Skate 2 Demo Includes Online Multiplayer

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

Edited By Hector

Sorry PlayStation 3 owners, you have to wait another week for your demo.

Nail the gap for the press release.

Get on Board Early With the Skate 2 Demo on Xbox Live Marketplace and PlayStation Network

REDWOOD CITY, Calif.—(BUSINESS WIRE)—Black Box, an Electronic Arts Inc. studio (NASDAQ: ERTS) announced today that the Skate 2 demo will hit Xbox Live Marketplace on January 8th and the PlayStation Network on January 15, 2009. The demo introduces players to the city of New San Vanelona where they can skate with style and individuality via access to the enhanced character customization tools. Gamers will get a first glimpse of the deep single-player story and exciting challenges in all-new locations. The Skate 2 demo will also feature two of the game’s online Party Play modes: Thrasher’s Hall of Meat and Spot Battle.

Skate 2 ups the ante in delivering all the grit, creativity and culture of skateboarding. Equipped with double the bag of tricks, players are tasked to rebuild their career and revive the skate scene. Now with the ability to get off-board and move objects, gamers can create their own epic spots and challenges, which can then be uploaded, shared and experienced by others around the world.

I can tell you what I am going to be doing most of the day tomorrow!  In fact, it's probably the same thing I will be doing every day until the game comes out.  Make sure you come back tomorrow for some hands-on impressions of the demo and more than a few bail videos.

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Hector

Sorry PlayStation 3 owners, you have to wait another week for your demo.

Nail the gap for the press release.

Get on Board Early With the Skate 2 Demo on Xbox Live Marketplace and PlayStation Network

REDWOOD CITY, Calif.—(BUSINESS WIRE)—Black Box, an Electronic Arts Inc. studio (NASDAQ: ERTS) announced today that the Skate 2 demo will hit Xbox Live Marketplace on January 8th and the PlayStation Network on January 15, 2009. The demo introduces players to the city of New San Vanelona where they can skate with style and individuality via access to the enhanced character customization tools. Gamers will get a first glimpse of the deep single-player story and exciting challenges in all-new locations. The Skate 2 demo will also feature two of the game’s online Party Play modes: Thrasher’s Hall of Meat and Spot Battle.

Skate 2 ups the ante in delivering all the grit, creativity and culture of skateboarding. Equipped with double the bag of tricks, players are tasked to rebuild their career and revive the skate scene. Now with the ability to get off-board and move objects, gamers can create their own epic spots and challenges, which can then be uploaded, shared and experienced by others around the world.

I can tell you what I am going to be doing most of the day tomorrow!  In fact, it's probably the same thing I will be doing every day until the game comes out.  Make sure you come back tomorrow for some hands-on impressions of the demo and more than a few bail videos.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Jayge_

Oh come on! I still have 2 other fairly long games to finish and one last achievement to get in Fallout 3! Stop making me want this game!

Avatar image for monsterhospital25
MonsterHospital25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By MonsterHospital25

Damn you red ringed xbox!!! Chances are they developed this first on the 360 so the PS3 version will have another bad port to add to its list.

Avatar image for killzonegamer84
Killzonegamer84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Killzonegamer84

Monster umm noo.. Skate 2 lead platform is the PS3. do some research

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Nice! However, I must admit, I still haven't ever played Skate online.

xplodedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By xplodedd
Killzonegamer84 said:
"Monster umm noo.. Skate 2 lead platform is the PS3. do some research"
you gotta be kidding. is this why it comes early on 360?
is this why practically every demo was 360?
is this why the 360 version was way better then the ps3 last time around?
HansCz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By HansCz

Any first impressions from the demo?

I'm on Silver Membership. It would be ludicrous for me to get gold just for the sake of a demo. But Jeff already waxed eloquently on that subject.
I'm hoping you guys have gathered your 2 cents. Maybe even more?

Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Bullet_Jr
xplodedd said:
"Killzonegamer84 said:
"Monster umm noo.. Skate 2 lead platform is the PS3. do some research"
you gotta be kidding. is this why it comes early on 360?
is this why practically every demo was 360?
is this why the 360 version was way better then the ps3 last time around?"
Uh, guys, it's the same damn game. It really doesn't matter.

I've played the first game for both the 360 and PS3 and I couldn't tell the difference. I've got a sneak suspicion that history will repeat itself with the sequel.