Should we be talking about Alex's recent tweet?

• 118 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jaqen_hghar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

I don't even understand why people call this fat shaming. The monstrosity is not fat, it's a monstrosity. To me the tweet instantly read as "look at this monster", which from what I hear about this guy is absolutely appropriate.
I also think human garbage is fair game when it comes to insults. You are a good dude @alex, keep on being your awesome self.

clarkj1981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Can we please stop with the overzealous language policing of America? To the extent "fat shaming" is a real thing--this isn't it. And to the extent you think we should be "talking" about this tweet, please go find some actual causes with real life implications to support.

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think we should leave calling people "human garbage" to the white supremacists, personally; even as a joke.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

The fact that this thread got this far is baffling to me. Who gives a shit? Fucking seriously? Some people deserve to be treated a certain way when they open themselves up to it so easily. Alex said what he wanted to, and judging by what kind of person Matt Forney appears to be, he could have justifiably gone a lot farther. But in the end, it doesn't really affect anyone, most certainly not anyone here. There's no "hate speech" to get fake-outraged over from Alex's side. Sack up and move on.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@grapesoda: look dude, if you think you're above ever insulting anyone, more power to you. You're a better person than me because I'm certainly not. If the point of this thread is to hold everyone to the same moral superiority as yourself, I guess you win. I'll hand you that victory and say that I probably will continue to insult people who I find to be reprehensible shitbags and hell, I'll probably insult some people that I just find generally annoying too. Such is life.

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Must be a slow summer for games if these kind of topics are getting so much traffic on these forums.

#MakeVideoGamesGreatAgain

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#107  Edited By Justin258

I'm not going to try to defend Alex here but I am going to say that I really don't care and I think this shouldn't have been brought up.

If Matt Forney has a problem with it, he has a soapbox and a Twitter account, he can say something back or ask for an apology or just completely ignore it. Now that I know who he is, I'm pretty sure he gets his fair share of hate and knows how to deal with it. Also, let's be completely fair, he's one of those people who can dish out more hate than he actually gets, so if he did see Alex's tweet, he probably laughed.

He'd probably also laugh at this thread, for several reasons, not the least of which is the fact that more people now know who he is, giving him an even bigger soapbox for his - and this is not an unfair statement - backwards-thinking, stone-age politics.

hach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By hach

@takayamasama: But I heard it was the best time to be playing video games!

BallsLeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Milkman

Also, side note, I really don't understand where people are getting "fat shaming" from this. If anything, this is shape shaming. It's not offensive to fat people, it's offensive to people shaped like lumpy eggs.

bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'm getting the feeling that this thread's gonna be locked up soon

grapesoda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By grapesoda

Thank you to everyone that kept things civil, especially you @alex but I'm done. I tried asking why its OK to respond to hate with hate but it seems to have turned into an Alex Vs. Matt shitshow with the closest thing to an answer being "they don't deserve any better".

gamehaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By gamehaver

I'm sorry OP but I stared at the pictures of Matt Forney and the gross man-sculpture and I couldn't tell the difference

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1d502761653
deactivated-5d1d502761653

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly I can't give a f. For me this post says more about OP than the people involved.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By MezZa

Regardless of whether he should have said it or not, this thread isn't making things any better. He has the right to not change his tweet on the subject if he doesn't want to. Doesn't make it right or wrong, but there's no point in bringing it here. If you don't like what he said that's fine and perfectly understandable. Voice your opinion on twitter if you need to, but I think its better left where it started. Why do we need to pile in on this exactly? We aren't here to tell Alex what he should and shouldn't say.

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#117  Edited By Wacomole

From what I've now heard, 140 characters or less is more than enough to have spent on this particular individual. I don't believe it needed spreading to here.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Should we talking about this example of one nobody tweeting what I guess to some people would count as harassment to another nobody? Probably not.

Should one of said nobodies tweet dumb shit at the other nobody? Probably not.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grapesoda: you're trying to make blanket statements about right and wrong when it's more complicated than that. There's no answer to your question because it's probably not "right" to respond to hate with hate, as you put it. But we're humans, not benevolent angels of good will. You're not always going to have the absolute moral high ground on everything you say. If that's how you choose to leave your life, fine. But for most other people, it doesn't work like that.

Cagliostro88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh, sometimes Alex will do that. I remember at the start of the drama of summer 2014 a certain tweet about "neckbeards" and "jizz napkins" that he then went and deleted later. It happened, it will happen again, he said himself that he will do it so there is no reason to be surprised.

gamehaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Matt Horney

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dancinguy: they kinda are, and i STILL think they're probably the best and most civil example of an interent community.

love y'all, lock this thread up plz <3

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's ok because for a hell of a lot of people being overweight is a choice, if you're overweight and have all the abilities necessary to not be overweight, don't be overweight, if you're fat because you want to be, or because you don't want to bother losing the weight then feel free to be happy about it, i personally won't make fun of you but others will so be prepared for that.
I don't know who Matt Forney is, but he looks and sounds like a fully capable guy, who likes a large meal, i think you'd have to have some kind of ego to make fun of others regardless of the condition so i dislike the person doing it, but i'm not against fat shaming in general for the reasons above.
Yes, of course, if someone has a disability which takes it out of their control that's another matter.

TanookiSuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

China don't care.

alex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since the owner of this thread has said they're done, I'm gonna lock this now.