• 127 results
Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Al3xand3r

Hm, the discs go hot even with the red light mode? Mine got insanely hot in orange mode, so I figured I'd just switch Wii Connect off to fix it...

...But still haven't.

freakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By freakin

I once left my Wii on with a disc spinning inside of it, the Wii started making weird noises like the disc was wobbling around inside of it out of control, also I could hear a faint voice saying that they were going to kill me.   The disc was fine though, but I shant be doing that again.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By The_A_Drain
@AgentJ:

I'm more paranoid than nintendo is safe :P

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#104  Edited By atejas
@SmugDarkLoser said:
Well, sort of, yea.  Conduit looks like crap yet it gets hype...for its graphics. "
ODST doesn't even have graphics going for it and look at the hype that gets.
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#105  Edited By Diamond
@atejas said:
"
@SmugDarkLoser said:
Well, sort of, yea.  Conduit looks like crap yet it gets hype...for its graphics. "
ODST doesn't even have graphics going for it and look at the hype that gets. "
To be fair Conduit has gotten most of its hype based on graphics alone.  ODST gets hype because it's Halo.  Neither deserve it, but sadly that's how much of capitalism works.
Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#106  Edited By Optiow

I don't the Wii cares about graphics. They care about their games...which in all honesty are not appealing to me.

KillaMaStA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#107  Edited By KillaMaStA

I do expect it. Which is why i dont have a wii.

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#108  Edited By Kohe321

The Wiis selling point is gameplay (motion controlls) over graphics. Expecting the same graphics as the PS3/360 from the Wii would be like expecting an old Toyota to do 0-60mph equally quick as a Ferrari. They are just not the same thing...

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#109  Edited By Karmum
@SmugDarkLoser said:
" I don't get it, shouldn't we expect wii games to have as good graphics as 360 and ps3 games? Because honestly now, the wii costs more than the X360....What's the wii's pass? "
Joke, right? Because it costs more than the Xbox 360, it should have the same (or even, better) hardware and graphic capabilities?
killdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By killdave

The wii sells well enough as it is. If it had better graphics I still wouldn't play the games though.

I'll stick to my PC Xbox PSP and PS3
Rated in that order:p

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#111  Edited By get2sammyb
@SmugDarkLoser: Ahhh but the Wii doesn't break so easily, sir. You pay the extra for quality built hardware.
atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#112  Edited By atejas
@get2sammyb said:
" @SmugDarkLoser: Ahhh but the Wii doesn't break so easily, sir. You pay the extra for quality built hardware. "
I was under the impression the secrets of Nintendium processing which made the gameboy invincible were lost with the DS.
KindGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By KindGalaxy

I like my Wii, it gives me exactly what I expected from a Nintendo product. I'm not going to stipulate beyond that, it is what it is and it is what I wanted. The price is worth it, for me, as was an Xbox 360 at launch and a Playstation 3 at launch with no bundle. They are what they are, the consumer buys what they want to buy, and the world keeps turning.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#114  Edited By Jeust

Price is made by demand... If wii is selling like hot cakes it is justified to have a high price... if nobody bought it, then the price should lower. 

Commercial logic...
Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#115  Edited By Red

Graphics really don't matter. I think Punch-Out looks better than Crysis. Actually, most great Wii games don't go for realism at all, while some 360 and PS3 games just look butt-ugly after a few years. What we should be expecting from the Wii is great games overall.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#116  Edited By oldschool
@Red said:
" Graphics really don't matter. I think Punch-Out looks better than Crysis. Actually, most great Wii games don't go for realism at all, while some 360 and PS3 games just look butt-ugly after a few years. What we should be expecting from the Wii is great games overall. "
QFT  :-)
Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#117  Edited By Meowayne
Lyphen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Lyphen

Shouldn't we expect better threads and arguments from you? Because all I'm seeing is flamebaiting trash.

Kenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Kenny

By your logic, the PSP Go should have equal graphics to consoles and so should an unlocked Iphone...you fail.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#120  Edited By Video_Game_King

Huh? Price reflects graphical capabilities? When did this happen?

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Stang
@SmugDarkLoser said:
"
@PureRok said:
"I don't get the logic behind this. "It costs more, so it must be better." is extremely flawed logic."
Why shouldn't we expect the wii be as powerful as the other consoles if it costs more than the 360? There's no reason it should cost $250 and be so weak now. "
Last time I checked graphics don't mean shit. Ever wonder why VC is so popular? A magical thing called game play. People know what they are in for when they buy a Wii. If you are a graphics whore, do your due diligence and pick up a 360/PS3 instead.
Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#122  Edited By Ket87

I was expecting the Wii to have good graphics but then it ended up being only about as powerful as the original Xbox was which was lame I thought. Nintendo always fell short in the hardware department because of their own doing. Nintendo would make great consoles IMO if they would just do everything right insead of doing stupid things. The N64 was twice as powerful as the PSX but Nintendo opted to go for cartridges which were antiques as far as gaming went at the time. With the GameCube they had more power than the PS2 but again they did stupid crap and had the mini-DVDs to "prevent piracy" which halfed their disc space and most developers instead of going two discs just over compressed the data leading to crapy mutli-plats. Also they were one should button short with the controller which further crapped up multiplats.

With the Wii they didn't include a HDD or a competetent online service. And the focus on the Wii-mote made traditional games near impossible on the console relagating it to party games or on rail shooters. Nintendo could be on even ground with Sony/Microsoft but they choose not to be. Which is why I'm done with Nintendo, they don't care to compete, they'd rather make a last gen hardware console with a gimmick and target small children and soccer moms to drive sales while shunning the people who grew up your consoles. They continue to release rehash after rehash of the same 4 properties and don't risk anything new.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#123  Edited By natetodamax
@End_Boss said:
" This is why everybody hates you, Smug.

No Caption Provided
"

Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Black_Raven

It cost that much because people are willing to pay that much for it, simple as that.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#125  Edited By Black_Rose

No, because from the very start Nintendo told us what to expect and what not to expect from the Wii.

BODDAH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By BODDAH

Shouldn't we expect the the 360 / PS3 to outsell the Wii? Oh wait...

Calidreth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#127  Edited By Calidreth

Another dumb thread.