon him or New Austin/West Elizabeth/Mexico. The only way you could get another RDR is if you went prequel, and that would more than likely cheapen what we have already.  So that leaves the only other possibility being a new character in a new setting, and that sounds boring to me. I liked John, and I loved his story. I don't really give two shits for the next cowboy. "
you're saying that a new RDR game released in 2012 wouldnt have anything more to offer, or anything more advanced than what RDRedemption gave us ?  
come on
#32 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4594 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic: I'm saying that we've pretty much done all there is to do in a Wild West setting. I can't really see them bringing something new to the table in such a short span of time. 

Seriously, think of something that was missing from RDR. I can't. 

Also the big draw with RDR seemed to be the single player component, and a lot of people are calling it GOTY for that. The Multiplayer is getting patched and updated all the time, so really, what else can they do with the concept?
#33 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@KingWilly said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic: I'm saying that we've pretty much done all there is to do in a Wild West setting. I can't really see them bringing something new to the table in such a short span of time.  Seriously, think of something that was missing from RDR. I can't.   "
thats what i said about Vice City before San Andreas came out, and then i said it about San Andreas before IV came out 
i was wrong every time. you THINK that RDR is the most we can get out of the western setting, but you're wrong. do they necessarily need to bring something "new" to the table? not exactly. the 3 GTA games i mentioned didnt bring TOTALLY new mechanics or ideas to the series, all they brought was simple changes that mattered alot in the gameplay, better graphics, different landscapes and a couple of innovative ideas. yet they blew our minds like a whore working full time on a friday night (:
#34 Posted by Peacemaker (1101 posts) -

I think it would be nice to see another one eventually.  Red Dead was such a huge expansive game.  DLC is still coming out for it.  I don't think I would care to see one for a little while.  I'd like a new GTA first from all the stuff they learned while making Red Dead.