Sloooooooow...

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

Edited By jakob187

It's been slow, folks.  Real slow.  Maybe that's just because my days have started blending together more and more.  I don't think there's a single night in the last week where I've gotten more than two hours of sleep.  I can blame this on multiple things:  partying, gaming, comic-book-reading, Facebook apps, socializing, etc etc etc. 

But it's still been incredibly slow. 

I have a Facebook page.  I know, shocking!  Either way, I've refused to play any of the stupid Farmville games and crap like that for a while.  I caved this past week.  I've decided I am only sticking with a couple, though:  Farmville, D&D Tiny Adventures, World Domination, and Bejeweled Blitz.  Yes, I feel like my testicles has gotten smaller because of this, and in turn, I believe I'll need to make up for it with Darksiders and Dante's Inferno next month...as well as eventually starting Dragon Age.  However, I will NOT apologize for Bejeweled Blitz!  That shit is masterful!  Fucking addictive and astoundingly fun stuff. 

As for real gaming, well...it's been a LOT of Modern Warfare 2 lately.  My KDR is finally on the rise, thanks mostly to discovering the SCAR as well as spots of knife-running (no care package glitching, though).  That game is still broke as fuck, but I can't stop playing it.  It could have a lot to do with the fact that I end up unlocking at least 2-3 new titles every night that I'm playing. 

I've also been jamming on 1 vs 100 for the first time.  That's a really cool experience, and it's boosted for me because I've gotten a handful of friends into it as well.  Therefore, we'll have six guys sitting next to each other competing over scores, while at the same time generally making fun of people that got easy questions wrong (seriously, how can you NOT make fun of 888 people out of 10,000 that don't know a ROCK is NOT a living organism?).  I've got one achievement left before I S rank dat hoe, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the all-too-easy 1 vs 100 Live on this coming Saturday night. 

I also happened to check out Dungeons and Dragons Online for the first time this past couple of days.  For those who don't know, the game is now a free-to-play game (no subscription fees) with some micro-transaction stuff built in.  So far, though, the game is pretty damn excellent and it makes me sad that I all but ignored it when it released three years ago.  I can definitely see how it didn't take off like crazy:  it's difficult and very group-oriented.  However, what's the point of an MMO if you aren't grouping up, right?  I'm hoping to delve a little deeper into that experience in the coming months as well. 

Other than that, not much going on.  I've been finding myself pulling further away from the forums and visiting the site in general to focus on a few others things, like working on a comic book series that me and a buddy want to start up and getting my car spruced up. 

To end this blog, I found myself blessed today in a divine way.  On my way out of the convenience store this morning after getting my morning Amp and cigarettes, I found $100 bill laying in the parking lot.  There were no other cars around, and I had a moral struggle along the lines of "if you found a briefcase with $1 million in it, what would you do?".  Here's the way that I justify it:  I prayed for the first time in my life over the last two days for something to go my way in order to get parts for my car that I NEED in order to not get pulled over or seriously injured in a wreck (meaning my driver's seat belt is broken and my right headlight is out).  As I looked at that $100 bill, I realized something:  if this is laying on the ground, it means someone had it in their pocket...and if I had a $100 bill, it would be in my wallet or purse so I didn't lose it...so if someone just has $100 bills laying around in their pocket, they probably didn't need it that badly. 

Besides, what else was I gonna do?  Go back inside and ask the attendant if they have a lost and found for that $100 bill?  I'm sure SHE had a lost and found for it...in her pocket. 

Until next time...piece.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By jakob187

It's been slow, folks.  Real slow.  Maybe that's just because my days have started blending together more and more.  I don't think there's a single night in the last week where I've gotten more than two hours of sleep.  I can blame this on multiple things:  partying, gaming, comic-book-reading, Facebook apps, socializing, etc etc etc. 

But it's still been incredibly slow. 

