Avatar image for buzz_killington
buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By buzz_killington

Seems like they are pumping out at least 2-3 Guitar Hero games and one Rock Band game each year. Some have tried to cash in on the success (e.g. Rock Revolution), and I'm sure more will. New franchises are being made like DJ Hero, and Scratch. Not to mention the uncountable number of Karaoke games coming out.
I'm sure this well will dry out in the near future, and people will get sick and tired of these games. Who buys this much expensive (over $100 bundles) games anyways?
 I personally bought Guitar Hero II, and then the original Rock Band. They were kinda cool, as a distraction for 10 minutes at a time. But I haven't gone back to either. I am probably going to but the next big game in the Rock Band franchise with actual innovations, but I am getting tired of haering about music games every single day. Who else feels this way, and when do you think these games will stop being profitable?

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I'm not tired of music games, I'm tired of the same music games, I just want something new

skilzlost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By skilzlost

im sick of "them" music games yes.. but the new dj thing is looking very good and hopefully this will be the last of them ..

but as for music games i say bring back some more traditional type of music games like "lumanies" "everyday shooter" and others ..

proper music games in my opinion just go back to enjoying the great music while your playing somethign.

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Nasar7

I'm sick of GH and Rock Band. DJ Hero and Scratch on the other hand are welcome.

MrPerfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MrPerfect

Im not tired of music games, I find them fun to play at parties. 

Avatar image for buzz_killington
buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By buzz_killington
@MrPerfect:
yes, they are fun little distractions. but do we need this so many of them?
Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buzz_killington said:
" @MrPerfect: yes, they are fun little distractions. but do we need this so many of them? "
There are too much of almost every type of game, you just don't notice cause they don't come in fat boxes and don't cost 100 bones
Wanna count the multiple training/cardio workout games on wii ? 
Gmanall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By Gmanall

I wish there was a universal music game platform instead of all the splintering with Beatles,AC/DC ect.

ZmillA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By ZmillA

Don't play them if you're tired. Obviously they will still make them while people want to play them.

MrPerfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MrPerfect
@buzz_killington said:
" @MrPerfect: yes, they are fun little distractions. but do we need this so many of them? "
I think we need to keep updating them from time to time or else they would get boring. 
skilzlost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By skilzlost
@addictedtopinescent said:
"
@buzz_killington said:
There are too much of almost every type of game, you just don't notice cause they don't come in fat boxes and don't cost 100 bones
Wanna count the multiple training/cardio workout games on wii ? 
"
yes very good point.. i think its just more noticable at the moment because of the corny but sweet lego rock band.
MrPerfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MrPerfect

I think with lego rock band it went to far, these lego games are starting to get annoying now. 

skilzlost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By skilzlost
@MrPerfect said:
" I think with lego rock band it went to far, these lego games are starting to get annoying now.  "
yea i agree i still have indiana jones lego .. i just got bored of the whole lego thing.. i do plan to play it one day its meant to be an ok one...but yes .. yukk >< i cant stand lego stuff anymore so i prob will never complete it ..
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

They're boring now.  I loved Guitar Hero when it came out, now it's just not even fun to play.

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#15  Edited By gingertastic_10

i never play them anymore. unless my sister wants to play, then i will

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Akeldama

yes i am 

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RsistncE

I've never really liked them to begin with.

vendetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By vendetta

I got incredibly sick of them when I finished playing Rock Band. I have no interest in them anymore.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#19  Edited By natetodamax
@SmugDarkLoser said:
" They're boring now.  I loved Guitar Hero when it came out, now it's just not even fun to play. "
Agreed. I followed Guitar Hero religiously through the third one, and after that I just forgot about it and can't even turn it on anymore.
Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TheMustacheHero

They're just incredibly boring.

TobyD81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 29

#21  Edited By TobyD81
@buzz_killington: I'm not sick of expensive music game bundles, but that's because I've only bought one in the last two years. I got Rock Band as a bundle, then RB2, and I buy the occasional download song. It's still one of my favorite games and I play several times a week. The trick is not to buy every bundle that comes out, just pick a platform (Rock Band or Guitar Hero) and stick with it.
MrRedwine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MrRedwine

I love them.  I am sticking with the Rock Band franchise because of the fact that my DLC carries over.  I can't explain why I love them.  I guess I love music and I enjoy the atmosphere at a party.  I also enjoy cranking up my sound system and wailing away on a great Boston solo or something.  It just feels good.  I sorry if your tired of them, but I guess I'm kind of tired of FPSs, and there are certainly WAY more of those.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By CL60

Nah

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Maybe I just like rhythm games or music more than most people but I still find these games really fun. I'm not so into the look of DJ Hero and Scratch but I still love Guitar Hero, Rock Band and Elite Beat Agents.

TobyD81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 29

#25  Edited By TobyD81
@Gamer_152: Dude, I'm dying for a sequel to EBA. And no, this is not a cue for people to tell me to import Ouendan 2; half of what made EBA great was its interpretation of American pop songs.
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator
@TobyD81 said:
"@Gamer_152: Dude, I'm dying for a sequel to EBA. And no, this is not a cue for people to tell me to import Ouendan 2; half of what made EBA great was its interpretation of American pop songs."

I've thought the exact same thing many times before. It's such a tragedy that the game bombed outside of Japan, I think if more people played the game they'd actually really like it.
Big_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Big_D

No one said you had to buy them. Personally I love Rock Band and their format for releasing songs and being able to play them .Screw GH's 15 standalone discs every year.

Turtlefuzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28  Edited By Turtlefuzz

I'm starting to get weary of instrument based music games. But I'm still really enjoying Audiosurf, and I'm considering picking up Rock Band: Unplugged.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By The_A_Drain

I thought I was, but I discovered an XBLA game I owned but still hadn't played (on one of the compilation discs I got so cheap that only buying it for Pacman was totally worth it)

Boom Boom Rocket, music is kinda relaxing and it's reminiscent of the firework game on the PS2, forgot it's name. Hella fun for half an hour and a super easy like 100 achievement points.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By EVO

Just the other night I popped Vib-Ribbon into my PS3 and to my surprise, it worked. If you're not familiar with it:

But here's the catch: if you get sick of the J-pop you can just insert any CD and it generates the level.

What I'm getting at is I miss those quirky Japanese rhythm games like Parappa the Rapper, Guitaroo Man etc.
Avatar image for bestusernameever
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By BestUsernameEver

Absolutely. I thought I was alone for the most part on this subject. Almost everyone I know loves and plays the Guitar hero games, ONLY guitar hero, not rock band. I might have given them some excuse, but still any music game that someone obsesses over is never a good thing.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Fallen189

Agents areeeeee......

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO