Should Virtual Console Games from Wii be on DS?

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By Tireyo

I personally think that Virtual Console games from Wii should be on DS!  If you bought a VC title on the Wii already, then it would actually be nice to sync them with your DS.  Some games that require more buttons probably wouldn’t be on DS, but the majority of VC games would be compatible with the buttons on the DS.  Playing the games from the old days for those on the go gamers would absolutely be wonderful!  Not paying any extra to have them on the DS would be nice as well.  Wii syncing with DS!!  Great idea!  If this feature was available, I might consider getting the new DSi.  What do ya’ll think about this?  Do you think it’s a good idea?  Don’t be afraid to leave your comments!  See you all later!

-Ty

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

YES!!!!! It would make complete sense for everything apart from N64 games, which is a bit tricky because of the controls.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Tireyo

Well N64 should be on there.  Super Mario 64 DS!!  You don't need the touch screen for that.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Endogene

Well it might happen, Virtual Console has already been announced on the DSi in Japan however only for Gameboy and Gameboy advance titles however just recently it has been announced that the TV episodes bought on the wii in the Japans upcomming TV channal will be transferable to the DSi.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Tireyo

Oh wow! That would be nice.  I just wish everything could be transferred to DS!!!  I mean everything!! :D

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Pazy

Everything but the N64 would definately work. Putting N64 roms on the DS dosent work (hardware isnt up to it). Chances are the reason Super Mario 64 DS works is because it was specially ported. But id love if it worked, the only problem is that on DS its the idea that you can get all retro games for about £20 (*Cough* sorry to mention it) versus £5+ per game on Virtual Console.

What would be awesome if the BBC iPlayer allowed downloads of shows to DS (which they currently allow to PC and some mobile devices) even if it was only through the Wii. Even in super low quality the though of sitting on a bus catching up on Johnathen Ross or something would be awesome. Or all the radio shows that the DS could easily handle.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By TheGreatGuero

While that would be cool, I don't think it'll ever happen.

Calidreth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#8  Edited By Calidreth

I'd love to see some 64 games on there, but as Guero said, I don't think it'll happen.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Willy105

The DS can't run N64 games. The N64 ports had to be "graphically streamlined", i.e. dumbed down, to even work on the DS. A console can't emulate a console stronger than it.

TobyD81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 29

#10  Edited By TobyD81

Yes, easy question. In fact if they allowed that, I'd probably buy more games. get on it, Ninty!

harris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By harris

Should: Yes
Will be: No

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Godwind

Nah, I would rather have my portable Virtual Console.  By the way, still waiting for Castlevania portable revivals. 

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Godwind

Nah, I would rather have my portable Virtual Console.  By the way, still waiting for Castlevania portable revivals. 

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By toowalrus

If they're good, why not?

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By toowalrus
Tireyo643 said:
"Well N64 should be on there.  Super Mario 64 DS!!  You don't need the touch screen for that."
They really had to mess with the game to make it work (like adding a 'run button.) If they were going to release N64 games for the DS (like Ocarina of Time), I'd rather see them make the graphical and control improvements like they did with Mario 64.
CaptainScarLeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#16  Edited By CaptainScarLeg

At the very least NES games should be available for the DSi, I mean the GBA could emulate NES games.
But yeah, they should definetely do it for all the games they can.

I wonder if they will add wireless multiplayer for the GB and GBA games. That would be brilliant.

Conan1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Conan1111

I would buy a DSi if that happened.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18  Edited By kush

If this were true (and only this) then I would buy a DSi in a heartbeat, but I doubt this would ever come true...Nintendo doesn't tend to ever do anything that I want.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By Karmum

That would be pretty awesome. I'd love to play some of the older games I have on my Wii on a handheld...legally.