I have a Facebook page.  I know, shocking!  Either way, I've refused to play any of the stupid Farmville games and crap like that for a while.  I caved this past week.  I've decided I am only sticking with a couple, though:  Farmville, D&D Tiny Adventures, World Domination, and Bejeweled Blitz.  Yes, I feel like my testicles has gotten smaller because of this, and in turn, I believe I'll need to make up for it with Darksiders and Dante's Inferno next month...as well as eventually starting Dragon Age.  However, I will NOT apologize for Bejeweled Blitz!  That shit is masterful!  Fucking addictive and astoundingly fun stuff. 

As for real gaming, well...it's been a LOT of Modern Warfare 2 lately.  My KDR is finally on the rise, thanks mostly to discovering the SCAR as well as spots of knife-running (no care package glitching, though).  That game is still broke as fuck, but I can't stop playing it.  It could have a lot to do with the fact that I end up unlocking at least 2-3 new titles every night that I'm playing. 

I've also been jamming on 1 vs 100 for the first time.  That's a really cool experience, and it's boosted for me because I've gotten a handful of friends into it as well.  Therefore, we'll have six guys sitting next to each other competing over scores, while at the same time generally making fun of people that got easy questions wrong (seriously, how can you NOT make fun of 888 people out of 10,000 that don't know a ROCK is NOT a living organism?).  I've got one achievement left before I S rank dat hoe, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the all-too-easy 1 vs 100 Live on this coming Saturday night. 

I also happened to check out Dungeons and Dragons Online for the first time this past couple of days.  For those who don't know, the game is now a free-to-play game (no subscription fees) with some micro-transaction stuff built in.  So far, though, the game is pretty damn excellent and it makes me sad that I all but ignored it when it released three years ago.  I can definitely see how it didn't take off like crazy:  it's difficult and very group-oriented.  However, what's the point of an MMO if you aren't grouping up, right?  I'm hoping to delve a little deeper into that experience in the coming months as well. 

Other than that, not much going on.  I've been finding myself pulling further away from the forums and visiting the site in general to focus on a few others things, like working on a comic book series that me and a buddy want to start up and getting my car spruced up. 

To end this blog, I found myself blessed today in a divine way.  On my way out of the convenience store this morning after getting my morning Amp and cigarettes, I found $100 bill laying in the parking lot.  There were no other cars around, and I had a moral struggle along the lines of "if you found a briefcase with $1 million in it, what would you do?".  Here's the way that I justify it:  I prayed for the first time in my life over the last two days for something to go my way in order to get parts for my car that I NEED in order to not get pulled over or seriously injured in a wreck (meaning my driver's seat belt is broken and my right headlight is out).  As I looked at that $100 bill, I realized something:  if this is laying on the ground, it means someone had it in their pocket...and if I had a $100 bill, it would be in my wallet or purse so I didn't lose it...so if someone just has $100 bills laying around in their pocket, they probably didn't need it that badly. 

Besides, what else was I gonna do?  Go back inside and ask the attendant if they have a lost and found for that $100 bill?  I'm sure SHE had a lost and found for it...in her pocket. 

Until next time...piece.

Smitatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Smitatoe

haha, i found a dollar in a gas station a few days ago... it was only a dollar but there was people around so i figured if they didn't pick it up, i wasn't either.

Ferginator4k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Ferginator4k

I share your veiws on MW2 and think its great that you''ve checked out DDO

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

1 vs 100 can be a surprising amount of fun. I know I've facepalmed way too many times upon seeing the number of people who seem to fail at answering even the easiest of questions too.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By kmdrkul

I've heard terrible, terrible things about Farmville.  I'm talking near-WoW type of addiction.  Go cold turkey now, lest you want to barely be able to cope with yourself in the future.  Luckily I've steered clear of all Facebook apps, including the annoying-as-all-hell quizzes that make you answer incriminating questions about people who you only kind of sorta know on your friends list. 

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By Claude

I have no idea where I am. Maybe that's why Shattered Memories has entered my mind.